• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    agrees with title of thread = pointless
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    hey!!!
    I've got a pointless soapbox tooo :tongue: but when I feel like breaking it out, I do this instead....
    tumblr_mr0zx5J8zM1saa8d8o1_500.gif

Turn round! :grumble:

schmidt.gif
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OP, totally off the subject (because I really don't care), but every time I see your profile pic it makes me think of an actress from one of those old TV shows..... who do you look like dammit! It's driving me crazy!

She's that girl from "Facts of Life?" Blair?

Or Topanga from "Boy Meets World"?

Google supplied me with some serious flashbacks!

I miss old sitcoms!

i was going to say Valerie Bertinelli in her current look (which is pretty damn good!)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! Where did the white hooders come from??! *hiss*

lol

I totally read that as 'hooters' :laugh:

MI.jpg

ETA: since I'm not white, I was wondering the same thing :blushing:
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!! Where did the white hooders come from??! *hiss*

lol

I totally read that as 'hooters' :laugh:

MI.jpg

ETA: since I'm not white, I was wondering the same thing :blushing:

haha!! Mindy!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think if you're going to compare MFP users to the KKK you'd better have some examples of truly deplorable behavior that support your comparison. Otherwise it's a pretty inflammatory thing to say.

Much more insulting than any of the comments I see being called rude on a daily basis.
    Who's comparing MFP users to the KKK? People are making posts that internet users throw around racial slurs and threats of violence purely due to anonymity. I used the KKK to refute that argument. People have been making death threats and throwing around racial slurs probably a couple thousand years before the internet existed. The KKK was just one organized group.

Oh, and to respond to the person posting the KKK in uniform, the white hoods were for intimidation and to hide their faces while committing criminal acts, not to hide their membership. KKK membership was public, they didn't hide the fact that they were members, and they didn't need to wear the hoods to spread their violence and hate.

MFP is tame compared to most internet sites, and it's REALLY tame compared to the real world.

I should have quoted. I wasn't talking about your KKK post, I was talking about the one that says:
    I think (well, I thought) we all know that the reason people are ****s on the internet is because of the anonymity. You can't be held accountable if nobody knows who you are.

Sounds kind of ... similar, hey?

right above the picture of the Klan.

You and I are agreed.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got some real winners on your unnamed "popular social networking site".

I actually recently de-activated my account on one such popular social networking site, because acquaintances assumed I wanted to be constantly informed of updates to their online family photo albums (yeah, I didn't). And other people on that site simply cannot be counted on for a serious response to anything--especially a serious question.

If you want a fair, respectful and thoughtful debate on a social networking site, good luck.

The closest thing I've found is an unnamed popular BUSINESS networking website, which regrettably many people see it as little more than a job-hunting tool. But you can find respectful debate on anything you like on that website, provided you know where to look.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I think if you're going to compare MFP users to the KKK you'd better have some examples of truly deplorable behavior that support your comparison. Otherwise it's a pretty inflammatory thing to say.

Much more insulting than any of the comments I see being called rude on a daily basis.
    Who's comparing MFP users to the KKK? People are making posts that internet users throw around racial slurs and threats of violence purely due to anonymity. I used the KKK to refute that argument. People have been making death threats and throwing around racial slurs probably a couple thousand years before the internet existed. The KKK was just one organized group.

Oh, and to respond to the person posting the KKK in uniform, the white hoods were for intimidation and to hide their faces while committing criminal acts, not to hide their membership. KKK membership was public, they didn't hide the fact that they were members, and they didn't need to wear the hoods to spread their violence and hate.

MFP is tame compared to most internet sites, and it's REALLY tame compared to the real world.

I should have quoted. I wasn't talking about your KKK post, I was talking about the one that says:
    I think (well, I thought) we all know that the reason people are ****s on the internet is because of the anonymity. You can't be held accountable if nobody knows who you are.

Sounds kind of ... similar, hey?

right above the picture of the Klan.

You and I are agreed.
    Ahh, I misread. That's ok, my point needed the clarification anyway. :laugh: