June Starters (2009)

167891012»

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Ya know- looking at my little flower ticker makes me super happy. :laugh: :laugh: It's the little things in life. :laugh:
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    thanks ladies :flowerforyou:
  • yolie1220
    Ya know- looking at my little flower ticker makes me super happy. :laugh: :laugh: It's the little things in life. :laugh:

a 72 pound loss is pretty amzing, that's no little thing!!
  • busymom74
    True- lol I don't even get excited about that- I just get excited about how close my flower is to the end. :laugh:
  • yolie1220
    True- lol I don't even get excited about that- I just get excited about how close my flower is to the end. :laugh:

You should change your ticker to "pounds to go". That way the rest of us can be jealous that you only have like 3 pounds left!
  • busymom74
    lol! I did that once but it made me sad. I'm more motivated by bigger numbers. PLUS- When I weigh in this week I'm changing it and it would actually kill me to see more lbs to go. :laugh: :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Ok I changed it anyways. :bigsmile:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Well 4 lbs to go looks awesome!
  • busymom74
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm totally going to spin tonight- It'd be GREAT to see "3 lbs to go" :bigsmile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I changed mine too...kind of weird!
  • busymom74
    It is wierd but sooooo cool!!
  • busymom74
    Just so you all know- my posts are going to be horrible and bland until I can get my stalker off my back.

I had a gain though. Back to 131.2. :sad:
  • yolie1220
    Just so you all know- my posts are going to be horrible and bland until I can get my stalker off my back.

You have a stalker?? Scary!!
  • busymom74
    Yea- she's going through and posting everything I post here onto her fb. :indifferent:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member

Really sorry about your stalker!

I'm sure your gain is from stress! My goodness you have a lot of that on your shoulders right now! :flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Thanks- but to be fair the gain was most certainly from Christmas. :laugh: Too much GOOD food!!! :laugh:

:wink:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    That's really freaky...why is she doing that with your posts? Psycho :noway: and I am so impressed with your loss...you inspire me! You look so amazing!

I have discovered something today...I eat too many chips. I just love them, they're salty and crispy. I get the kettle kind. I must start portioning them out or they will be the death of me! :laugh:

Going running outside today; it's a cool 28 degrees and there's snow/ice everywhere. I don't want to do it, but I don't like running indoors around the track. I want to get back in to running again, and I figure this is the only way. Wish me luck!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Busymom... who's the stalker and what is she doing? CRAZY!!!!

So good to see some of you guys back!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
    I'm still here...I really wish MFP would release their App for Blackberry ... it would make my life so much more .... well, simple... I can keep up with facebook and Twitter via my phone...>I have emailed them and they say it is in the works... BB is harder to make an app for apparently...
    Anyway, that is why I have seemed to be MIA... just way busy and it is hard to get to a computer some days
    I'm still plodding away...kind of.... I'm going to get back out and train for the 5K I have in the Spring... I'm running the Komen 5K for breast cancer awareness again this year... did it last year and it was fabulous!!!
    This cold is just making me not want to do anything though...
    I have been thinking about getting back to the gym one of these days too... IT's just hard because my husband is now working overtime and I can't go until he is home to watch the kiddos
    Anyway... My best friend started the Shred again this year, so I thought I might dust mine off and start it again...I never did get to level 3 last year...
    So, that's what I'm doing
    I am soooooo impressed to see you guys and so inspired to see the numbers!!! You ladies are awesome!!! You are there!!!! I mean, really, really THERE!!! You are so incredibly close to your goals that it is real for you!!! I'm so proud!!! I'm still a LOOOOOONGGGGGG way from mine.... and feel like I'm restarting... LOL... I never got my mojo back after I hurt my ankle during Boot Camp... I was on a roll and doing so well and then BOOM!!!!! INJURY and SET BACK!!! really bad words
    ITs' all good though, because here I am... Don't give up on me... And I appologize for being MIA
  • busymom74
    The stalker is my nutjob sister. She won't just leave me alone. She keeps posting what I say here on her FB and Mike won't do anything about it. He thinks I need to handle it with her.

Yeeeea, because I haven't tried that???????????

I'm very disapointed in Mikes actions and I may just delete my account to get away from this harrassment.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Just popping back on our thread =)
    Hang in there, ladies!!! Much love to you all!!
  • yolie1220
    138.5 woohoo! that means I am down 3.5 pounds from last Monday. I love the South Beach Diet, and I even started on phase 2 instead of phase 1 because I'm breastfeeding. My hubby lost 5.5 pounds this week!! We are so excited :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Wow. I am happy to see so many old faces. Welcome back ladies.

Doing a quick check in to report my incredible gain from vacation... almost 10 pounds. Up to 148.6 last weigh I was 139.4( I think). Oh well maybe I will be down by Friday weigh in. We had a blast and I am rested and ready for a new start.

Cheers!:drinker:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Well I finally had a minute to catch up.

Yollie - thats amazing, keep it up.

Maggs- You are doing great, its a winter rut. I swear all I want is comfort food in the winter. I am trying to get to bed earlier this week so I will not munch. How do you like the Zumba DVD? I still would like to try the class but have ever signed up.

Mamakat- great to see you back. I am glad you are focussing on the half you have kept off, that is a huge achievement.

Courtney- glad to hear you are happy with your bf. I totally agree that when you get comfortable in a relationship you tend to eat the junk your significant other eats. My husband is the worst. He is a chip addict and I am just not strong enough to say no night after night. Glad school is going well too.

Kandy- it is hard to balance family, work and finding time for yourself. Just remember you are worth it. the app will probably help. My dh just got me an ipod touch for my birthday so I just downloaded the app for MFP and started logging again Sunday. I haven't cleaned up my eating yet or started working out but the app is definitely a time saver and I don't have to kick anyone off the computer to log food :laugh:

Busymom- I noticed your posts were removed ( I also noticed it made me look like I was talking to myself for most of a page :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:) I hope that situation has resolved itself. Can't MFP have that person removed?

It is my oldest sons 18th birthday today which means 2 things - 1) I am getting old and 2) all you can eat sushi for dinner!! That will be fun to log.
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Hi All,

It has been just over a year since the last time I was on MFP and part of this group but I am back and ready to try again. I was doing extremely well before and then things went to hell in a chocolate covered handbasket...lol. Anyway, I gained back everything plus another ten pounds.

I have decided to try a couple of different things this time and see if it helps. Last time I was documenting all my food and coulnting the calories, carbs, fibre etc and I lost weight quickly but I think I began obesessing too much which killed it for me. This time I am not documenting, I am just going to eat better and lose the weight slower.

As much as being there and active for my kids is part of the inspiration I need an additional goal that will be rewarding to me and is a measurable goal which is key for me. Being active for my kids and there for them is tangible to a degree but it isn't easily a measurable goal. So, my additional goal is that for every pound I lose I am putting $5 into an account and when I reach my goal weight I am going to use the money to go on an adventure trip somewhere tropical where I can go hiking, see historical landmarks, go rappelling, ziplining and lots more. I love to travel and rarely get a chance to, so this time I am going to kill two birds with one stone.

Anyway, I am glad to be back and look forward to reading your posts and catching up with you all.

Take care,
    Datenshi
This discussion has been closed.