June Starters (2009)

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    WOWZA, STeph!!!!! The difference is AMAZING!!!! You look absolutely AWESOME!!!!!

Hope you guys have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Thanks KJ!

I can't wait to do before and after pics! ALMOOOOOST!! (Well, Maybe a couple weeks to burn off the Thanksgiving gain. :laugh: )
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    To all of my MFP friends who live south of the border ... I wish you all the best.

happy-thanksgiving-turkey-animation1.gif
  • magglett
    Today's my weigh in day and I'm down 1 more pound ... woo hoo! :happy:
  • busymom74
    Woops! Up 3 lbs. :laugh: I'm SURE its just water weight though. Dinner was AMAZING last night. :love:
  • magglett
    I ordered the Zumba game for Wii earlier this week from Amazon ... IT GOT HERE TODAY!!!! YAY YAY YAY. I only had the chance to try out some of the tutorial because we rented a few movies and the hubby wants to watch them ... but what I did so far seems like fun. I've got a bit of a sweat going on already. I'll let you know how it is as I use it more. I can't believe how fast it got here ... thank you Amazon!!!
  • busymom74
    Had Thanksgiving with my family on Sat. It was sooo much fun. Minor drama from my sis but thats to be expected.

Let me know how you like the Zumba game!!!!!!!!!
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Maggs- I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I may ask for it from my kids for Christmas.

Busymom- glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
  • magglett
    Well ... on a good note. I love my Zumba Game!!! It has a tutorial section for beginners that starts slow and then gets you to real time speed ... but if you've done dvd's or in class Zumba before then there's no problem using this game. You earn the right to go on to the next level ... and I work up a sweat every time.

On a bad note ... last night was a bust ... I ate way too much pizza and suffered trying to digest it all night. I'm way sleepy now. UGH!!!
  • busymom74
    It sounds like fun!

I've been eating terrible since TG. Can't seem to get out of holiday mode. Starting RIGHT now I WILL stay in my calories!
  • thirtyby40
    Grrrrr. I am so angry with myself. Holding steady at 142 (my goal was 138 by today). If I were trying and not getting anywhere then I would think my body doesn't want to lose weight right now, but honestly every morning I wake up with good intentions and by 2 pm they have flown out the window. Maybe I should stop focusing on weight loss for a while. :sad: :cry:
  • busymom74
    I've been doing the same thing. Maybe the 3 lb gain today will help me get back on track... I refuse to log it. I'm being childish I know but if it's still here next week I'll log it.
  • kandyjo
    Ok, I'm freaking STOKED about the ZUmba game for the Wii... I Haven't seen that yet!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!

Busymom, if anything, we KNOW you by now... and you ALWAYS recover from your gains!!!! You have been my inspiration lately!!! YOu are totally rocking and look amazing!!! I'm so freakin' proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom2... I really think the older we get the more stubborn our bodies are... or that is my experience... I think you are right though... it would be good for you to move your focus, but keep your goal in mind so you don't go crazy hee hee.... It would be a nice relief just to give yourself a week or two break and then hit it again with vigor... I bet you will see the scale move!!!

Ok, ladies... Do any of you Twitter? I'm Kandy_jo .... Some girl from MFP started following me the other day and when I saw she was a MFP'er I followed her back (there are a few of us on Twitter that follow each other) Anyway, I don't think we are friends here on MFP because she isn't familiar to me, but I really enjoy seeing her tweets... It actually helps keep me focused... She is constantly tweeting her workouts and her "if ever week were like this week you would weigh xxx lbs in 5 wks".... Anyway, just encouraging and motivational... So, I thought if any of you girls were already on Twitter, you should look me up ;) I would love to follow you as well...
  • busymom74
    Thanks KJ! It's so wierd to think I encourage people. lol

I don't tweet. lol I can hardly keep up with MFP and FB.
  • magglett
    Okay ... PIZZA IS EVIL!!!! Why is something I love so much so darn mean to me ... I'm up 2 lbs this week. :grumble:
  • thirtyby40
    Well my weekend was packed full of bad eating - as it often is this time of year. Yesterday was not so great either, but I have healthy dinners planned today and tomorrow. I think that is the key for me, plan ahead to avoid quick fixes!

