Over 200 New Year New Me Part 31

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Julie- I was reading through the posts so fast to see if you ever posted a positive result up! OMG you are making me nervous (in a good way)for you. I had cramping when I got preggo. I thought I was having a weird period because of the way the cramps were and it almost felt like my period was stuck..i dont know how to describe it. I had no other symptoms besides the cramping.

YES! That's exactly how I feel. I even said to dh "What if I'm like.. plugged up & it's all just stuck inside and I'm going to die of TSS or something?" He loves it when I talk about my uterus and menses. :laugh:

The pt I took this morning was negative and of course TOM is not here and of course I'm still cramping and bloated (this makes a week for the constant cramping/bloated feeling). It sucks that the only thing I can really do is wait. I'm not good at that. I guess I could go to the gyn but I've been reading other womens' experiences and it's so early that even a doctor's visit may not give me a definitive answer. I guess I'm just more on top of my cycle or freak out faster than most women. I start getting nervous the day I'm late, even if it's before 28 days, because it's so unlike me. If I'm going to be off cycle, I'm going to be early. Period. (ha!) The longest cycle I've ever had before this was 29 days. It's been 34.

Yesterday I had that hot flash and then I started getting nauseous around 3-4pm and stayed that way on & off until I went to bed. I kind of think maybe it's just because I'm so anxious about everything though. I don't feel sick this morning. Just crampy.

I didn't do so great with calories yesterday. Close to maintenance. "The baby" wanted cinnamon sweetsticks while I was at my part time job last night (lol, I'm so just kidding about blaming my indulgence on a probably nonexistant cluster of cells).

Calories: 1848
    Exercise: none. I worked 13.5 hours.
    Water: Apparently only 4-5 cups. But holy crap, I peed so much yesterday. :noway:
    Proud: So, normally I don't get enough sleep. My regular bed time is around 2am (I wake up around 7). All this week I've been going to bed before midnight. Last night I got home from work around 10.30. I sat on the couch for about 15 minutes, then dh made dinner for me (:heart:) and I ate it in bed. :laugh: Then I immediately went to sleep. So tired. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if I go to bed at 11.30 or 2am -- getting up at 7am is just as hard for me either way.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    I feeel sooo horrible today.

My head was so stuffy this morning, my throat hurting...and my stomach was hurting...you know i am not feeling good, i just had a plain bagel thin this morning with no peanut butter.. YOu know i am not right if i am refusing to eat peanut butter.

I just want to go back to bed...but i got to work..:sad: I have a meeting in 30 min, i may take my lunch today sleeping...maybe if i get a good hour nap i will feel better.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    lstpaul-So sorry to hear you were feeling bad but glad you are back to yourself again. And you are right, at least if you get the symptoms again you know what they are. Glad to see you back!

Danielle-I definitely have days that I feel skinnier. Haven't had one in about a week though. Gotta love the lurking of TOM! Congrats on the baggy bum with your undies!

Cris-Sorry to hear your overwhelmed. Check in with us from time to time to let us know your okay. We miss you. Or come and chat with us even if you aren't giving it your all. You know what's best for you. HUGS!

LilDebbie-Sorry to hear TOM's kicking your butt. But at least you had a fun filled day with Serena. How was it?

Julie-I love how you are blaming "the baby" on your cravings. LOVE IT! Still no show of TOM eh? Guess we will continue to wait and see the results!

I missed my morning workout this morning. I fell asleep early last night and woke up with the absolute worst anxiety attack. I wanted to cry! So I broke down and took my meds for anxiety, which in turn, knock me out cold. So I didn't even bother setting my alarm for the gym. I knew it wasn't going to happen. Sooo I vow to go tonight to the SPIN class. I brought my gym clothes to work, I have leftovers in the fridge at home for dinner so I wont be eating to terribly late, I have no excuse not to go. The only excuse I have is that neither one of my parents are home on Thursday nights and I get the house to myself, minus the dogs. Oh well. I need to hit the gym. I'm still showing up 4 pounds from last Friday's weigh in. I am usually up a couple of pounds before TOM arrives then I go back down, and I can definitely feel I'm bloated. So, enough of my TMI ramble. Off to start the day.

