Santa!?!?! I hate the lie!

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    lmao

My parents are still happily married, and my husband and I are still happily married. Maybe honesty has something to do with it? *shrugs*

Ew. Get over yourself, seriously.

So, because your parents were brutally honest they had a better marriage? Is it really that simple? No, it isn't. And insinuating that those of us who came from divorced and/or cheating homes were not raised with honesty, or do not recognize the importance of honesty is as insulting as it is wrong.

To the person who posed the question about Dad banging his secretary....

Been there as a kid, Got the honest story at a very young age from both parents. Not the best experience then and still repairing the damage now.
  • latewinter
    Options
    Well all im saying is if and when i decide to have kids(extremely unlikly) im telling them straight, no santa, no tooth fairy, no easter bunny etc. why should i let some fat drunk take credit for buying my kids presents lol
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Well...99% of everything we are taught in school and churches is either an outright lie or based on as Mark Twain once said "Lies, damn lies and statistics. Our peculiar and shameful western civiliization and history in particular is, was and always will be based in and on FEAR, paganism/idolatry, lies, deception, denial and greed, wars, mass murders/genocide, slavery (real or debt/wage slavery) and cruelty and every evil work known to man and everything that have been told/taught and retold and passed down as truth in the name of history is most always "dressed up as" fun, progress, safety, harmlessness and built upon materialism, greed and deception--designed to benefit the few at the mental, emotional, spiritual, financial, physical deception and robbery of the many.

That said...it's up to YOU as the mother have the blessed "choice" to purposely decide to carry on the "tradition" of lies, hypocrisy, greed, materialism and YUCK in the name of "everyone is doing it or does it", keeping up with the Joneses, and buying into the lie and selling the truth. IF you choose to not go along with the "herd", then be prepared to be scorned, ridiculed, mocked, scoffed at and rejected. Ig loving and teaching your children THE TRUTH (in holidays/holy days, history, and life in general, in the name of TRUTH...just know that you shall be a rare and courageous person. If not, you certainly will NOT be alone, as you will have the masses not only back you...but applaud you as well.

John 8:32 "and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
    Steve Jobs

Courage is grace under pressure. Ernest Hemingway

Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway. John Wayne

The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.
    Jim Hightower

How on earth did a post about a 3 yr old and the truth of Santa get turned into this?
    Good grief, people, LIGHTEN UP! :flowerforyou:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    1. So it's okay to teach your child it's okay lie?
    2. You expect your child to trust you?
    3. Why not just teach them the truth, It;s about GOD
    4. A creepy fat guy watching us all year long, then coming down our chimney eating our food and leaving. CREEPY! (and what if you don't have a chimney)
    5. It's bribery, if you were are a good parent you wouldn't need to use gifts as a way to get your child to behave all year long.
    6. I work to give my child those girts, why let some imaginary guy get the credit for my hard work and time.
    7. it's NOT the reason for the season.
    8. It's makes it all about getting gifts, instead of giving them.
    9. How do you explain to your kid that Santa was in that store, but somehow is in the very next you also?
    10. If your feeling bad about it it, maybe that's continence trying to tell you something.
    11. my lil girl doesn't believe in it and she have never gotten picked on , i have a feeling thats YOUR OWN fear, projecting into your child's life, bc just maybe they don't just "go with the flow".
    12. I would hate to be you on judgment day, trying to explain why you gave some made up guy the glory in time the was dedicated to God.
    13. it does not deprive them of anything by not telling them a LIE. it teaches them gratitude for the hard work you put into giving them gifts,
    14. how old is that guy anyway?!?!?!?
    15. you dont t3ell your child that the Disney characters are real, why would you tell them santa is real?
    i know i came off harsh, but it was all said in love.

never mind.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Simple:
    SANTA
    SATAN

same letters, just switched around

#carryon #thatisall

The Word has no mention of this being so why is he a symbol for something that is supposed to commemorate the birth of the Messiah?
    The Messiah was not even born during this time. It's Pagan traditions that point to some very evil means of celebration. Look it up.

The Word says merchants wax rich off of traditions of men.
    People pay to take photos with Santa, buy Groupons to get packages/letters from Santa. Not to mention some people go into debt, depression, and willing to rob and steal in order to afford those Christmas "gifts".

