• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    God hates divorce.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    So you don't want to bang your husband, you don't want to cheat, you don't want to leave him, and you don't want to discuss this with him.

Way to be an adult. I guess the only way out is suicide then.

What in the ever-loving fack made you think that suggesting she commit suicide is ok? You are a digusting person.

Some of the replies here have made me ashamed to have called some of you "friend" at various points.

OP, I suggest talking to a counselor or therapist about this issue and then possibly following up with couples counseling. Fuethermore, knowing how MFP can be, if you have closer-than-appropriate relationships with men (or women) on here, I would suggest ending them immediately.

You have a great relationship with your husband and a great life, if we are to take that part as true. This is something worth working on and fighting for.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    your man wants you.

dont take that for granted.

But so many women do. And then they wonder why their husbands cheat on them.

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, ladies.

so it is women's fault that men cheat?

yeah, right.

Anyway OP, some people have given good advice and others have given judgemental crap and am rather shocked at those who think this is a suitable thread to give flippant mocking answers - but really, I do not think you will find the answer on the internet.
    I think you need to see a counselor or a marriage guidance professional - he/she will help you find the right way to approach this with your husband and maybe then ways to work on it together.

Myself I think it is probably part of hormone changes after having a baby - and I think maybe your body doesn't want sex but the fantasies and attractions to other men are safe ways of your mind thinking of sex without actually doing it IFYKWIM.
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think it's healthy in a boring marriage to explore with other people in the bedroom :D I think you should talk to him about that and see if he's ok with it, or cheat if you know he won't be. Sounds bad yea but if you like the relationship you two have and just not the sex life than I think it's a good solution at least until you're satisfied.
    If you don't want to do that than either continue being unsatisfied, get a divorce, or try new things in the bedroom.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    rofl @ suicide ...

a less extreme way to say this is, **** or get off the pot.

Yes, ROFL - suicide is such a funny topic - NOT!!!!

What a dumb post.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I think it's healthy in a boring marriage to explore with other people in the bedroom :D I think you should talk to him about that and see if he's ok with it, or cheat if you know he won't be. Sounds bad yea but if you like the relationship you two have and just not the sex life than I think it's a good solution at least until you're satisfied.
    If you don't want to do that than either continue being unsatisfied, get a divorce, or try new things in the bedroom.

I do not see a long lasting marriage, or any relationship for that matter, anywhere in your future.
  • paperpudding
    Options

I think this is a terrible solution - not likely to help the marriage at all.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I dont even...

*sigh*
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

I do not see a long lasting marriage, or any relationship for that matter, anywhere in your future.
    This and STD's in their future
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    A few points at random...

Emotional:
    - stop right now and make a list of 50 things you love about your husband. Include things that are physical (his eyes, smile, scent).
    - how is he with your child? make sure that you spend time as a couple, where the child is not part of the equation. Also get some alone time, if you find that you are always with your child, you may need time alone.
    - I would recommend NOT fantasizing about someone else, real, movie, or imagined. Doing that, while being intimate with him, detracts from your moment with him and will destroy your connection with eachother. If you don't want to cheat on him in body, then don't allow yourself to cheat on him in your mind.
    - start flirting with him, in person, in text
    - don't say anythinig to another man on here, that you don't currently say to him. Before you tell anyone (male) on here how great they look, or how awesome they are... think about him, and send him a SINCERE compliment first.
    - don't fall into the MFP Fake Compliment trap... a lot of people are highly supportive and kind, but a LOT blow sunshine up your *kitten* too.. take it all with a grain of salt

Practical:
    - has he changed his deodorant, body wash, or shampoo lately... humans are naturally pheromone driven - if his base scent has changed, then maybe that has some sort of factor
    - is it possible that maybe a new scent is in order? change your laundry detergent, or go shopping for a new cologne or body wash for the both of you.

(Before you laugh... I am incredibly scent driven... I LOVE the smell of my guy... just the smell on his shirt gets me in the mood... maybe a change in such a small area could make a difference.)

