Single Moms, not worth dating? Do tell...

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me once that he was extremely turned on by the fact that I had never had kids and that my lady parts are still "in tact" for better sex. We don't talk anymore. :noway:

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    She didn't have a job and lived entirely off of the child support from her exes. And the guys interested in her were pretty quality men, too.

To avoid going on a rage and posting what I think of a woman (and I use that term loosely as an accurate descriptor would just be blocked by the forum censors anyway) that will live of money supplied by her ex and meant for her kids, I will just some it up by saying SHE is what is wrong with the way child support is set up.

My jimmies status: rustled
    Part of supporting your kids is making sure they are well taken care of and sometimes the best way to do that is for Mom to be home with them, regardless of the circumstances.

Agreed!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me once that he was extremely turned on by the fact that I had never had kids and that my lady parts are still "in tact" for better sex. We don't talk anymore. :noway:

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
    LMAO

I wish I could find the link, but I'm wondering if he was the guy who posted the ad or whatever it was with about a million very specific things a woman needed to do and be in order to date him. They were insane, but that was actually one of them.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    She didn't have a job and lived entirely off of the child support from her exes. And the guys interested in her were pretty quality men, too.

To avoid going on a rage and posting what I think of a woman (and I use that term loosely as an accurate descriptor would just be blocked by the forum censors anyway) that will live of money supplied by her ex and meant for her kids, I will just some it up by saying SHE is what is wrong with the way child support is set up.

In her defense, I will say that her kids were preschool aged at the time I was clsoe to her and she didn't have an education or real skills, so any job she got would have paid probably less than daycare would have cost. Part of supporting your kids is making sure they are well taken care of and sometimes the best way to do that is for Mom to be home with them, regardless of the circumstances.

But on top of child support the father should be paying a portion of daycare costs, meaning working and only paying a fraction of the daycare costs would be worth while and show you are not living off of the father's payments for the child, otherwise you are taking money meant for them.. In other words if the fathers made 3 times what she does they would be paying 75% of the daycare costs in addition to child support (that is how it works in Canada anyway)
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Single moms are HOT and AWESOME! You always find IDIOTS on here! I wouldn't let it bother you!
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose dating a woman with a kid vs a woman without a kid and they both had the same personality and looks I'd choose the woman with out a kid easily. it's just that it's something added additionally to the relationship which you want it be or not. If it's a long term relationship that kid is going to look at you as an important adult figure in their life eventually. So I guess shame on the man for not wanting such a possible responsibility? The woman may have every attention for that possible long term BF not become daddy, but that's up to the relationship the kid possibly makes with the moms bf.

Some of us don't want kids, believe it or not, getting in a relationship where a kid is already present kind of breaks that. Your kid(s) could be awesome and so could you, but some guys don't wanna go down that road.
  • rml_16
    Options

In her defense, I will say that her kids were preschool aged at the time I was clsoe to her and she didn't have an education or real skills, so any job she got would have paid probably less than daycare would have cost. Part of supporting your kids is making sure they are well taken care of and sometimes the best way to do that is for Mom to be home with them, regardless of the circumstances.

But on top of child support the father should be paying a portion of daycare costs, meaning working and only paying a fraction of the daycare costs would be worth while and show they are trying to make a "better life". In other words if the fathers made 3 times what she does they would be paying 75% of the daycare costs in addition to child support (that is how it works in Canada anyway)
    That isn't how it works in at least most US states. They might have to pay health care costs and stuff like that, but the child support itself is pretty much supposed to covere food, shelter, clothing and child care costs. Or at least a portion.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm also a single mom and have not had any issues with dating. Maybe try dating dads? That way, they are also parents and also understand what it takes to be a parent.

^This

I was raised by a single mother and became a single dad 15 years ago and I finished raising my two kids alone. I think single mothers that are still friends with their ex make more sense. Not a fan of the jealous crazy ex.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
    LMAO

I wish I could find the link, but I'm wondering if he was the guy who posted the ad or whatever it was with about a million very specific things a woman needed to do and be in order to date him. They were insane, but that was actually one of them.

