Is sugar more evil than fat?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Piss off. You're just like the rest of them.

You posted incorrect information and personal opinion dressed up as fact. People corrected you and offered actual facts and you feel attacked and the need to attack back?
    ^Just described 99% of the threads.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I don't think my body cares where the sugar comes from as long as it gets it (and lots of it because sugar makes me happy). :happy:

ETA: Your body probably reacts that way to a donut as opposed to fruit because the donut has more sugar, not necessarily because of what kind of sugar it is.

That's a valid perspective, also. And, it actually supports my point:

Apple = Glycemic load of 6
    Apple = Glycemic load of 30

[/quote]

OK, now I'm really confused!:bigsmile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Piss off. You're just like the rest of them.

You posted incorrect information and personal opinion dressed up as fact. People corrected you and offered actual facts and you feel attacked and the need to attack back?
    ^Just described 99% of the threads.
    Touche.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have done fairly extensive reading on the research of sugar in diet. But, I am always open to new ideas or research. Your reaction is odd, to say the least. Not sure why you can't discuss this. I'm seriously curious why you feel there is a difference between natural occurring sugars and table sugar. The research I have read does not support that supposition. But, as I said, I am always open to new ideas or research on the topic.

IMO the only difference is that highly refined sugar is just easier to eat too much of... purely a volume thing. I always say the devil is in the dose. With refined sugar you just have to be more careful not to eat too much...
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    There is no evil food...

"Eat less, stress less, move more, lift more and get a good nights sleep. For physical health, that's pretty much as good as it gets." –Brad Pilon, Eat Stop Eat
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with you people? My original response WAS valid and correct. So, I was wrong about some points; I admitted that also. I'm here to learn and discuss things, nothing more.
This discussion has been closed.