Hope you are all having a great week!
  • kandyjo
    Haven't been eating horribly bad or anything, but my exercise routine is a joke!!!!!! WHY is it so hard to get back into the swing of things?!!!!!!!

Hope you ladies are having a fabulous week this far..... No loses here to post =(
  • busymom74
    I"ve had a terrible time getting to Spin. I think I may have officially given up. I'm just too much of a wuss to go out int he cold more than I have to. I think I have my eating under control though...
  • thirtyby40
    Glad to hear you both are doing well with your eating, it really is the biggest part. I am not getting in any workouts. I work out at home as you know so it should not be a problem. I think it is the combination of 11 hour work days everyday through the week and waking up in the dark then not being done work until it is dark. All I want to do after my daycare kids get picked up is cuddle my kids and watch some TV. We are really active through the day with dancing, simon says, etc, but that is daily no matter what time of year, I really need the additional hardcore workout to keep things tight.

4 and a half weeks until vacation and I am too embarrassed to give myself a good once over in the buff because I know I have been letting things slip. :sad: :cry: Oh well my fault, time to stop my complaining and start doing something about my misery.
  • thirtyby40
    I am reporting my weight today because well I was happy with what the scale said and we are doing pizza tonight so it will take me a couple of days to get rid of the water weight. Hey at least I am honest...

LW 142
    CW 140.4 (it has been around this for a few days so it is not like it is just a fluke)
  • busymom74
    YAY! Awesome Momto!

I'll be weighing in tomorrow and I know it'll be a gain but I'm ok with it already. I'm down to a size 4/5 and super happy with that. :love:
  • thirtyby40
    4/5 is awesome!! Do you find it hard to believe when you buy clothes. My 2 pairs of skinny jeans I bought the other day I bought in a 9/10 because this store fits small in there clothes anyways they are too big after I wear them a couple of minutes. I am just so afraid of the muffin top I keep buying my clothes to big because I can't accept what size I truly am. I am so weird sometimes. :laugh: :tongue:
  • busymom74
    I def do that! I took a size 8 in to try on. :laugh: Pulled them right off. My mom was with me so she brought me a 6- too big she brought me 4's. :noway: :noway: I couldn't even beleive it!!!!!!!!!!! So then my mother- always the suportive one says "It's probably just the brand running big." SO I grabbed 5's in junior and they fit! A little loose even but the 3's were a little snug. :laugh: I wish they had a 3 1/2! I'd rock those!! :wink:

Al told me I need to go on a mental diet since I MENTALLY still see myself as bigger.
  • busymom74
    3 lbs in the wrong direction. I'm ok with it though. . . Mostly... :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    Aww that is too bad. I am glad you are okay with it, it is a drop in the bucket compared to what you have maintained remember. :wink:
  • kandyjo
    I def do that! I took a size 8 in to try on. :laugh: Pulled them right off. My mom was with me so she brought me a 6- too big she brought me 4's. :noway: :noway: I couldn't even beleive it!!!!!!!!!!! So then my mother- always the suportive one says "It's probably just the brand running big." SO I grabbed 5's in junior and they fit! A little loose even but the 3's were a little snug. :laugh: I wish they had a 3 1/2! I'd rock those!! :wink:

Al told me I need to go on a mental diet since I MENTALLY still see myself as bigger.

4's!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP, GIRL!!!!!! WOWZA!!!! I'm pretty sure I will NEVER see a four LOL I'm hoping for a 6 or 8.... May have to settle for a 10 LOL
  • thirtyby40
    All I can say about this week is... Yuck!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well.
  • busymom74
    I agree this week is crap. My grandpa passed away in his sleep and I haven't been able to take off work to even process this. Oh the joys of a small company. There is literally NO one to cover for me this week.
  • thirtyby40
    Sorry about your Grandpa. You should be entitled to bereavement days, although depending on where you are I think Grandparent is sometimes only one day, here we get 3. Sometimes you just have to say "not my problem" when there is no one to cover you. Take care of yourself.
  • busymom74
    We get unpaid unless it's mother, brother, sister, father, spouse. No gpa but they're letting me take monday. There just isn't anyone who can come in and do my stuff this week. :frown: I guess monday is better though because the funeral is Sat and really things don't hit home until after the funeral... I know my bosses feel bad about not being able to make somehting work.
This discussion has been closed.