Options
    Never.

Never to workout or never, never. Just curious

Never to workout.
    Rarely otherwise.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to assume now that the majority of the women at my gym are NOT wearing undies. That sheds new light to going to workout!!!

Especially if they don't wipe clean the abductor machine after they use it.

ew. just ew. :sick: :noway:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    nope need the fabric for proper wickage otherwise there is chafing and forest fires
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I always swim after my workout(actually its the final part of my workout) so I generally workout in a bathing suit. So no is the answer.

** THIS is why I do NOT swim at my gym **

You built up a sweat, from-unda-cheese, anal leakage ... and then went and got in the pool..

Yuck :sick:

Just don't drink the water. :laugh:

OMG this sheds all new light on gym grossness! Those signs that say "shower before entering the pool/spa" probably don't do any good.
    As far as equipment, I always wipe down before and after use. Gross to think of someone with only a thin layer of yoga pants between the seat and their business.

Yes. Underwear.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type of workout pants/shorts I have clean and available at the time, and what type of workout that day. . If I'm going for a significant run, I'll wear underwear to avoid swamp crotch. If I'm lifting, I might skip underwear because there's less sweating and friction going on.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Normally commando in everyday life but for the gym they are a must, I go there to work and lets just say I sweat and I would be mortified to have a wet spot anywhere other than my upper body, honestly hates those too but not much I can do. If I was just using the cardio machines I could see going without panties then but using the strength and weight benches, that just seems unclean. My husband normally only puts on underwear (boxer briefs) for the gym, and not for other parts of the day. He says the same as the other guys here, no jiggling while working out.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Ewww this has made me feel a bit grubby. I work in a gym and my job involves cleaning the machines too!
    Why would you go commando to the gym? Who cares about panty lines? You are going to get sweaty (unless you are going to pose and do nothing)

Erm only wear a thong if you want to try for a yeast infection too...the fabric between your butt cheeks moves around when you move!

False. I ONLY wear thongs when I work out. Never had a yeast infection from it. (the one and only time I ever did was when I hated working out and never did any sort of exercise, so...)
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Majority of the time I do not wear underwear. I always make sure that I wipe the equipment before and after.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you workout at a gym or run outside or bike or whatever you do....do you wear underwear?
    What kind? Do you have special workout underwear? Do you just skip them?
    I just can't seem to bring myself to put on pretty panties or thongs to exercise so I've been forgoing them.

Obviously this was directed towards the ladies but men feel free to jump in if you've got an opinion on this.

No. Compression shorts.

Underwear are for special occasions.
    Compression shorts are for training.

Training for those special occasions.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    My experience is that the majority of females who wear spandex at the gym, don't wear underwear. They do with shorts though.
    For me, I gotta wear underwear especially wearing shorts. Don't think my clients would appreciate tea bagging while I spot them on a bench press.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Hey...no political stuff there Niner...:tongue:

I'm a boxer briefs guy for exercise...boxers for every day livin'...
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    None!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to assume now that the majority of the women at my gym are NOT wearing undies. That sheds new light to going to workout!!!

Completely off topic here, but CREEPY doesn't even begin to explain this. I have seen 5 comments today alone (all in different threads) by you and they are all plain out creepy. Not funny creepy, just creepy. Please take the creep factor down a notch or 12. Thank you!
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    spandex.

but sometimes I work out in JUST spandex. most of the time I wear them under my shorts.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I always swim after my workout(actually its the final part of my workout) so I generally workout in a bathing suit. So no is the answer.

** THIS is why I do NOT swim at my gym **

You built up a sweat, from-unda-cheese, anal leakage ... and then went and got in the pool..

Yuck :sick:

I think I :heart: you!!
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You are out of your mind if you think I dont shower before going in the pool. Anal leakage ? Do you have a constant stomach illness that would cause such a thing? I know I don't.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I'm already seriously testing the structural integrity of my gym pants by shoving my big butt into them. The LAST thing I need is for my gym pants to split down the crack while I am squatting. I already have a couple of dudes that stare at my butt when I'm on the squat machine.

With that said, I ALWAYS wear underwear to the gym. Cotton, hipster fit for cardio days, and wicking boy shorts on strength training days. The stretchy wicking ones have more give, so if the pants rip, the underwear should still be covering my bits.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I wear boy shorts, unless I'm wearing my running shorts with the built in skivvies.
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I usually don't wear any.. Plus my butt is big so they just get stuck and are annoying honsestly
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    for the guys, it's simple. boxer briefs or compression shorts. for the girls however...there is this voice back in the far left corner of their brain that whispers to them "panty lines" and "how to do I pull those out of my ____ after I finish my squat session without anyone seeing?"
This discussion has been closed.