Women in relationships aren't allowed to have male friends?

Options

Replies

• ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in a male-dominated major and my best friend is actually an ex who's 2000 miles away. Can't handle that then you can't handle me. Trust is everything! Weeds out the insecure boys from the men pretty quick:)

Of course Harry would dictate otherwise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8kpYm-6nuE
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    She is mine. I have wooed her with the promise of beer.

Frick, I still have quarters in my truck I was about to go to the walmart and coinstar them and buy her topshelf.

You clearly don't know me. *Hair flip*

This is a craft beer girl. :love:

You can have her , shes way beyond my carb intake threshold.

6rzA5MS.gif
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    ...but I like my guy friends :cry:

For real though, I get along with guys better than girls. It doesn't mean that there's anything going on. It's insensitive if your man thinks that it's ok for him to have female friends and restrict you to only female friends. I would never let my man tell me I couldn't be friends with someone unless there was some huge reason why we really shouldn't be friends besides the fact that they are male.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I believe Chris Rock explained it best when he said men don't have women friends they just have women they haven't fuc@ed yet.

Lol. This is what my husband says. I don't have any male friends (in real life) either....that would not go over well here. And no, not because he's insecure. He says he does not trust that a guy friend would never want/try anything more. FTR, I don't care if he has female friends. But he doesn't anyway.

Like isn't this topic NAIVE? ARE WE 12? All ANY woman has to do is turn to the guy friend and offer him a happy ending, MARRIED, SINGLE, TAKEN, he is gonna take the bait. He may be a friend, but he would sleep with these women married or not if they let it get to that place, and they are dumb to think otherwise. Sitting at home with a male friend, your man isn't going to be home for 3 hours, and they dont THINK if they offered something he would take it? Are they dumb?

It's called humor. I promise you, if I offered to blow one of my guy friends in the bathroom at Starbucks, they'd laugh, say "yeah, let's go" and then take another drink of coffee and continue with whatever else we were talking about. If I interrupted and told them I was serious, they'd laugh some more. If I continued to press it, and finally got them to believe that I wasn't joking, they'd get serious and ask me WTF is wrong with me b/c I'm happily married, and regardless of their relationship status, they respect ME and MINE.

^^This^^

Not everyone has trust issues...my best friend would be really worried about me...knowing me and knowing my husband. He would want to know if I was on something..

No! Don't you know men have absolutely NO self control when it comes to sex. None whatever so ever. Men are horrible, evil, sexually driven people.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I believe Chris Rock explained it best when he said men don't have women friends they just have women they haven't fuc@ed yet.

Lol. This is what my husband says. I don't have any male friends (in real life) either....that would not go over well here. And no, not because he's insecure. He says he does not trust that a guy friend would never want/try anything more. FTR, I don't care if he has female friends. But he doesn't anyway.

Like isn't this topic NAIVE? ARE WE 12? All ANY woman has to do is turn to the guy friend and offer him a happy ending, MARRIED, SINGLE, TAKEN, he is gonna take the bait. He may be a friend, but he would sleep with these women married or not if they let it get to that place, and they are dumb to think otherwise. Sitting at home with a male friend, your man isn't going to be home for 3 hours, and they dont THINK if they offered something he would take it? Are they dumb?

A good place to start.
    http://www.pathwaytohappiness.com/relationship_jealousy.html
    sorry for your troubles.

I dont have any troubles. I have a great relationship. Unlike these people seeking emotional comfort from the opposite sex who ISN'T their s/o and masking it as "friendship". You can keep reaching though

Oh, honey.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

But does he trust that you would say no? Because that's what matters.

A man can try something with you all day long. If you say no, then what difference does it make?

I would certainly end that kind of friendship because that friend is disrespectful. But what your SO is actually saying is that he doesn't think you are capable of saying no when propositioned for sex.

Agree, simple as saying no. I guess he thinks I'll be offended/hurt by it, having trusted someone to just be a friend?? Whereas I wouldn't take it that seriously.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

A good place to start.
    sorry for your troubles.

I dont have any troubles. I have a great relationship. Unlike these people seeking emotional comfort from the opposite sex who ISN'T their s/o and masking it as "friendship". You can keep reaching though

No one said anything about emotional comfort. I get my emotional comfort from my husband..I get my best fart jokes from my best friend...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

If this is your view from inside your relationship, I'm sorry you have to suffer through such trust and security issues. I remember times in my life where I was in relationships colored this way, I hope you to know the day where everyone the same gender as you is not the enemy.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Hmm, glad my fiance knows I get along with males better than I do females due to being a tomboy growing up.. And he knows I'm bi, as well.. I guess it all boils down to trust and self-confidence of the person you're with. He knows I will never run around on him. :heart:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    so for those who say your partners can't hang out with the opposite sex, does that rule only apply to heterosexuals? I'm curious.

If this thread were at all to be taken seriously, I'd second the question. However, heteronormativity going to be heteronormativiting. Clearly gay men are just "girls" and lesbians are just "one of the guys." -_-

+1. you're right though this thread is ridiculousness at its finest... I'm just in for gifs at this point
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

A good place to start.
    sorry for your troubles.

Assuming (and continuing to argue) that EVERYONE wants in EVERYONE ELSE's pants ALL THE TIME does make you sound troubled.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

You can be with me, but if you do...there's 3.5 billion people on the planet you can never talk to again.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    No! Don't you know men have absolutely NO self control when it comes to sex. None whatever so ever. Men are horrible, evil, sexually driven people.
    [/quote]

This is such BS! we are not all horrible! rest is pretty much spot on
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hmm, glad my fiance knows I get along with males better than I do females due to being a tomboy growing up.. And he knows I'm bi, as well.. I guess it all boils down to trust and self-confidence of the person you're with. He knows I will never run around on him. :heart:
    No friends for you!
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    Aight then dont say nothing if my best friend is miley cyrus and yours is bill ny the science guy. phair is phair
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Aight then dont say nothing if my best friend is miley cyrus and yours is bill ny the science guy. phair is phair

With the latest pictures I've seen of Miley Cyrus..I'll take Bill Nye...It's always the quiet ones...:tongue:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I havent had a RL female friend in my adult life that I didnt want to bang. Hmmm.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    She is mine. I have wooed her with the promise of beer.

Frick, I still have quarters in my truck I was about to go to the walmart and coinstar them and buy her topshelf.

You clearly don't know me. *Hair flip*

She prefers PBR.

:angry:
    Doh
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    No friends for you!
    As if :P lol
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options

tumblr_mcfcsv5fuO1qizyquo1_400.gif
    Panty dropper for sure!