June Starters (2009)

Replies

• thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Hey Maggs. gGlad you had a great time. My husband and I went to see Wicked in TO a few years back, we both loved it. Good for you getting up and moving even when you did not feel like it.

I am fighting a flu and I had a busy and calorie packed weekend. 7 weeks and 5 days until I have to spend a week in a bathing suit so this flu better go away soon, I have some serious toning to do!!
  • thirtyby40
    Where is everyone hiding? This flu is never going away so I am determined to fight through and get in some workouts anyways. I will try the elliptical tonight, my only concern is that my lungs are really full (it feels like) and tight so i am not sure I can do the cardio but I have to give it a try. I am doing well with my eating so far today and did well yesterday. If I can't handle the cardio for long I will just stick to Jillian DVD's since it is just short spurts.

Hope the rest of you are having a good week...
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I'm here. Super tired though. El was up until midnight. She's been really good, just not sleeping well. Bf is hunting until Wed. He left Fri so El has been getting mildly spoiled. She's being awesome though. No fits or anything. We're having so much fun. I just didn't want to go to sleep before her in case she decided being good is no fun.

Did great with eating though I didn't go to spin. I'm in a yucky funk and I can't seem to drag myself out of it.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Maggs ~ That musical sounds AWESOME!!!!!!! You'll have to fill me in on it ;)

The weekend came and went WAY too fast as usual... BUSY BUSY BUSY... Christmas is on it's way so I have been busy getting things ready for the holiday season =)

My teacher's aid and I made a pact yesterday that we would hold each other accountable on what we put in our mouths while at school =) LOVED IT!!!! I need it!!!!

Anyway, glad to see that the nucleus is still here... HOping we will see a lot of the gals come back with new year resolutions =)
    Happy Tuesday, girls!!!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    yes-you-can.jpg
  • kandyjo
    yes-you-can.jpg

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! We can do it! We can do it!! We can DO IT!!!!!!!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Haven't lost any weight in over a month.... :ohwell:
  • busymom74
    I weighed in today since I won't have a chance Friday. . .

:noway: :love: :love:
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    I weighed in today since I won't have a chance Friday. . .

:noway: :love: :love:

Congrats on being 5 POUNDS FROM YOUR GOAL!! :bigsmile:
  • busymom74
    THANKS! I can't even beleive it!!!
  • thirtyby40
    Awesome good for you Busymom!
  • magglett
    Good morning everyone. So how is everyone doing these days? This week has been going well so far. Was able to make healthy eating choices and stick to my exercise plans. If life would stay calm like this all the time I might not have such a challenge with my weight loss goals. :laugh:
  • busymom74
    BF came back from his FIVE DAY hunting trip and took us out to dinner yesterday. I skipped lunch and only ate HALF my dinner and I was JUST under my calories. :noway: :noway: :noway: It was sooooo good though! And so worth it! :laugh:
  • thirtyby40
    Good for you Maggs! I have been eating well but still have not been working out very hard. I did my daily weigh in this mornng when I got up and was up0.2 from last weeks weight, I pouted a bit hoping that by tomorrow it will be gone and about 2 hours later TOM arrived so we will see what tomorrow brings. 0.2 is such a little gain for me for TOM that I am thinking I must have lost...or my scale is broken :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Busymom- glad your BF is back. He sounds sweet, maybe you should make him a husband :wink: Good for you staying under your calories. I think I have blown todays already. I was eating great up until I cut the kids up some Kolbassa,then I had a few slices too :happy:
  • busymom74
    :laugh: We thought about getting married. He even proposed and I said yes. Buuuut it's just not for us. We were stressing so bad about the wedding and we both agree that if we can't have the wedding we want we're not going to get married. Then everyone starting butting in about how we HAVE to get married that we decided it seems to "say" more when we say we're NOT married but have been together for xxx years. Maybe one day- but not anytime soon. :glasses:

He is super sweet and I plan to keep him forever! :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    I was just kidding. I don't think marriage matters as long as you are committed. I actually have a marriage phobia (figure that out since I have done it twice). Forever is a choice people make every morning, alot of people get complacent after marriage and stop making the choice and just go through the motions. My first husband and I did not get married until we had been together almost nine years (and had 2 kids), I just remember thinking that calling him my BF did not seem like enough, it did not really define our relationship. We used to do the same telling how many years we were together (which was 2 years before we had kids) you could always see the question in peoples eyes "I wonder if those are both of their children or just hers?" I don't know why it bothered me but it did, which is one of the stupid reasons I finally married him so at last I could say husband and people would stop looking at me funny...Then we divorced, but people still looked at me like at least I had been married so it was okay :frown:

I hope that explains I really was kidding. I wouldn't want you to feel like I am one of those people that thinks a relationship is not valid without a marriage certificate, quite the contrary.
  • busymom74
    Oh I wasn't trying to sound that defensive! Sorry! We've been getting a lot of crud lately about not "giving El the security she needs" by not getting married and I've been repeating myself a lot. :laugh:

I totally agree that calling him my BF just doesn't seem like enough but I don't know what else to call him. :laugh: (I have been known to call him "the other one" :laugh: )

When I look around I see divorced couples or couples married who are cheating on eachother and I swear people have ruined what marriage actually means. For us- and we both agree- it means more for us to be able to say "He could have left at any point without the hassle of divorce but he's still here with me." It makes me feel more secure. Too often people say they can't leave their spouse because they don't want to go through a divorce.