That's hilarious. I have never had a guy say that to me before, and I was thinking WTF? :laugh:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the comments. But, I just want to say this. I would try not to worry about the people that say those things. Some people don't like kids, some people don't like mothers, some people don't want to date someone that has kids whether they like kids or mothers or not. And that's ok. You don't want to date any of those people anyway. So, they are vocal about it, they weed themselves out, they don't waist your time or energy (or your children's emotions). Find the right person for you and your child. And when you are a single mom you need to be very careful and cautious who you date. Don't introduce your kids to every date, not until it is serious for you and exclusive, and you know they are worthy of meeting your child. Dating is for you, not your kids. So, it's fine to go out on dates, but not introduce your children to them.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
    LMAO

That's hilarious. I have never had a guy say that to me before, and I was thinking WTF? :laugh:

OMG, too funny!! I had 2 C-Sections.........so how do I fit in.........am I "in tact"?
  • rml_16
    Options

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
    LMAO

OMG, too funny!! I had 2 C-Sections.........so how do I fit in.........am I "in tact"?
    I'm pretty sure the guy from the ad (probably not the same guy) also didn't want your bely stretched out or any stretch marks or scars, so you don't qualify. Sorry. I know you're heartbroken.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    Been seeing a lot of these kinds of comments in the forums lately. Frankly as a single mom with her *kitten* together I find this offensive as hell...

No worth having a relationship with a single mom because:

a) She's clearly just looking for a meal ticket?
    b) just wants a new daddy for the kids
    c) The kids are a pain
    d) She will have too much drama and not enough time for you?

Have seen comments along those lines... Is this seriously the prevailing school of thought? Genuinely interested to hear your responses.

I've really only seen c, but I would run far away from someone who isn't a quality person and was looking for a or b.

I can understand not wanting to date someone with kids if you are not in the same position, from either side. Especially if you are still young. It's a lot of responsibility to take on if you are not at a point where you are already raising your own kids and not ready to have children of your own.

And because I need some sarcasm to balance out my serious answer....

422_459_Letsstartanewsave...ifyouknowwhatImean.jpg
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
    LMAO

Single Mom's I have been with seemed "fully intact" to me.
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mother. I do not get offended if a man doesn't want to date me because he doesn't want kids, doesn't want to deal with the baggage of my having a kid, doesn't want to fall into a step-father role or doesn't want to deal with my ex (who is a great and very present father)...That just means they are not the man for me.

I understand that dating a woman with a child is an undertaking. If it gets serious, it involves not just navigating one relationship, but a relationship with the child, and depending on the situation means navigating one with the child's father. It means taking a backseat to the needs of the child. It's not an easy situation, and I do not think less of a man for realizing he is not prepared or interested in dealing with these factors.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
    LMAO

i believe among the crazy stipulations was that they must not have had sex with someone of another race at any point? i wanted to rip that guy's throat out.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I love single moms, if I could just find one to date
  • rml_16
    Options

Did he live in Texas?

Yes he did!
    Found it: http://jezebel.com/delusional-man-child-has-most-incredible-list-of-dating-1382052948

I am looking for a decent girl that wants to be in a long term monogamus relationship with me.

I want the girl to be attractive.

I like girls that are thin, or with a toned or athletic build. A average build is fine too, just as long as you are not over weight. I will not date a overweight or fat girl.

I like girls that are 130 pounds or less. Of course weight needs to be in proportion to their height, as long as they aren’t considred overweight, they should be fine.

Being overweight is a total dealbreaker with me.

I also like girls with long hair. I like a girl to look like a girl, not a man, I like a feminine, pretty girl. I like hair down to the shoulders at least. Sometimes I can make exceptions if it is shorter depending on how it looks on the girl. But for the most part, I love long hair.

Redheads are my favorite, next is Brunettes, and next is Blondes, in that order. I like all 3, but I’m just saying if I had to choose, that’s my order of preference.

I will not date a Black girl. I don’t care if she looks like Halle Berry, I will not ever date a Black girl.

However, I will date any other race, Hispanic, Mexican, Spanish, Russian, Italian, French, European, White, whatever, anything except Black.

I do not like glasses on a girl. Although, it’s not a dealbreaker, as long as she can wear contacts at least most of the time.

I do not ever want to have kids, so if a girl is wanting to have babies, I am not her man.

I will not date a girl that does not have a job or career.

I am not looking for any type of woman that is materialistic or a gold digger or expects a man to pay for everything.

I do not like tattoos on a woman. If a woman already has tattoos, it may not be a deal breaker unless she plans to get more in the future. If a woman has something small and feminine like a butterfly or rose already on her ankle or something then it may not necessacerily be a dealbreaker. And it would also help if she would consider having them laser removed, something I might would even pay to have done for her.

To me, tattoos just represent white trash or somone that’s been in prison. I do not care for following trends like mindless sheep and getting tats just because what ever Star on TV got them, they will always be a symbol of White Trash. The Female human body is the most beautiful work of Art God ever created, to tattoo it with ink is the same as vandalising a famous Monet painting with a can of spray paint!

