Do I look better curvy or slim? (pics)

Options

Replies

• lalala541
    Options
    You look A LOT better in the 1st picture in my opinion (nice and slender).

Not to be rude, but it looks like you have some lower-belly pouch in the second picture. Your body also looks more disproportionate at a highter weight. You appear to be bottom-heavy (I am the same). Not saying you look fat, just average as opposed to slim.

Ignore the women saying you look like a 13 year old at a lower weight, they are probably just jealous/bitter.

Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights).

Strong first post.

So what, I am not entitled to an opinon because this is my first post? Please...

I don't know. Maybe you're just jealous of OP's body in the second shot, and are trying to sabotage her sense of self-perception?

...See how bizarre assumptions look?

Most people on here tend to be a lot more supportive to women of heavier weights than to thin ones, hence MY assumption.

If I had a penny for everytime someone (on these forums) told a thin woman she looks like a 13 year old...

Odd comment for someone how has just joined.

Catfish?

I lurked for some time before I decided to join and share my opinion on things (I can have one too, you know).
    I don't understand what you mean by "catfish", sorry.

Oh I'm sure you can google it.

And of course you can have an opinion. Just as I can have the opinion that your option that we are all haters and jealous of people as laughable nonsense.

I am not a native English speaker.
    Ok, keep your opinion and let me have mine. I am here to answer the OPs question.
  • law_of_inertia
    Options
    Can I say I like the first picture without being attacked?

Sadly, no.

There were plenty of other people prior to you who voiced the fact that they liked the first picture better, and absolutely no one took any issue with their posts. They took issue with yours because of the extremely abrasive and critical way you worded yourself (" I don't see how fatter legs make her more womanly"). Bear in mind that what you said could be taken very, very negatively by people who aren't completely immune to judgmental comments.

You claim you "didn't mean to be rude", but I saw absolutely nothing but rudeness in the way you blatantly told you you find her "much more attractive" when she was obsessively dieting and basically implied that she looked disproportionate with fat legs.
  • lalala541
    Options

Not to be rude, but it looks like you have some lower-belly pouch in the second picture. Your body also looks more disproportionate at a highter weight. You appear to be bottom-heavy (I am the same). Not saying you look fat, just average as opposed to slim.

Ignore the women saying you look like a 13 year old at a lower weight, they are probably just jealous/bitter.

Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights).

Strong first post.

So what, I am not entitled to an opinon because this is my first post? Please...

I don't know. Maybe you're just jealous of OP's body in the second shot, and are trying to sabotage her sense of self-perception?

Most people on here tend to be a lot more supportive to women of heavier weights than to thin ones, hence MY assumption.

If I had a penny for everytime someone (on these forums) told a thin woman she looks like a 13 year old...

uh, you'd have some pennies? Do I win a prize? Ok my turn, Brian has three apples and Lucy has a Big Mac, how long does it take the train to travel 50 miles?

Don't try so hard...

Nope, thats not it. Sorry. But here, here's a bag of . you seem to go through a lot of those.

What's the matter with you? What you are saying doesn't even make sense. Don't you have anything better to do with your time than attack me for no reason?

Oh really. No reason :huh: And I suppose you calling everyone who pick picture 2 jealous and bitter wasn't an attack? If you can't take people calling you out don't be rude in the first place.

Saying she looks like a 13 year old in the first picture is what i consider an attack.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    What's the matter with you? What you are saying doesn't even make sense. Don't you have anything better to do with your time than attack me for no reason?

Obviously not.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

Catfish?

I lurked for some time before I decided to join and share my opinion on things (I can have one too, you know).

And of course you can have an opinion. Just as I can have the opinion that your option that we are all haters and jealous of people as laughable nonsense.

Ok, keep your opinion and let me have mine. I am here to answer the OPs question, not to argue with dummies.

Oh.

*send all the dummies home*

Lack of fluency is not your issue.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

Catfish?

Ok, keep your opinion and let me have mine. I am here to answer the OPs question, not to argue with dummies.