It's all about one thing: money.

SATAN, I mean SANTA all you want.
    As for me and my house, we will serve Yahueh...

But both can be used to spell:

Taans - an organization of Christian schools.
    OR a whole bunch of words relating to Hindi and Persian music like Taans and Sanat.

and you misspelled YHWH.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So my oldest is 3 and asked me about Santa and Christmas. I told him the basic crap that everyone spews and I hate myself for it! Wh does he need to believe in Santa just to have it crushed later in life? Why set them up for disappointment later in life. Am I a bad mom because I don't want to perpetuate this myth?

Thoughts please.

Grinchiest grinch that ever grinched.

'sup Grinch?
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I thought when I had kids I'd tell them the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Santa was going to be a figment of our imaginations. But I do believe in the 'idea' of Santa. I know that there are good people out there who do give lovingly and without expectations. With the help of my department, we recently adopted a family this year. They have an 18-month-old and one on the way and they're just having a hard time. We bought a travel system (stroller/carseat/carrier), a car/rocker, toys, clothes, and gift cards for the family. We didn't have to but we wanted to. We ARE that family's Santa. Next year it could be any one of us so that 'idea' of Santa is real. So what do I tell my kids? Write your list early, mommy's gotta email it to Sanata. He's got a smart phone with GPS. WTH they enjoy it and I do too. Sue me.

o<|:0)>
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    1. So it's okay to teach your child it's okay lie?
    2. You expect your child to trust you?
    3. Why not just teach them the truth, It;s about GOD
    4. A creepy fat guy watching us all year long, then coming down our chimney eating our food and leaving. CREEPY! (and what if you don't have a chimney)
    5. It's bribery, if you were are a good parent you wouldn't need to use gifts as a way to get your child to behave all year long.
    6. I work to give my child those girts, why let some imaginary guy get the credit for my hard work and time.
    7. it's NOT the reason for the season.
    8. It's makes it all about getting gifts, instead of giving them.
    9. How do you explain to your kid that Santa was in that store, but somehow is in the very next you also?
    10. If your feeling bad about it it, maybe that's continence trying to tell you something.
    11. my lil girl doesn't believe in it and she have never gotten picked on , i have a feeling thats YOUR OWN fear, projecting into your child's life, bc just maybe they don't just "go with the flow".
    12. I would hate to be you on judgment day, trying to explain why you gave some made up guy the glory in time the was dedicated to God.
    13. it does not deprive them of anything by not telling them a LIE. it teaches them gratitude for the hard work you put into giving them gifts,
    14. how old is that guy anyway?!?!?!?
    15. you dont t3ell your child that the Disney characters are real, why would you tell them santa is real?
    i know i came off harsh, but it was all said in love.

Some of those statements also work for God.

:drinker:
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    He has an active imagination and I believe it is not something that is hinged on me perpetuating a lie. Tell me how did inventions come about before tv taught us how to be creative? Sarcasm font*

Kids were allowed to believe in things like Snata Claus without being told every second that if you can't see it, it isn't real.

:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: I'll let it be.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sometimes being a good parent means lying to them.

My kids still believe. I love that Christmas is magical to them. Believing in santa doesn't mean you don’t teach them the meaning of Christmas though.
    I will never agree with that!

You are in for a tough road ahead then.

Nope, not so tough. My kids are nearly grown, and have told us that they love the fact that they can know that we will always be honest with them. I feel sorry for kids whose parents lie to them for their own convenience. Screw that.

Our teens have an open and honest relationship. Since we have always been honest with them, they are free now to be honest with us, even on tough issues like sex/drugs. Being a liar is no good for long term relationships.
    you can do what you want, but please stop insulting others who do things differently.

I have the same exact relationship with my kids, regardless of Santa. I find it so strange that you would equate that one tradition with how anyone's kids turn out.

It's not just about Santa, but about a pattern of telling lies.

You can be honest with your kids outside of the Santa myth, especially if your kids are still little. But if you continue to try to lie to them when they know better, and/or you lie about other things outside of Christmas, then you will struggle with them when they become teens.

You seem to be projecting something from your personal life onto this Santa debate.

No, just trying to open people's eyes. The OP was attacked early on. My husband and I got attacked like that too, over a fairy tale. smh
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    SANTA=
    SATAN
    same letters
    Don't be fooled!

