Women in relationships aren't allowed to have male friends?

Replies

• rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    End it now!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    so for those who say your partners can't hang out with the opposite sex, does that rule only apply to heterosexuals? I'm curious.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    I believe Chris Rock explained it best

I believe Chris Rock was also the voice of Donkey in "Shrek".

I'm supposed to take relationship advice from a donkey impersonator?

sw50sw8sw578.gif
  • She is mine. I have wooed her with the promise of beer.

Frick, I still have quarters in my truck I was about to go to the walmart and coinstar them and buy her topshelf.

You clearly don't know me. *Hair flip*

Duly Noted :ohwell:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    She is mine. I have wooed her with the promise of beer.

Frick, I still have quarters in my truck I was about to go to the walmart and coinstar them and buy her topshelf.

She prefers PBR.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    The majority (~80%) of my closest friends are all male. I test them, talk to them on the phone, go out drinking with them, even go away with them. If my partner has a problem with that, it is his problem not mine. If he can't trust me, then we don't have a relationship...end of.

Yes because when you are in a serious relationship its totally normal to "go away" with a male friend....

Yes, it is totally acceptable in my relationship for me to 'go away' with my male friends. My partner trusts me, and my male friends know that I am not after them for anything other than friendship. If I want to get laid, I can stay at home.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member

Eddie Murphy is the donkey in Shrek!

Truth! Chris Rock was the Zebra in Madagascar...I'm not taking advice from Zebra either..LOL
  • Collier78
    I think it's more of them feeling threatened by us females. I know in my relationship I have been married 6 years and because of my weight loss am getting a lot of attention then I have ever, on Xbox, MFP and random strangers.

He feels threatened by the fact that I could "like" one of these males friends one day and leave him. Insecure I guess.

i think it depends on how you react when hit on. I mean xbox girl gamers.........Come on now.....

Agreed. Those dirty console peasants cannot be trusted. PC gamer or gtfo.
    But what if you like both??

Then that makes you a transient. Gross.

LOL I play DnD with my husband too...I'm all whacked out!

Slore.

HA HA...You have to tell me how you came up with that one!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member

This is a craft beer girl. :love:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member

Eddie Murphy is the donkey in Shrek!

Dooooooooooooooh!

Bang goes that joke.

Chris Rock was in Madagascar...
  • I believe Chris Rock explained it best

sw50sw8sw578.gif

LMFAO DEAD
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I believe Chris Rock explained it best when he said men don't have women friends they just have women they haven't fuc@ed yet.

Lol. This is what my husband says. I don't have any male friends (in real life) either....that would not go over well here. And no, not because he's insecure. He says he does not trust that a guy friend would never want/try anything more. FTR, I don't care if he has female friends. But he doesn't anyway.

Like isn't this topic NAIVE? ARE WE 12? All ANY woman has to do is turn to the guy friend and offer him a happy ending, MARRIED, SINGLE, TAKEN, he is gonna take the bait. He may be a friend, but he would sleep with these women married or not if they let it get to that place, and they are dumb to think otherwise. Sitting at home with a male friend, your man isn't going to be home for 3 hours, and they dont THINK if they offered something he would take it? Are they dumb?

You mispronounced 'jealousy'

Jealous of what exactly?

Relationships where you can trust your spouse not to *kitten* around behind your back at the drop of a hat.
  • firstsip
    so for those who say your partners can't hang out with the opposite sex, does that rule only apply to heterosexuals? I'm curious.

If this thread were at all to be taken seriously, I'd second the question. However, heteronormativity going to be heteronormativiting. Clearly gay men are just "girls" and lesbians are just "one of the guys." -_-
  • She is mine. I have wooed her with the promise of beer.

This is a craft beer girl. :love:

You can have her , shes way beyond my carb intake threshold.
  • firstsip

She prefers PBR.

:angry:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    I believe Chris Rock explained it best when he said men don't have women friends they just have women they haven't fuc@ed yet.

Lol. This is what my husband says. I don't have any male friends (in real life) either....that would not go over well here. And no, not because he's insecure. He says he does not trust that a guy friend would never want/try anything more. FTR, I don't care if he has female friends. But he doesn't anyway.

Like isn't this topic NAIVE? ARE WE 12? All ANY woman has to do is turn to the guy friend and offer him a happy ending, MARRIED, SINGLE, TAKEN, he is gonna take the bait. He may be a friend, but he would sleep with these women married or not if they let it get to that place, and they are dumb to think otherwise. Sitting at home with a male friend, your man isn't going to be home for 3 hours, and they dont THINK if they offered something he would take it? Are they dumb?

It's called humor. I promise you, if I offered to blow one of my guy friends in the bathroom at Starbucks, they'd laugh, say "yeah, let's go" and then take another drink of coffee and continue with whatever else we were talking about. If I interrupted and told them I was serious, they'd laugh some more. If I continued to press it, and finally got them to believe that I wasn't joking, they'd get serious and ask me WTF is wrong with me b/c I'm happily married, and regardless of their relationship status, they respect ME and MINE.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member

That was Eddie Murphy. It is racist to think all black people sound the same.

How dare you!

I think all donkeys sound the same...
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    If it is ok for him to do it but not you then he is obviously doing something with these women or having thoughts about these women that he would not want you doing or having with other men. It is NOT okay for him to have female friends if he gets jealous of your male friends. It is his guilty conscience telling on him! Kinda like when they accuse you of cheating all the time when they are actually the ones cheating!
  • Collier78

It's called humor. I promise you, if I offered to blow one of my guy friends in the bathroom at Starbucks, they'd laugh, say "yeah, let's go" and then take another drink of coffee and continue with whatever else we were talking about. If I interrupted and told them I was serious, they'd laugh some more. If I continued to press it, and finally got them to believe that I wasn't joking, they'd get serious and ask me WTF is wrong with me b/c I'm happily married, and regardless of their relationship status, they respect ME and MINE.

^^This^^

Not everyone has trust issues...my best friend would be really worried about me...knowing me and knowing my husband. He would want to know if I was on something..