Replies

• renee_athome
    Options
    lol! :)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Typically boxers.
    Unless I am gonna be in a class and on a floor, then I wear biker short/fitted shorts under my gym shorts.......

but assless chaps might be worth a shot. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vmr2811
    Options
    Although I will admit that a pair of yoga pants on a woman does look absolutely delicious without panties underneath.. I will also say that if you're planning to workout, sweat and be at it for a while.. you really need something on under there.

In my mind its a sanitary thing.

If you think your *kitten* and no no square arent excreting fluid while you workout, you're lying to yourself.

Try to see it from that point of view.

I have seen a few women at the gym with wet undercarriages .. and that's not hot.. at all.

Heat and body fluid dont make an attractive mix... so put that thin layer of cloth between and keep it clean.

Thank you and goodnight. :smokin:

^^^this, dear God THIS!!!! (minus the delicious thing, I don't swing that way) You know there are people who don't wipe down machines after they use them--it's like doing leg presses on a public toilet seat. :sick:
  • jimethanowen
    Options
    I don't wear them, hardly ever actually!
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    unless you love camel toe...wear some underwear (thongs...panty lines are gross)
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I always swim after my workout(actually its the final part of my workout) so I generally workout in a bathing suit. So no is the answer.
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My experience is that the majority of females who wear spandex at the gym, don't wear underwear. They do with shorts though.
    For me, I gotta wear underwear especially wearing shorts. Don't think my clients would appreciate tea bagging while I spot them on a bench press.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I LOL'd.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    unless you love camel toe...wear some underwear (thongs...panty lines are gross)

Hmm....I don't know.
    I kinda like thongs on women. :bigsmile:
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Without undies my sweat reaches more areas and causes more uncomfortable chafing. That being said, if I haven't done laundry, I'm not going to forgo my workout because of lack of undies.
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    I always swim after my workout(actually its the final part of my workout) so I generally workout in a bathing suit. So no is the answer.

** THIS is why I do NOT swim at my gym **

You built up a sweat, from-unda-cheese, anal leakage ... and then went and got in the pool..

Yuck :sick:
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

You built up a sweat, from-unda-cheese ... and then went and got in the pool..

LMAO this is killing me!
  • MityMax96
    Options

You built up a sweat, from-unda-cheese, anal leakage ... and then went and got in the pool..

Just don't drink the water. :laugh:
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am not a germophobe, but I am really squicked out by this thread. No one cares if you have panty lines in the gym. They do care if you're leaking on the equipment. I'm deathly allergic to the spray they have in my gym, so I only wipe things down with my towel, now I have no idea what I could contract. EWWWW! :noway: I guess if I haven't after 4 years, I won't, but just... UGH! Brings a whole new visual to the term 'swamp @ss'. Seriously - yoga pants are not enough of a layer between your bits and the bench. *shudder* Especially that time of the month. EWW!

Target has great wicking workout panties, in regular, boy shorts and t-backs. They are cheap and REALLY effective - to the point where I wear them out dancing now.
  • Ovrsees
    Options
    Bump ... To funny not to come back and read later :laugh:
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ewww this has made me feel a bit grubby. I work in a gym and my job involves cleaning the machines too!
    Why would you go commando to the gym? Who cares about panty lines? You are going to get sweaty (unless you are going to pose and do nothing)

Erm only wear a thong if you want to try for a yeast infection too...the fabric between your butt cheeks moves around when you move!
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    So for those of you who are absolute underwear fanatics, I have a question. The yoga/capris that I wore this morning (without undies OMG the horror) have a little support area, I guess you would call it. A diamond shaped area of cotton or mesh or something.
    Is that acceptable to you or do you still feel that each person MUST at all times wear underwear?

I was comfortable wearing them with no undies. I think this is my solution. I will just buy more of those pants.

Didn't leave any snail trails by the way. I always wipe everything down anyway.
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    If you workout at a gym or run outside or bike or whatever you do....do you wear underwear?
    What kind? Do you have special workout underwear? Do you just skip them?
    I just can't seem to bring myself to put on pretty panties or thongs to exercise so I've been forgoing them.

Obviously this was directed towards the ladies but men feel free to jump in if you've got an opinion on this.

My father was a coroner. I learned from him that WHATEVER you do, wear clean underware. I run...with clean underware. :)

Your father sounds like my grandmother. Her philosophy is that you never know when you have to go to the hospital, so you should always look your best for the doctor.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Semper ubi sub ubi.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Heck no. That's what the liners in my shorts/exercise pants are for. Especially on the long runs. I'd go nuts with that stuff um, er, finding places it shouldn't. :blushing:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I wear compression shorts.

I don't feel like it would be comfortable with twig and berries bouncing all over the place like they are on a trampoline. And if the shorts ride up to high, no one wants to see that.
This discussion has been closed.