I thought Subway was supposed to be good for you

Options
12345679»

Replies

• WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    processed meats never = 'good' for you.

What if you were lost in the wilderness, and hadn't eaten in three days, and you stumbled upon a cabin with a refrigerator full of nothing but processed meats. Should you not eat them?

:eye roll:

I'm vegan, so the answer would be no :-)

Your conviction is strong. I would likely eat a human to survive.

^^Yep. The Donner Party wouldn't have nothing on me. Just sayin'.
  • pianochick5254
    Options

What if you were lost in the wilderness, and hadn't eaten in three days, and you stumbled upon a cabin with a refrigerator full of nothing but processed meats. Should you not eat them?

I try my hardest to be vegan but even I would eat a fridge full of cold cuts if its what I had. If I was lost in the woods in the winter, I would make traps for deer etc (I'm not a hunter, is this even possible?) anyways, of COURSE you would.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I try my hardest to be vegan but even I would eat a fridge full of cold cuts if its what I had. If I was lost in the woods in the winter, I would make traps for deer etc (I'm not a hunter, is this even possible?) anyways, of COURSE you would.

Seems like trapping deer would be slightly more difficult than trapping smaller game, but probably not impossible...

...and nowhere near as ridiculous as the earlier post that would have someone dying of hunger in a cabin w/ a fridge full of meat based on a certain diet protocol.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Seems like trapping deer would be slightly more difficult than trapping smaller game, but probably not impossible...

...and nowhere near as ridiculous as the earlier post that would have someone dying of hunger in a cabin w/ a fridge full of meat based on a certain diet protocol.

^^LOL! So true! I don't know who they think they're fooling? :laugh:
  • eugovogue
    Options
    I worked at Subway the summer before college and know first hand how the food is packaged and sent to us and how disgustingly it is prepared 'in the back"
    Anyone who actually thinks that place is healthy is deluding themselves.

I also invite any of you to check out Jim Gaffigan's stand up on Subway. Hilarious.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    and this is why I just eat at WaWa

I MISS WaWa!!!

Subway is gross!
  • geck25
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is a 6" flatbread w/ egg white, ham, American cheese, tomatoes, spinach and jalapenos, no sauce.
    320 cal. 24g protein but loads of sodium(1130mg)
    toast it and its nice and juicy and with all the protein it keeps me full for a long time
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Jimmy John's and their lettuce wrap option beats Subway any day of the week!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I think pastrami is a pretty fatty deli meat eh? Also depends on what condiments you use.

When I was younger and worked at a deli, I'd make a mean pastrami sandwich for myself during my break. I would take some pastrami, put muenster cheese on top with ions. Then I would dig a hole in a roll on the side and kind of shove the heated meat and cheese in as best as I could. Then take the mayo bottle and stick it in the roll as if I was filling up a donut :)

**** was ****ing amazing.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can almost always fit subway into my day, even when I can't fit most anything else. Black forest ham sub with no cheese ftw.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    it is ..if you make the right choices…

six inch turkey on wheat is about 350 calories….
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    it is ..if you make the right choices…

six inch turkey on wheat is about 350 calories….

Except that "low calories" <>"good for you"...

...but I'll acknowledge that given OP's post, the title should have read, "I thought Subway was supposed to be low calorie".