P.S. Have I mentioned I'm so over this remodel at work? There is just crap everywhere. I told my manager he owes me lunch tomorrow from corner bakery for putting up with all this unexpected B.S.! His reply is "I was going to on Monday since were working open to close with no lunches but I can do that tomorrow" :noway: :grumble: umm..excuse me? Thanks for the heads up bucko!! :explode:
  • lildebbie
    thanks jess...so now it appears TOM has gone...I know it is too soon..i am sure it will be back later on today with a vengence...ugg

I do feel a little better now i had the bagel.
  • LittleSpy
    Jess -- That remodel sounds super fun. :noway:

Deb -- So sorry you feel bad! TOM gone already? Uh oh, maybe you're pregnant & that wasn't really TOM but "implantation bleeding." :wink: C'mon! I need someone in this boat with me. :laugh:

Danielle -- I used to have days where I felt thinner but lately I've been having the opposite. Right now, I guess because of the cramps/bloating, I feel like a huge fat cow. But my clothes are feeling looser than ever & I keep getting comments from folks at work. I don't know. I haven't weighed myself in almost a week because I've been so consumed with that other thing. I just can't imagine that I've lost anything. I fully expect to be up around 195 again tomorrow.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Jess: Sorry to hear you've been having a crummy time. Things will get better soon.

Julie: Hey, I started out in the same boat as you until I realized my math skills need help.

Purple: Regarding your sodium question...we don't require you to track your sodium on a daily basis, but many of us choose to do so. I personally do because I've found my sodium intake affects my weight even more than the actual calories. It's all a matter of what works best for you.

Cris: Sorry to hear you're fed up. I hope you don't leave us! Obviously, we can't change how you feel about your weight loss journey, but I'm hoping your motivation comes back to you. Take some time off of working out and maybe just track your calories, without being obsessive about it. Heck, don't step on the scale for a while if that will help. Just stick around. It will be worth it and you know that!

I'm having a fantastic day, in regards to my weight loss journey. I'm down a bit more so the scale showed 187.6. Keep in mind this is with TOM. I'm hoping as soon as it leaves, it will take a few pounds with. I'm also officially wearing size 10s because I have them on right now, at work! This is the size I graduated high school in, even though I was 37 lbs lighter then. I think this goes back to the weight distribution thing.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: Under by 68
    Sodium: Over by 280
    Water: 87.6 oz.
    Exercise: Three hours of walking at volunteering
    Proud: I worked a McDonald's mocha frappe into my day (a medium, even)!
  • lildebbie
    Jess -- That remodel sounds super fun. :noway:

Deb -- So sorry you feel bad! TOM gone already? Uh oh, maybe you're pregnant & that wasn't really TOM but "implantation bleeding." :wink: C'mon! I need someone in this boat with me. :laugh:

Danielle -- I used to have days where I felt thinner but lately I've been having the opposite. Right now, I guess because of the cramps/bloating, I feel like a huge fat cow. But my clothes are feeling looser than ever & I keep getting comments from folks at work. I don't know. I haven't weighed myself in almost a week because I've been so consumed with that other thing. I just can't imagine that I've lost anything. I fully expect to be up around 195 again tomorrow.

Julie - i had that my thought in my head this morning...i guess all your talk of possibly being preggers..then realty sunk in...I had my tubes tied (burned) so the likelihood of that happening is pretty much slim to none.

My head is all stuffed up , i think my tummy problems this morning was a combination of some drainage on my stomach , given the load of crap i ate yesterday from burgers and fries with cheese sauce at fudruckers to popcorn at the move to pizza before bunco last night, then cookies at bunco...yeah i think i was soo over my cals it wasn't even funny.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Afternoon gals,

Quick pop in!

I am doing great..TOM left early this month..it lasted 4 days. I am happy it's gone!

I restarted fasting today..so far so good.. I am down 1 of the 4 pounds I gain 2 weeks ago...I don't care anymore. My current weight is 204.0..I don't think I will ever see 199 any time soon...My body just loves being 200ish..

Have a great day girls...miss ya all:heart::flowerforyou:

Laila
  • LittleSpy
    Cris -- Definitely don't leave us. I'm not giving it 100% right now either. I'm WAY too busy obsessing over that other thing to obsess over my weight right now.