Wow you just get more and more polite with each post. :noway:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

uh, you'd have some pennies? Do I win a prize? Ok my turn, Brian has three apples and Lucy has a Big Mac, how long does it take the train to travel 50 miles?

Don't try so hard...

Nope, thats not it. Sorry. But here, here's a bag of . you seem to go through a lot of those.

Oh really. No reason :huh: And I suppose you calling everyone who pick picture 2 jealous and bitter wasn't an attack? If you can't take people calling you out don't be rude in the first place.

Saying she looks like a 13 year old in the first picture is what i consider an attack.

Yeah, agreed, that's a poor comment. Many of us engaging with you preach against those comments, as well... but you seem to be grouping EVERYONE who preferred the second picture as some sort of "fat jealous person." That's an odd brush to paint everyone with, don't you think?
  • Mollypol
    Mollypol Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think the question should be, which makes you happiest.... . You look great in both pictures to be honest!
  • lalala541
    Options

Strong first post.

Don't try so hard...

Yeah, agreed, that's a poor comment. Many of us engaging with you preach against those comments, as well... but you seem to be grouping EVERYONE who preferred the second picture as some sort of "fat jealous person." That's an odd brush to paint everyone with, don't you think?

This is what I wrote.

I didn't say that the women who preferred the 2nd picture are jealous.

Where's your logic now, everyone?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Can I say I like the first picture without being attacked?

Sure.

I like the first picture too and still think lalala is full of it. The opinions aren't mutually exclusive and the first opinion is nothing to be attacked over.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

Strong first post.

Don't try so hard...

What I find funny about the 'look like a 13 year old' comment in general is I sure didn't look like that at 13 and these days, a lot of thirteen year olds don't. Plus it implies the person in question doesn't look like 'a woman' huge big ole' can of worms there. But I don't think the commentary is motivated by anything other then preference, contrary to what was implied (not by you by lalala).

It's so weird, the whole 'jealous and bitter' thing and it's application. I prefer the second but that doesn't mean I'm going to go break some thin girls knees or something. It's personal preference and the commentary was solicited.

edited for wine typos
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

Don't try so hard...

This is what I wrote.

You did say that people here tend to have higher bmis and are biased, did you not? And that the aforementioned bias leads them to tell women they look better heavier? Implying that because of their high BMI they want skinny women to also be heavier?

Logic, it's still here.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Strong first post.

Don't try so hard...

This is what I wrote.

Er, "Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights)."?

I mean, I'm engaging you with because I'm waiting for the IT guy to fix something at work, so don't get me wrong, I am fully aware that you have some weird purpose on these forums... but seriously, seriously, seriously.

People promoting healthy weight loss? They must be sabotaging someone's success.
    People preferring a certain body type? They must be overweight and have a bias because they're fat.

Really, lala?
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    What the two lovely ladies above me said :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    You also said:

"Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights). "

So there's the assumption that the originators of the '13' commentaries are jealous and bitter and then there's you know, us defensive fatties.

My logic is right here. But it's being wasted, I'm afraid.
  • lalala541
    Options
    You also said:

"Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights). "

So there's the assumption that the originators of the '13' commentaries are jealous and bitter and then there's you know, us defensive fatties.

There's no logic for this assumption. Those were two different sentences. And yes, I believe that a lot of people on here have a distorted view of what look healthy, sorry.

Waiting for the second round of attack (not because I enjoy it but because I know there WILL be a second one...).
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    you have this user on ignore

I suggest everyone else do the same for this obviously bored trolling catfish.
  • lalala541
    Options

I am not trolling. I am just not one of those people who sugarcoat everything.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

Well there you go being all sensible, besides it's stops being fun when they make it more and more obvious. Plus the wine is downstairs.
  • law_of_inertia
    Options
    You also said:

There's no logic for this assumption. Those were two different sentences. And yes, I believe that a lot of people on here have a distorted view of what look healthy, sorry.

Waiting for the second round of attack (not because I enjoy it but because I know there WILL be a second one...).

I don't see how she doesn't look "healthy" in the second picture. Her body fat is obviously not high.