Did anyone weigh themselves the day after christmas day?

Options

Replies

• 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I completely lost my mind this week. Been eating like crap since Monday. gained 9 pounds since Monday weigh in. Hopefully it's all glycogen and water :| I've been eating almost 4000 calories per day for the past 3 days. urgh. back to the grind today.....
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yep, up 3 pounds. That's over 3 days of eating whatever I wanted and I also did keep up with exercising except yesterday, just didn't have time. :bigsmile:
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I actually spent the last few days at elevation, skiing. No matter how much I ate, I burned so much more and had low nets for the day. Today up 3.8 pounds. I'm thinking water retention/muscle recovery, because there is NO WAY I gained almost 4 pounds burning 4000 cals a day and netting way less than that. (please I know daily low nets aren't the best, however it is not a daily thing, and was not done intentionally to lose. Was just having fun above the clouds and in the snow!)
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I was up 1.5lbs and very upset this morning. Everyone here's responses have helped me get a little perspective :)
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep, and up 2.2 lbs. Considering I had a bottle of wine and salted my ham, some of it is water retention, some is food weight, and some might be a gain. I'll be back on track in January, so I'm not too concerned.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself and was happy to find I weigh the same as I did at the beginning of the week. No gain, no loss - which was my goal for this week.
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, up about 6 pounds. Worked out and it went down about 3 pounds after. I figure I will lose the rest between now and January.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I did! Up 2 lbs since my last weigh in on December 15th. I haven't been exercising as much and have been eating meals consisting only of cookies and chocolate multiple times over the last week and a half since I last weighed in, however. Not to shabby!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    no why would i do that? I only weigh myself once a week
    no matter what the scale says I will lose the rest of the weight in the new year & I am not going to worry about it
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Remember 3500 cals is roughly equal to 1 lb. So unless you ate 10,500 cals OVER maintenance in the last couple days, those "3 extra lbs" you gained are prolly just sodium and general fluctuation...

I weigh in everyday, and even though I know everything in the above quote, why doesn't the scale ever have "general fluctuation" DOWN?????

I was up 1.5 pounds today, could have been worse.

ETA: BUT, looking at my history over "the holidays" counting from Halloween, I am down 4.5 pounds.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday all year long :)

This is what I do .. I never let any number scare me.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I did. Up 4 lbs. but that wasn't just from Christmas day, more like a December hiatus. Just really needed to know what I was working with so i could start back up honestly.
  • tattoofatty
    tattoofatty Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Im debating. I know i gained I can feel it!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

29mvwjd.jpg

cant get this image to work!! Booooooo

IMG code should be img

Thank you so much!!!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday all year long :)

This is what I do .. I never let any number scare me.

Well, I was pretty freaked out by my number this morning. :huh: Yesterday, my scale read "error, error, error, error." Today, I'm surprised it didn't start smoking when I stepped on it.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I only had one bad day but I'm gonna wait till New Year's day to weigh in.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Did anyone weigh themselves today after Christmas ? or are you waiting until January?
    Was I the only weird on to do this ? lol
    How much did you gain if you did?

I just wanted to weigh myself right after Christmas so I know how much I've gained so I don't wait til January an it was my way of avoiding counting the calories . I'm still enjoying the Christmas food , only gained 1.5 lbs or 2lbs including xmas eve.

Yes. My usual weigh in day is a Thursday and that was Boxing Day this year.
    No.
    Gained.....too much. A couple of kg but as I had spent ages getting them off, it is pretty annoying!

Even worse, I haven't been enjoying christmas food (no roast, no christmas puddings etc) just been drinking all the christmas wiiiiiine. :/
  • wanttobeskinny1212
    Options
    yeah, gained 4lbs including xmas eve. :(
    I find I lose it really quick though as its mostly food weight and water retention
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weighed myself today.. up 2 pounds to 154 ugh...
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Up 2.6 lbs from the beginning of the week. I overate a ton, but even still, I imagine no more than 1lb of that is real weight. Lots of water today :)
  • DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    I did. I didn't count calories yesterday just cause I forgot but I didn't eat a lot more than usual yesterday.

Still I was down a pound this morning