I also do not like piercings on a woman. I do not like a woman to have anything pireced other than her Ears. If she has other piercings it’s not a dealbreaker as long as she removes them and never wears them again.

I do not like gamblers. I will not be in any relationship with a woman that gambles or wastes money on such things.

I do not like strippers! I will not date any girl that has ever been a stripper. I believe that the only person that should ever see a womans naked body is only her boyfriend or husband.

I will not date any girl that has ever had a threesome, or a large number of past sexual partners. I do not want a promiscuous slut, I want a normal, decent, good hearted girlfriend.

I will not date any girl that can not always be honest & faithful to me. This is very important.

I prefer a girl that does not smoke, but as long as she does not smoke in my house or around me, if she can go outside and smoke, then I can live with that. I lived with my ex girlfriend for Eleven years, and she was a smoker.

I will not date any girl if she is still friends with any men that she has been intimate with in the past, I believe once a relationship with someone is over, it’s OVER.

I will not date a selfish woman. I do not like selfish women at all.

I do not like sarcastic or cynical people, I do not like people that always think negatively either, so that type of girl would also not be a good match for me.

I know sometimes on my website here, I may seem like a negative person because I point out sooooo many things that I dislike, but I assure you I am a very positive person, I am just tring to put out here my likes/dislikes so you can know more about me and what type of girl may get along with me.

I do not expect a girl to agree with all of my beliefs or opinions etc, but I do not like to argue, and it’s very important that we can live in peace together if at some point the girl & I live together. I like to live in a quiet & peaceful environment. That is extremely important to me.

I like a girl that dresses on the conservative side. Not like a slut, and not anything weird. Just normal is fine. T-Shirt & Jeans are OK. But a girl in a dress really gets my heart racing! I also love it when a girl wears a mini skirt with boots, not cowboy boots, but sexy boots. Or high heels, I love spiked high heels!

I like a girl that takes care of herself and keeps herself clean of course.

I love it when a girl wears sexy lingerie in the bedroom! Especially thigh highs!

I need a girl that can be very warm & affectionate and loving.

It’s also nice if the girl has a big heart and appreciates simples things, and understands the value of sentimental things etc.

I like a girl that appreciates romance and the art of courtship.

Kissing is one of my most favorite things to do with a girl, it’s very important. I also love to hold a girls hand when I am walking with her. And I love sleeping beside a girl and holding her close to me, and spooning with her. In fact THAT is the reason I named this website “Sleepless In Austin” because I haven’t had a single good nights sleep in years, ever since my relationship ended with my ex-girlfriend.

And yes, I also liked the movie Sleepless in Seattle, haha :-D

It dosen’t matter at all to me how big or small a girls breasts are. I prefer them to be real & natural though. I am against breast implants, I see that as unnecessery self mutilation, and I would not want a girlfriend that has breast implants.

I prefer a woman that has never had children, because having kids does ruin a womans body often times. They end up with stretch marks. And also sometimes it makes their vagina looser, and I don’t care how many kegel exercises a woman does, after she has 2 or 3 eight to ten pound babies, you can’t tell me it’s going to be 100% as tight as it ever was! Plus, what’s even worse than all of that, is sometimes during childbirth the lips/vulva of a woman get torn and they never look the same as the did originally even after they heal, that’s why some women even get cosmetic reconstructive surgery to their vulvas after childbirth to try and regain their original appearance.

Now I’m not saying having had a kid or two is a for sure dealbreaker for me, but it’s a case by case basis, and I prefer a woman that’s never had kids if possible. My ex-girlfriend that I was with for Eleven years never had kids, she couldn’t because of a hysterectomy at a young age.

I like to get a lot of attention in a relationship, and I like to give it as well.

I also have a very high sex drive.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom and I have only had a situation like that one time and he was an *kitten* anyway so I definitely didn't want him around my kids. I have run into situations where some men are thinking " whoa she is a single mom so maybe she wouldn't mind another "child" to feed and take care of, while I sit around a play video games and not work! " lol
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    I dated a man with two kids. If I were single I wouldn't date a person with kids again, the reason for that is because I became attached, and when we broke up, I was beyond devastated, even a year down the road I found myself breaking down when I found one of their stuffed toys in my trunk as I was cleaning it out. Also, dealing with the ex WAS a huge pain, she loved to create drama. It's hard to date a person with kids, and then it's like, if the kids don't like you or won't listen to you, then it puts a lot of strain on the relationship. IMO. I don't think a lot of men want to handle situations like that.