- take a shower right beforehand, spend extra time grooming and peparing yourself, get yourself aroused in the shower
    - try some of the Lora Corn challenge books (101 romantic nights, 101 quickies, etc... suggestions to build anticipation and sexify your life)

ETA: maybe it wasn't random after all... and maybe you should also get some bloodwork done to check your nutrient levels... maybe things are out of sync in terms of body chemistry now that you are exercising.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

Did this start once you got in fitness?

yes
    also is there someone else you are emotionally are invested in (talk a lot too about your personal life),

no

Oh man, I know exactly what you are going through then. I use to be very happy go lucky in my fat days loved everyone unconditionally. But ever since I got into fitness I noticed I became very nit-picky about the most trivial stuff with regards to others fitness levels, and when I catch myself doing it I get very upset about myself for being judgy.

Nothing changes around us most of the time but rather the way we view the world changes. I think you need to come to terms just because you are aiming high in the fitness department it is not fair to expect everyone around you to do it. I'm not saying don't encourage them to but don't make it the only way you judge them. Remember you aren't (none of us are) perfect either but others out there put up with our shlt. You have to retrain your mind to focus on the whole package again rather than zero in to the physical element.

Remember just cause you see all these people with amazing bodies it doesn't mean they have the rest of it figured out. It sounds to me that you have a good life going on and not worth ruining for a mental image you have based on your new found point of view.

^^Very wise advice!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

69312850218774d10b70cf3b6ba55b7b.gif
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    This place really is 50 Shades of Stupid sometimes...

OP, I hope it works out for you and your family whatever you choose to do.

Good luck.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wacky as this may sound, it may be depression. I'd suggest seeing your family doctor and discussing this recent turn of events. Whether it's physical or psychological you should give it a shot. A demanding hectic life can affect us in many surprising ways.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    ". He had his birthday a few months ago, and I knew he was really looking forward to some, so I gave the poor guy a break." <
    THAT'S F*CKED UP.

lol
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I didn't have time to read through all the pages, but I'll just add my .02 cents. Years ago I was married and went through this. With that said, it was a physical response to an emotional change. In my case, the "ex" was passive aggressive and did some things that hurt me to the core. Even though I didn't realize it at the time, the trust eroded away. I couldn't be vulnerable with him anymore and I ended a 15 yr marriage.

In another relationship, I had this happen when my partner acted more like a child than an equal. He refused to grow up, take responsibility for what he brought to the table (or what was lacking). The more childish he became, the less interested I became. I think you have to respect someone to want them.

I don't know what you're problem is, but I can guarantee it's most likely a perception change affecting you. You are a new mother. Is your hubby helping out, or acting more like another child in the house?

Buried resentment will kill intimacy quicker than anything.

Seek counseling. If you can't talk to him about it, then sort it out with someone unbiased. It's not fair to remain silent and let it fester. Not fair to him or yourself. "Faking it" only catches up with you at some point.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wacky as this may sound, it may be depression. I'd suggest seeing your family doctor and discussing this recent turn of events. Whether it's physical or psychological you should give it a shot. A demanding hectic life can affect us in many surprising ways.
    I don't think it sounds wacky at all.
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been in his position and it led to divorce. You need to work it out together, ASAP or you might as well just stop wasting time and go for the split.

In my case, I noticed something was off and I figured she was working through something and needed space so I gave it. Kindness led to anger and hurt and me having no interest either. It was all over at that point though I hadn't seen it yet. Don't worry so much about hurting his feelings, worry about being open and letting him work through this with you. It's not going to be easy but it needs to be done now. If you can't communicate, it's not going to work.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

At first that was my thought, but both parties cant be jealous if entering an open relationship. OP would have to find it acceptable to see her husband being intimate with another woman/partner, and him her. I wouldnt discuss an open relationship until she or they have sought some counseling. If the parties arent willing or emotionally mature this type of relationship could be destructive.
  • mlrd2010
    Options
    Don't worry so much about hurting his feelings, worry about being open and letting him work through this with you. It's not going to be easy but it needs to be done now. If you can't communicate, it's not going to work.

I agree with this. He's just so amazing to me all the time, it kills me to think of saying things that will hurt him, even though I know it can help. Like holding your toddler down for a shot, you know? It'll be for the best, but it hurts the heart to bring pain to those you love, no matter what the reason is.
This discussion has been closed.