Beware the uninformed

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    The point of the OP is lost on me. TL;DR = don't believe everything you read?
    My best guess: tl;dr = "I'm an expert, listen to me and not those other people, and eventually buy what I'm secretly selling."
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Good lord, I'm surrounded by ignorance.

feel like you're in a funhouse mirror room?

sorry, but I read the other threads. People disagreed with you but for the most part were tame compared to some of the other stuff I've seen.

for every study you read, you can find three that disagree in some form. (I totally made those stats up).

If the professionals, cannot agree. Then the non-professionals will never get it right. Study is good. Personal experiences are good. Take it all with a grain of salt and figure it out yourself.

I'm sure you have done a ton of research, and that is great... but if you can now deliver it with a grain of humility, that'd be even more awesome. :)

:flowerforyou:

oh... and I work in IT... but I know nothing about server maintenance and backup. Just because I work in an industry, and have studied technical details (and excelled at them) does not mean I understand all things IT.

Hey, when I put you up on a pedestal, I expect you to stay up there!

hehe :heart: :flowerforyou:

I'd rather be off the pedestal partying with you than be up there where people kick at my legs and try to knock me off. Pedestals - whether they are self appointed, or peer appointed, are very precarious places to hang out!

;)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

That'll make you friends.

ETA: Chelle, here's another one to add to the bingo card "Insults everyone else for disagreeing"

I think I'll call that "it's not me, it's literally everyone else."

Wonder if that was a flounce. I love a good flounce.
  • GGDaddy
    GGDaddy Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Then stop standing in front of the three way mirror.

BoomJonStewart.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I'd rather be off the pedestal partying with you than be up there where people kick at my legs and try to knock me off. Pedestals - whether they are self appointed, or peer appointed, are very precarious places to hang out!

;)

But, when you're up on the pedestal, it's easier to look up your skirt.

:love:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

;)

^ Fair point! But I'd still party with Mirey any day of the week. I suppose we can let you be a mere human being instead of a fitness Goddess for a while. :wink:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Funny thing is, pretty sure that's what more than a few people thought while reading your other posts, so it's all good :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

;)

^ Fair point! But I'd still party with Mirey any day of the week. I suppose we can let you be a mere human being instead of a fitness Goddess for a while. :wink:

i'm 6'1"... I'm so freaking tall you could probably achieve that without a pedestal. LOL

me? fitness goddess? Nah, I'm a profile pic with a bunch of writing. :)
    Currently frumped out, working from home in jammies. LOL

but yes! LET'S PARTY!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    At this point I find myself wondering why any of you are even on this website. Obviously it's not to support or help anyone; it's just to find ways to pick people apart and make them feel small, even if they are just trying to express themselves. It's a sad first world we live in when the Internet gives us the means to reach out anonymously and hurt other people without discretion. I try to do what I can to help people who are asking for good advice; it's up to them who they believe and what they do. I happen to have a an extensive field of knowledge in this area, which is why I feel secure in offering advice to those who are asking for it. I don't go on computer websites and tell people which computers are best and how to fix them, because I don't have knowledge or experience in that area.

I think most of you should be ashamed of yourselves for taking the low road on this particular feed. You should be using this forum as a way to empower yourselves by helping others, and you've decided to use it as a way to belittle other instead. I imagine most of you won't read this whole post, but rather will pick apart the first couple of sentences without (again) taking the time to glean all the information in it. Continue to say what you want; I won't be posting on this feed again.
  • MyIdaho54
    MyIdaho54 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If people just listened to me, there wouldn't be a problem.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Okay, you got it! The kick boxing was the key, man, you'd take me out othewise! :laugh:
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I had an "expert" tell me once that I should push through my knee pain and eventually it would stop hurting, a torn miniscus later I realized he was full of it.

I live by advice my Dad gave me a long time ago: believe none of what you hear and only half of what you read. Never believe anything the first time, RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. If one person says something it's their opinion, two people say it then it's a consensus, three people it's most likely fact. That's how I treat everything I learn.

10613010.png
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm here for cat gifs, cleavage shots, and snark. Anyone else interested in the same? If so let's be friends and support each other on this sarcasm filled journey!

No naturally skinny people though, I can only relate to my fellow fatties.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Continue to say what you want; I won't be posting on this feed again.

Well, okay then.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm here for cat gifs, cleavage shots, and snark. Anyone else interested in the same? If so let's be friends and support each other on this sarcasm filled journey!

There+is+no+need+to+be+upset.+What+did+Zelda_46704f_4698842.gif

How about a gaming gif? :P
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    At this point I find myself wondering why any of you are even on this website. Obviously it's not to support or help anyone; it's just to find ways to pick people apart and make them feel small, even if they are just trying to express themselves. It's a sad first world we live in when the Internet gives us the means to reach out anonymously and hurt other people without discretion. I try to do what I can to help people who are asking for good advice; it's up to them who they believe and what they do. I happen to have a an extensive field of knowledge in this area, which is why I feel secure in offering advice to those who are asking for it. I don't go on computer websites and tell people which computers are best and how to fix them, because I don't have knowledge or experience in that area.

I think most of you should be ashamed of yourselves for taking the low road on this particular feed. You should be using this forum as a way to empower yourselves by helping others, and you've decided to use it as a way to belittle other instead. I imagine most of you won't read this whole post, but rather will pick apart the first couple of sentences without (again) taking the time to glean all the information in it. Continue to say what you want; I won't be posting on this feed again.

tl;dr - Flounce.

funny-pictures-mythbuster-cat.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options

hitting all the above except cleavage...

come-at-me-bro-cat.gif
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    In to be informed by a random Internet stranger claiming to be a medical professional.

And, while we're all taking the OP's health advice, I'm a financial advisor and if you send me your savings I'll double or triple it. You can trust me, random internet strangers never lie.

Pretty sure I never told anyone to take my advice. I've only offered it to those who have asked for help, I posted this OP based on being personally attacked about the information I was giving to someone else.

Oh, it's an Agenda Thread!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Pro tip:

TL/DR: Just because you have a fancy title, doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

My medical title has absolutely nothing to do with fitness and nutrition.

But OP, you then say

I happen to have a an extensive field of knowledge in this area, which is why I feel secure in offering advice to those who are asking for it. 
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

You started a thread taking a massive swing at the community here. You expected hugs and high-fives?

Also, from what I've read about your understanding of nutrition, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.

There's nothing to pick apart. There's no substance. Just a bunch of anger.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

you made a vague, but blanket accusatory post against the membership of this site in your OP.

did you really think this thread would go any other way than it did?

i still don't know if you're on the side of derp or anti-derp, so i'll have an open mind toward whatever your post on here until i figure out where you stand.

but perhaps in the future you shouldn't start threads to rant against all of the nameless people for unspoken reasons.