The thread where people give really bad running advice!

Options

Replies

• 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    During a race, you can save time by drafting off of the guy ahead of you.... but you gotta be reaaalllly close..... like "bumping uglies" close.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Train on the elliptical whenever possible. Remember to keep your arms in same position as they are on the machine and mimic the movement during the race.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Screw the full race.. Wait 100 meters from the finish line, Jump on the leader like a lion, bring them down, rob their clothes\number, and win the race
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Wear the clothes you plan to run in the race all week prior and work hard. Don't wash your clothes for the race tho. You need to keep that good work ethic vibe you built up all week.
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Before you race, Drink at least 10 pints of Lager, 10 shots, 10 vodka's, and 10 whisky's, The last thing you want is to be cold and dehydrated
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Don't waste time running outside! Running on the treadmill is exactly the same, but with easy TV access!

I have to do this in crappy (non warm weather) due to bad asthma :/
    I feel so "less than" right now.
  • summerroxygoodin
    summerroxygoodin Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Eat at least a gallon of oatmeal the day before and morning of the run.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Skip the last half of your marathon by cabbing it to the finish line. You might set a new course record.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Don't waste time running outside! Running on the treadmill is exactly the same, but with easy TV access!

I have to do this in crappy (non warm weather) due to bad asthma :/
    I feel so "less than" right now.

So do I.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The day before you run, go break you squat\deadlift PR by at least 20lb's, then do 100 rep drops sets. Reward yourself with a nice Vindaloo

This actually made me double over in lolz :laugh:
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Go get XYZ shoes because they are perfect for me.

Always run more and faster. Slow running is bad for you.
  • butterthebean
    butterthebean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Never ever walk during a run. If you walk at all....you're not a real runner.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    The best place to buy a good pair of running shoes is Walmart.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Start your first 5K (even if you're pushing a stroller) from the very first corral. The elites don't mind going around you and your 3 friends while you walk and hold hands......
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Alternate going forward and backwards to stretch out your muscles and confuse them for maximum calorie burn!

Wool is the best material for running clothes.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Shoes, smooze, run barefoot like our ancestors did.

Hey, worked for Zola Budd!

But enough about all those racing clothes; jeans are just fine. Skinny jeans, even. Heck, leather!
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The first thing you should do as a new runner is HIIT and Tabata intervals - every day.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Your first ever fitness/running goal should be to complete a marathon ...

Marathon? Pshhaw. Couch to marathon is nice and all, but anyone with even a bit of fitness should start with Couch to Ultra.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I've had a foot problem near the base of my fifth metatarsal that started four days ago...and it started two days after my last run...so maybe everyone should just do what I've done for real...even though I thought I was being reasonable in my approach. *shrug*