Do I tell her she's gaining?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You know what people always said to me when I was gaining weight? They would ask me if I had LOST weight. It didn't take me long to figure out that they were just fishing for me to say, "Oh God no, I've gained SO much!" Then they'd sheepishly tell me it didn't show, and it got awkward from there.

I agree with those who say don't tell her, because no one knows better than she does. The only real way to tell her is to get a photo of her that wakes her up. That's what did it for me. Photos can snap us out of our state of denial. Let her see it for herself.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ctalimenti wrote: »
    ctalimenti wrote: »
    It's been almost a year since the OP.... I want to know if OP told her or not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, didn't want to take the risk. She's too sensitive and would whine to the world about me. Lost interest.

Did she keep gaining?

Absolutely, probably 20 more lbs.

Wow, that's too bad.
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Seriously, she knows she's gained. If she's not ready to be honest with herself and deal with it, no amount of reminders from other people will make a difference.
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    jerbsod wrote: »
    You DO NOT want to have that conversation with a women EVER...
    NEVER EVER tell a woman she is getting well... fat

Smart man. ^^^^^^ She knows if she's gaining. Maybe offer to work out with her without mentioning her weight. And next time some one asks you to do something like this, say hell no right up front!