#carryon

His name is SAINT Nicholas. Santa for short.

Saint: a person acknowledged as holy or virtuous and typically regarded as being in heaven after death.

#carlos #noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Kids can still have a lot of fun with Santa even if they know it is a game. And guess what... the "right" thing to do is DIFFERENT for each child and family.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    lmao

My parents are still happily married, and my husband and I are still happily married. Maybe honesty has something to do with it? *shrugs*

Ew. Get over yourself, seriously.

So, because your parents were brutally honest they had a better marriage? Is it really that simple? No, it isn't. And insinuating that those of us who came from divorced and/or cheating homes were not raised with honesty, or do not recognize the importance of honesty is as insulting as it is wrong.

To the person who posed the question about Dad banging his secretary....

Been there as a kid, Got the honest story at a very young age from both parents. Not the best experience then and still repairing the damage now.

That's still much better than the alternative of you believing in Santa till you were 6....
    :insertsarcasm:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I was never taught to believe Santa was real and I enjoyed every single Christmas. =) More important that they learn about the real meaning of Xmas at a young age.

LMFTFY
    1. Christmas has nothing to do with Christ. It's a pagan holiday celebrating hunting and sex. Christian Kings several hundred years ago made up the lie that it was Jesus' birthday because it was easier to get pagans to convert to Christianity by letting them keep their holiday.

2. X "fixes" nothing, as the X in "Xmas" stands for the Greek letter Chi, which is a common abbreviation for Christ.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Try telling NORAD that Santa doesn't exist. They are tracking him by GPS!!!

http://www.noradsanta.org/

It's a conspiracy I tell you!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    SANTA=
    SATAN
    same letters
    Don't be fooled!

#carryon

His name is SAINT Nicholas. Santa for short.

Saint: a person acknowledged as holy or virtuous and typically regarded as being in heaven after death.

#carlos #noteverythingisaconspiracy
    But only Catholics have saints and Catholics are evil pagans who worship idols and not real Christians.

Therefore, Santa = Satan.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Tell him the truth. My mom did, and I learned to appreciate Christmas for the family time and spirit of generosity. I'm going to do the same for mine.

So true! My kids understand and appreciate Christmas, whereas the ones that get told the Santa lie, end up believing that Christmas is all about presents.
    This is a horrible thing to say. and not true.

It's horrible to equate Christmas with giving presents. It's also horrible to lie to your loved ones because it's "entertaining" or whatever.

Christmas is about presents. Are you new?

That's too bad that people feel that way. smh

We have had Christmas at our house when my husband was in the hospital and no one got any presents. Yet, it was still Christmas. Christmas has nothing to do with presents. And thank God for that!

Why bother celebrating it at all? It's essentially meaningless.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Tell him the truth. My mom did, and I learned to appreciate Christmas for the family time and spirit of generosity. I'm going to do the same for mine.

So true! My kids understand and appreciate Christmas, whereas the ones that get told the Santa lie, end up believing that Christmas is all about presents.
    Is that so?

That has been my observations over the years. My kids are now observing the same with their classmates in high school.

Gimme, gimme, mine, mine...

LOL Just as one day of eating at Thanksgiving did not make anyone on MFP fat, one day of gift giving by Santa did not make any child self-centered and greedy. It is more in the day to day parenting that is done in homes to produce such children.

Stop it. That makes too much sense.
    I have a 19-year-old college sophomore daughter. She and her friends grew up with Santa. They are the sweetest, most giving, unselfish children I know.

Sounds like you know a lot of kids with bad parents.

Oh, I don't doubt that. TBH, much of my ranting has just be reacting to idiotic attacks on the OP. When people get like that, I give them a taste of their own medicine. They never like it. :laugh:
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, everyone take a step back and a deep breath... it's Santa! I mean Satan, no, Santa... wait...
  • Tardisspotter
    Options
    My boys are 9 and 12 and I'm still not in a hurry to remove "Santa" from their holiday. It seems like there is very little magic left in society. The joy of Christmas (the Santa part) is something our whole family enjoys. It's a way to give the boys a surprise and something to look forward to. When they are ready to be done with it then we can give it up. Santa still occasionally leaves gifts for me at my parents' house.