On that front (again)... I'm pretty much convinced I am in fact pregnant. Home pregnancy tests be damned. I've developed a common early pregnancy symptom over the last 24 hours that I feel like clinches it for me (trust me, tmi :laugh:). This is something that can't just be in my head unless I've seriously super duper lost my marbles (possible).
    I feel like I'm well aware of my body and what's normal for me so... I just kind of know. But then again I also know I could be crazy and wrong. :laugh: I definitely need it to be confirmed for sanity's sake. Dh seems to be in denial so I'm trying not to bring it up anymore much until I have a stick with 2 lines on it in my hand. :laugh: That's why you're being bombarded with my random rambling thoughts. I deeply apologize. :flowerforyou:

Oh yeah, LOL, and if I am pregnant, the timeline works out so that I got pregnant sometime around the time I went to Virginia. It will ALWAYS be in the back of my husband's head that this is Eugene Hutz's (from Gogol Bordello) baby. :laugh: He's already brought it up. :tongue:
  • lildebbie
    Cris -- Definitely don't leave us. I'm not giving it 100% right now either. I'm WAY too busy obsessing over that other thing to obsess over my weight right now.

On that front (again)... I'm pretty much convinced I am in fact pregnant. Home pregnancy tests be damned. I've developed a common early pregnancy symptom over the last 24 hours that I feel like clinches it for me (trust me, tmi :laugh:). This is something that can't just be in my head unless I've seriously super duper lost my marbles (possible).
    I feel like I'm well aware of my body and what's normal for me so... I just kind of know. But then again I also know I could be crazy and wrong. :laugh: I definitely need it to be confirmed for sanity's sake. Dh seems to be in denial so I'm trying not to bring it up anymore much until I have a stick with 2 lines on it in my hand. :laugh: That's why you're being bombarded with my random rambling thoughts. I deeply apologize. :flowerforyou:

JUlie - The fact you went to sleep soo early is a sign!!!! At least for me when I was pregant (even before i had a + preg test) like before my 1st missed day, i was soo exhausted. I enjoy all your random rambling thoughts :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    JUlie - The fact you went to sleep soo early is a sign!!!! At least for me when I was pregant (even before i had a + preg test) like before my 1st missed day, i was soo exhausted. I enjoy all your random rambling thoughts :smile:

I thought about that, too.
    Also, I left work twice not feeling well in what would have been the week after conception. First times I have EVER left this job early because I wasn't feeling well (and I've worked here for 2 years).
    I am so over thinking this.
  • lildebbie
    This is sooo interesting...Everything seems to pointing to a pregancy...not sure why the tests aren't showing that.!!! You should of seen me when I was taking the tests i would anaylze that stick take pictures of it blow it up...The 1st one i got with abby was very very faint...but i could see it !!!
  • LittleSpy
    This is sooo interesting...Everything seems to pointing to a pregancy...not sure why the tests aren't showing that.!!! You should of seen me when I was taking the tests i would anaylze that stick take pictures of it blow it up...The 1st one i got with abby was very very faint...but i could see it !!!
    I think maybe it's just too early. I freaked out like as soon as TOM was a minute late. But tomorrow I'm just a week late. If TOM or a +HPT hasn't showed up by next Saturday, I think I'll schedule a blood test. Then if that's negative, I guess I'll wait to see if I miss TOM again. And if I do, I guess I'll be headed to the gyn at that point. It calms me down to have a plan. :tongue:

Or you know, it also could be that I'm not pregnant. Which is fine! I just need to know WTF is going on if that's the case.

A week ago I would've much preferred the "not pregnant" outcome. But after freaking out and living in my brain for the last several days I'm starting to get pretty excited about it. That's part of the reason I'm so frustrated with my situation. No TOM & the symptoms I'm having means something's up, pregnant or not. And it's not just that I'd prefer pregnancy. I definitely want to have a child (though didn't plan on it being so soon) and all of this has me thinking about how much I've always taken having children for granted. So, when I'm faced with possible pregnancy or something possibly being wrong with my baby makin' equipment, I immediately realized how excited I should be if I am actually pregnant.
  • RedneckWmn
    Julie-Girl you are CRACKING me up! But I do my friend said that her tiredness was her first sign. She use to stay up till all hours of the night and said she could barley make it through her workday. Those tests need to show a positive result or TOM needs to show up already! I'm excited to find out the results. As I'm sure you are very much so!

Heather-You are doing so great staying on track. Could you pass some of that this way for me!?

Laila-Glad to hear you are doing okay. Was starting to wonder about you girl. And I'm with you. I think my body wants to stay between 211-215 forever. I'm about to go out of my damn mind over here. And then I went and had tacos for lunch. DAMNIT!

Yep. I couldn't stand these paint fumes so I went to have lunch with my friend. I had 2 crispy tacos from OTB thinking they were okay...yeah definitely not. I even asked to not bring the rice and beans so I wouldn't be tempted. So there I am with like a 700 calorie lunch. Definitely going to the gym tonight and tomorrow morning! Anybody have any suggestions for a good protein shake? I'm thinking of doing one tonight instead of dinner. Espeically since I wont be getting home till about 8 or later. Something with peanutbutter would be great!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Julie, The first signs of pregnancy started with cramping like I was getting TOM, then sleepyness ( constantly tired - all the time), and my boobs swelled up like TOM swelling but for some reason IT felt different.

