The thread where people give really bad running advice!

Options

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    under no circumstances should you attempt c25k without a camelbak and 4 full water bottles on a hydration belt. it might only be 30 minutes but better to be safe than sorry.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    People love running with dogs, so bring all of yours.... especially to the REALLY large races. You'll make lots and lots of friends.

i can't believe you forgot the most important point. Be sure you have all your dogs on a retractable leash and at the longest possible length at all times.

Hahaha!!! I can't tell you how unbelievable that people actually do this on park runs in the uk!

Where's the like button??
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    Swing your arms across your midsection while twisting back and forth while running. This builds abs.

My husband told me this.

It's how he runs.

We don't run together.

You're cracking me right up!!!
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    If you running a road coarse primarily on the left side of the road that has a crown, its recommended that you wear two left shoes. Right shoes only for right side. Don't get these mixed up or you will continuously run into the curb.

Like! This actually happened when I went from the flat streets of London to see my brother in Hawaii, oh boy did it screw with my ankles!
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Take every winter off from running! As a matter of fact as soon as the highs get into the 60s you better stop, being outside when it's that cold can make you sick!! Then when you start back running 6 months later, make sure you go for a distance pr! You won't lose any fitness during your time off!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    If you don't puke after every training run you're going too slow.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Swing your arms across your midsection while twisting back and forth while running. This builds abs.

My husband told me this.

It's how he runs.

We don't run together.

lol, good one
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    You'll probably encounter some big scary hills on your runs, don't be scared! Run up those suckers as fast as you can and show them who is boss. If you run out of steam at the peak it's cause you were too slow and stayed on the hill too longer - faster, faster, weeeee!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    To set your 10 pb:
    Ride a push bike 10k to get to the start of the race, despite having a van and a car you can use.
    Find your (currently undiagnosed) food interolerance is particularly bad and puke in the petrol station over the road.
    Grab a cheap sandwich, chocolate bar and bottle of coke while you're there.
    Consume said feast while being asked "Err, you're running in THAT"? Referring to your cargo shorts and random threadless t-shirt.

Well, worked for me as it goes :).

Oh and I often do take my large dog* running with me on a long extendable leash and yes I DO make friends due to that :).
    HOWEVER, he always stays by my side - wouldn't have him out in such situations if he didn't.

*(just over 100lb, but reasonably skinny, so physically quite big)
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If your run 10 miles a day- you can pretty much eat anything you want at all!

I wish!!!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options

My husband told me this.

It's how he runs.

We don't run together.

LOL! Keep them coming these are funny.

Although I haven't run a race yet and I"m a little worried I'll end up making an *kitten* of myself. Oh well.
  • betterrunfaster
    Options

My husband told me this.

It's how he runs.

We don't run together.

Although I haven't run a race yet and I"m a little worried I'll end up making an *kitten* of myself. Oh well.

Trust me, no one is looking at you. The serious runners are stressed about time, the casual runners don't care and the newbies are too busy feeling like everyone is looking at them.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    If you are in the first line of people at the gate for the start, you must honor the earliest running ritual and stop to kiss the start line when the gun goes off.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options

My husband told me this.

It's how he runs.

We don't run together.

Trust me, no one is looking at you. The serious runners are stressed about time, the casual runners don't care and the newbies are too busy feeling like everyone is looking at them.

Very true!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If its cold run in your UGGS, they are a must for serious winter runners.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    People love running with dogs, so bring all of yours.... especially to the REALLY large races. You'll make lots and lots of friends.

i can't believe you forgot the most important point. Be sure you have all your dogs on a retractable leash and at the longest possible length at all times.

Hahaha!!! I can't tell you how unbelievable that people actually do this on park runs in the uk!

Where's the like button??

yeah parkrun actually say 1 dog per runner!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Whilst running drink 30 beers

I like this!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

My husband told me this.

It's how he runs.

We don't run together.

Very true!

If you look like a newbie, everybody will just feel excited that you are experiencing your first race.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If you stop running when you get sick, you'll lose all your conditioning. Push through even if you have to stop and cough.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Every time you go for a run, you must sit on the couch to recover for 3 days. If you don't do that your muscles will be sore forever.