People my age are married or getting married and they have no idea! I totally PLAN to keep Al forever but plans are just plans and can be changed or altered. I hear so-and-so are engaged and I cringe. WHY? If you really want to be with them forever why not wait a few years? What difference does a few years make in the forever scheme of things??

I hope I don't come off as defensive again. lol I'm just sharing my thoughts on it all.
  • thirtyby40
    I totally get where you are coming from, perhaps more than anyone you have ever met!

Well the scale is not my friend this morning. 142.2 it is that is up 0.2 from last Friday and means no loss in the past 2 weeks. :yawn:
  • magglett
    Good Morning all. This morning was my weigh in day. I'm down 2.5 lbs this week ... Woo Hoo :happy:
  • busymom74
    :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: Look at my ticker. :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:

I weighed myself three times and this was the highest weight! Al and I got into a huge fight about the things I didn't do while he was gone (take out the trash- I don't even KNOW when trash day is!, keep El in her bed- let him try to sleep with her screaming for hours on end! Keep the house spotless- which is funny because it was cleaner than it ever is with him home and other stupid shizzzzz) so I hopped on my elliptical and lost my mind. I'm logging it because I freaking earned it. So ya know- don't try to tell me it's a fluke.

Good job Magg!

Sorry momto! Maybe its just water weight! Drink a TON of water and try again.
  • busymom74
    Oh- I'm down to 129.0. 129.0! I don't ever remember being that. Obviously at one point in my life I must have been but I sure as heck don't remember it!!
  • thirtyby40
    WTG Maggs and Busymom!! Great weigh ins for both of you. Your hard work is paying off. Busymom- That is great you channeled your frustration like that, it is certainly much easier to sit down and stew so you should be very proud of that.

I forgot to mention I bought my first pair of skinny jeans last night. I also got a beautiful pair of knee high boots (I already have a couple, but none that have a rounded toe so i can wear them on the outside of my pants. My kids think I look Hot, I just hope i don't look foolish. I feel pretty good and confident in them. I will try them on for my husband after work before I commit to ripping the tags off.:laugh: :laugh:
  • magglett
    Skinny Jeans? How cool is that? Way to go. Some day I'll be there too :)

ScaleCry.jpg&t=1
  • magglett
    Hi all ... well I went above and beyond today toward my exercise for this weekend. I just completed an awesome hike. My legs feel pretty weird right now. My BFF and I just hiked a section of the Bruce Trail from Queenston Heights park to Woodend Conservation area. It took us 3 hours and according to my HRM I burned 1570 calories. Holy Moly Man ... don't think I'll be able to eat all of those exercise calories ... but I do think I earned a little something extra on my dinner dish tonight. Woo Hoo.
    girl-hiking-coloring-page.jpg
  • thirtyby40
    Great job Maggs. Sounds like a fun hike!

WEll I weighed this morning after a horrible weekend of eating (we were away) but TOM is easing off so I was down 1.6 lbs. Hopefully I can get down another 1.6 by Friday and then I will be at my goal for this week of 139. :happy:
  • kandyjo
    Wow!!!!! Amazing loses Maggs and Steph!!! 129!!!!!!! WOW!!! That is incredible!!!!! You ladies pretty much rock my world.
  • busymom74
    I'm sooo close to my goal I can feel it. I feel super skinny lately and I bought leggings! and Skinny jeans!! :love: :love:

We did our Christmas pics this weekend and :noway: There's a huge difference just from last year!!

7829_100370939987188_100000428466007_7340_5476016_n.jpg76713_170480399642908_100000428466007_460045_7748117_n.jpg
  • thirtyby40
    That is a big difference. Great Job!! Love the pics...El is a sweetie pie!!:smile::smile:
  • magglett
    I'm sooo close to my goal I can feel it. I feel super skinny lately and I bought leggings! and Skinny jeans!! :love: :love:

We did our Christmas pics this weekend and :noway: There's a huge difference just from last year!!

7829_100370939987188_100000428466007_7340_5476016_n.jpg76713_170480399642908_100000428466007_460045_7748117_n.jpg

Wow ... what a difference ... and what a cute cute family
  • busymom74
    Thanks! The Christmas before that was even worse. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.