I do take a pregancy test a few days when I am late, however, it doesn't show up right away...give it 2 weeks before taking another pregancy test...it should come up POSITIVE.

All the signs are their except for the 2 strips on the test..lol.

Jess, I miss you too. I have been so tired with fasting..I constantly feel drained, but that is what's to come when fasting all day.

I would just focus on my next meal. don't beat yourself up over a miner mistake...those fume has gotten to your eating choices..it's not your falt.. so a Protien shake sounds yummy..especially peanute butter flavor. The power shake is eas whey prower - chocolate flavor. it's alright.

let me go..I still have a lot of laundry to do and finish preping dinner ...a lot to do in a short amount of time.

btw, I am getting my bedroom set..can't wait to see it in person.

bye for now. love ya.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Julie, sorry things are crazy for you. I know we all have different bodies, but there have been months I totally missed my period, took many a preganancy test (all negative), and got my period the next month. The uncertainity sucks, but it does happen!

Jess, glad you got out of the paint fumes. Boo to finding out about all that work this upcoming Monday! Hit the gym for your class and you'll get all those cals right back!

Laila, glad the fasting is going well and you're down a pound. I think if you can maintain during Ramadan then you're doing well. Your body is on a totally diffferent schedule and maintainence is good!

Deb, sorry you're not feeling too well.

I worked from home this morning because we had a maid service come by and clean the house. We got a Groupon for it about 6 months ago (3 hours of cleaning for $50!!) and had to use it before it expired. My apt is so clean! The bathtub is sparkling and wasn't even this clean when we moved in! It's WONDERFUL! Hopefully we'll be inspired to take better care of our home and not decide that we need a cleaning service once a month (though I can totally see that happening...I've already started to think about how to budget that in!).

Last night we went to a dinner party - had homemade gnocchi with a basil pesto. YUM! However that was also accompanied by some wine. I brought a peach pie, so that's more cals. Needless to say, I was over in cals for the day!

Check-in:
    Cals - Over - 1853 (a little under maintenance)
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - none
    Proud - My peach pie was delcious!
  • LittleSpy

I do take a pregancy test a few days when I am late, however, it doesn't show up right away...give it 2 weeks before taking another pregancy test...it should come up POSITIVE.

OMG 2 weeks is like an ETERNITY! :laugh: Thank goodness for Cris and her dollar store tests or I'd already be in the poor house. :wink: Like weighing myself, there is no way I'm not going to test every single morning. And I'm very pleased to have kept it under that much control. :laugh:

Lauren -- It's comforting to know that if I'm not pregnant, all things may resume as usual next month. I tend to be a worst-case-scenario high strung negative nancy (what a fun newborn mother I'd be, huh? :laugh:).
  • RedneckWmn

I tend to be a worst-case-scenario high strung negative nancy (what a fun newborn mother I'd be, huh? :laugh:).

Oh my goodness I am the same way!!

Lauren-A coupon for cleaning? That's amazing!! I need one of those to come clean my apartment!! I'm dreading the awful "move out" clean up. We didn't put down a deposit and so I wanna say screw it, it's your problem, it's not that bad!

Laila-Thanks girl for the advise. I'm not, not wanting to eat dinner because I ate too much at lunch, it's that I'm gonna be getting home late but I'm still gonna have a small meal or a protein shake.

With all this talk on sugar I went back and check mine, I didn't go back too far but to my suprise I don't go over by very much, or at all sometimes, granted I haven't been "faithfully" tracking for all but 2 or 3 weeks now and no weekends. I usually don't crave too to many sweets. It's my fat where I go over. That's probably worse. :grumble:
  • LittleSpy
    Lauren -- that Groupon sounds awesome! There's no Groupon for my city yet. :grumble: I get Charlotte's & Charleston's because those are both only a little over an hour drive away. I haven't bought one yet though. Tried to jump on today's GAP Groupon but the websitehas been down every time I've tried since 9.30am. Boo!
  • RedneckWmn
    I know we have some sushi lovers on the board. Going out to a sushi place on Saturday night for my friends birthday. Any healthy suggestions? I'm determined to turn my eating habits around on the weekends!
This discussion has been closed.