freaks and pervs...NO

Options
emilile18
emilile18 Posts: 25 Member
has anyone else found they've had a lot of freaks and pervs add or try and add them?

I'm on here to try and lose weight and get support from like minded people,not to be chatted up!

Replies

• Pidgeywendy
    Pidgeywendy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yup!

Just don't acknowledge them at all - delete all friend requests, unless it's accompanied by a genuine message from someone looking for proper buddy support :-)
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Nope, sorry, didn´t see any of them till now. :(

But hey, are there someone out there? add me, lol ;)
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just delete them and go on with your fit mission ;)
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call them freaks or pervs, but yeah, it happens. Just ignore it and move on. :)
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sadly yes, plenty of muppets see this site as a cheap version of match.com

delete the requests and report any crude behaviour
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    freaks and pervs...strong words, yes they exist on here but...

JksYP4e.gif

just ignore or report them, most people on here are supportive.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've honestly never ran across any! Now I'm upset! :sad:
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    has anyone else found they've had a lot of freaks and pervs add or try and add them?

I'm on here to try and lose weight and get support from like minded people,not to be chatted up!

Wait! I'm a freak and a perv. I admit it fully.:bigsmile: Tho, I'm not here to chat anyone up. *goes and pouts in the corner*:cry: Didn't wanna be friends anyway. :grumble: Harumph! :angry:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    YES! It helps if you change your profile pic to a cute kitty or something along those lines. :) Ever since I changed I haven't had one creeper try to add me. And keeping your profile set to private so only your friends can see also helps if you do have personal pics of yourself.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Own it.
  • Pickledpiper
    Pickledpiper Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately I ended up feeling like I had to delete my profile (even though I blocked the user and reported them). I don't mind accepting friend requests, but I am certainly not trying to befriend anyone on here anymore. I pretty much don't trust anyone on the internet at this point, you just never know what kind of crazy is behind the screen.

*edited to say that I did the kitty pic thing for a bit which def seemed to work, and also set my profile and diary so only friends can see (at least I think I did), crap I need to go check now!
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    neglect them.......freaks!!
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yes I am to a freak and perv but only with certain friends LOL..I do not go out looking for it
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Just delete them and go on with your fit mission ;)

yup

thats what I do and I block creepers who send weird creepy messages....some ppl need a life
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So sad when I read this thread... I thought there would be freaks and pervs here!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes. I will be friendly and talk to anyone, but when they just met me and start getting weird and inappropriate, I just delete/ignore them.
  • VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    yes I am to a freak and perv but only with certain friends LOL..I do not go out looking for it
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    YES! It helps if you change your profile pic to a cute kitty or something along those lines. :) Ever since I changed I haven't had one creeper try to add me. And keeping your profile set to private so only your friends can see also helps if you do have personal pics of yourself.

a neanderthal woman brandishing a spear has a similar effect
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes. I will be friendly and talk to anyone, but when they just met me and start getting weird and inappropriate, I just delete/ignore them.

Now I understand what happened between us.

Lol, no you and I are good! ;)