Clean Eating Bashing?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Lets take a fitness approach....would an athlete training for an event....Lets say Michael Phelps (or anyone you choose) be better eating a so called "clean diet" or would he just train eating a not so clean diet (fast food)? Just want to see everyones opinions:)

Usain Bolt claims he ate a thousand McNuggets at the Beijing Olympics.
    Haha! At the olympics or training for?

At. He didn't like the native food so he apparently ate almost nothing but McDonald's.

That's IMO an excellent approach to prevent starvation while in a mysterious country with mysterious food. Especially since McDonalds has the rep of trying to make it's food taste the same no matter where you buy it much to the chagrin of some ppl. BTW what country was he in when he was forced to eat all this McDonalds just to survive?
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Lets take a fitness approach....would an athlete training for an event....Lets say Michael Phelps (or anyone you choose) be better eating a so called "clean diet" or would he just train eating a not so clean diet (fast food)? Just want to see everyones opinions:)
    Considering Michael Phelps admits to eating a mostly "dirty" diet (of 12,000 calories a day) and has more gold medals and total medals than any individual in the history of the Olympics ever, I'd say he's the poster boy for proving that "clean eating" is an unnecessary approach for health and fitness.
    Yes! He should be the poster boy:)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    In to find later.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the 2afj1b6.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

At. He didn't like the native food so he apparently ate almost nothing but McDonald's.

That's IMO an excellent approach to prevent starvation while in a mysterious country with mysterious food. Especially since McDonalds has the rep of trying to make it's food taste the same no matter where you buy it much to the chagrin of some ppl. BTW what country was he in when he was forced to eat all this McDonalds just to survive?

Beijing is in China.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    And again for the record, nobody gives a crap, really, what you eat. It is when you* tell people that they aren't healthy / don't care about their health / will get cancer / won't lose weight etc etc if they don't eat clean that you* bashed.

* you = clean eaters that say these things. Just like the Op did on the first page of the original thread.

If this particular part gets quoted another 20 pages will the "clean eaters" finally understand?????

doubtful....

Only if you can quote me all the examples of the above. No one has been bashed on this thread with the exception of the off-putting Obamacare comment in the beginning. No cancer, no weight gain, no you don't care.

Actually there have been several posts saying us none clean eaters don't care, too lazy to eat clean but as I'm on my phone I've no chance of quoting them for you.

The cancer and gaining weight have been claimed many times in other threads. At no point did I say these things happened in this thread. BUT they do happen weekly on the forums.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options

Well, he was at the Beijing Olympics, so....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Considering Michael Phelps admits to eating a mostly "dirty" diet (of 12,000 calories a day) and has more gold medals and total medals than any individual in the history of the Olympics ever, I'd say he's the poster boy for proving that "clean eating" is an unnecessary approach for health and fitness.

May I recommend this photo of him for our poster? michael-phelps-quote-of-the-day-pool-pee__oPt.jpg with the caption of dirty eater or soemthing preferably quoted from an interview he did? so as to remain kosher?
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Very clever of him! Do you know what kind of food he was consuming while training?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I may be changing my mind. Because it's hard to ignore a man in speedo's with an LV bag by his side. dirty-butterfly-michael-phelps-louis-vuitton.jpeg

ETA: brb, I'm looking for the rules. my instinct is that the official sport uniform of an olympian should be okay, but I just wanna double check.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Very clever of him! Do you know what kind of food he was consuming while training?

Don't know, and don't really care.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    And again for the record, nobody gives a crap, really, what you eat. It is when you* tell people that they aren't healthy / don't care about their health / will get cancer / won't lose weight etc etc if they don't eat clean that you* bashed.

* you = clean eaters that say these things. Just like the Op did on the first page of the original thread.

If this particular part gets quoted another 20 pages will the "clean eaters" finally understand?????

doubtful....

Only if you can quote me all the examples of the above. No one has been bashed on this thread with the exception of the off-putting Obamacare comment in the beginning. No cancer, no weight gain, no you don't care.

There was this one:
    I am willing to participate directly in that process and I don't think it's appropriate to disparage those want to put more effort into their own health and the health of society just because you're not at that point.
  • ajaxe432
    Options

May I recommend this photo of him for our poster? michael-phelps-quote-of-the-day-pool-pee__oPt.jpg with the caption of dirty eater or soemthing preferably quoted from an interview he did? so as to remain kosher?
    Haha! Dude looks almost skin and bone here!
  • ajaxe432
    Options

Don't know, and don't really care.
    Just curious, ty for info!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options

READ IT AND WEEP, BOYS!

http://news.menshealth.com/michael-phelps-diet/

There is some gray area afterall!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Haha! Dude looks HAWT here!

FIFY
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

doubtful....

Did you miss the original post in this thread? The one that said that people who don't eat clean "disparage clean eater" because they "put more effort into their health" than non clean eaters? That's the definition of claiming someone else doesn't care.
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think the whole "clean" vs "dirty" thing is more about people's spirituality expressed through food. I see the same thing in the Apple vs Android smartphone forums. It makes it easy in peoples' minds, "good vs. evil" if you will. Assuming a secular viewpoint, there's no good or bad ,clean or dirty food, there's only:

Carbohydrates
    Proteins
    Fats
    Fibre
    Vitamins and Minerals (including phytochemicals, the 'colours" in vegetables
    Micronutrients
    Water
    Additives and Preservatives (many derived from naturally occuring sources)

While other plants will kill you if eaten, they're not considered food even though they are natural, organic, GMO free, yada,yada

As others have stated, it's the daily (or maybe even weekly) makeup of above that determines whether you're eating "clean" (healthy is the better tem, IMO) or not. And of course there's variances based on the individual. In other words....

IT'S NOT THE FOOD, IT'S YOUR DIET!!!!!!!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

This.........
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    how come i can't find the rules?