INSANE chicks!!!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I am an Insane chick...I get up and do Insanity every morning @ 6:00am. I just started my 2nd round. I was never a cardio kind of gal, I hate (can't) run, :grumble: can't breathe when I run, and breathing is important. I know it is just a mental thing, I just find running so boring, lol I keep trying to do it, but FAIL!!

This morning was my recovery day. I did MAX recovery, let me tell you, Shaun T's idea of recovery and my idea of recovery are sooooo totally different!! :laugh: My legs were shaking when he was doing the quad exercises and lifting the heel. It was a tough workout.

Tomorrow I am going to do Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Of all the first month DVD's i find that one to be the toughest. So I will be loving life at work tomorrow!! :sad:

i just hate that he considers Core Cardio & Balance a recovery workout. The NERVE of him!!!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Here's my progress so far =)

frontchange.jpg
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    OMG you look sooo great! All your hard work is def paying off. Keep it up. You ROCK!
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Here's my progress so far =)

frontchange.jpg

Yowza!!!! I will make sure to keep at it!!! You look AWESOME!!! Make sure you reward yourself for that :flowerforyou:
  • Cina04
    Options
    Oh I have! lol I had two very small shopping days. There was a buy one get one free shorts sale, so a I two pairs in size 11/12. Than the other day there was a 13.99 jean sale so a got a pair in size 11 =)

It's when I'm done with round 1 I'm suppose to go shopping but some sales I can't pass up! LOL
  • edorice
    Options
    Way to go cina. Hate him or love him, Shaun gets working on that mid-section. Good job!!!
  • Cina04
    Options
    So today I'm trying my workout w/ a chest strap - my husband wanted one so badly so with my Bingo winnings (won 600.00 last weekend), I gave him the money. He only used it once because it was confusing and we couldn't return it because doesn't save the packaging stuff. I was upset about it cause that's money I could of used towards me like for example clothes!!! LOL

Anyways I'm figuring this watch out...It tells you so much info and you have to press so many buttons. When all I want to do is know my cals burn in x amounts of mins and learn how to rest everything back to zero.

Today I have to do max cardio and cardio abs. Last week I burned 678 cals based on my press the button HRM. So today I'm nervous....thinking with the chest strap it'll be more accurate (this HRM also has any touch). I nevours to find out that I may have been burning less cals and I would also "hate" to know I've been burning more lol

Oh Do you guys follow the cal intake from work the book says or this site. Based on the book for weight loss based on my age, height, and weight. I should consumes 2130cals (I'm guessing you don't eat back your exercise cals) on this site my daily intake is 1200 and with exercise it is usually 1600 - 2000 (base don what type of exercise i did that day
  • edorice
    Options
    You should eat some of your calories burned. You're going to be burning 600 to 900 calories on Insanity. This is day 61 for me and I ate too little. I was doing 1500 calories and I should have been doing 1700 - 1900 calories. I haven't lost any weight during Insanity. So DON'T let your weight loss stall. Get a good protein shake to supplement calories. I take BSN Syntha - 6 and their flavors are great. The choc/peanut butter is awesome.
  • Cina04
    Options
    I do eat half or most of my cals - for right now I'm going off of what this site goes by.

Just trying to figure out the calculation from the book if I eat the 2130 cal plus 600 - 900 (exercise cals) on top of that.
    I tried setting my lifestyle at light active since I am a SAHM but I didn't lose weight at all just gain. So when I knocked it down while eating my exercise cals that is when I started losing!

Round 2 I might go by the daily intake based on the insanity calculations and see how that goes.
  • Cina04
    Options
    oh and I take Syntha - 6 too!! =)

I was scared that I wouldn't like it but my husband said it taste good and it's the type lost of the soldiers in Iraq use. I also use N.O Xplode.

We are thinking about getting Cell Mass for the post workout. I like to use my Syntha 6 for a meal (i just add milk instead to keep me full longer)
  • edorice
    Options
    Yeah we were using Cell Mass, but Syntha - 6 has less carbs. Use 1% milk or fat free if you mix with milk. I think I will get the Dessert for the evening, I think it is 150 calories and even lower in carbs.

Yeah, month 2 you definitely want to have those calories up. What do you use NO Explode for? Pre-workout?
  • Cina04
    Options
    Yes. My husband convinced me to try it because normally when I do Insanity especially when I have to do it at 6am I'm just drained for the rest of the day.

This mix helps my performance! I also don't feel dead tired after I'm done. Last night I had the energy to clean the kitchen! lol

Def don't take it late evening - did that the first night because i had to workout at 8pm - couldn't sleep lol. My husband usually has cofee in the morning but not no more lol
  • edorice
    Options
    That's cool that it's working for you. I just checked it out on www.bodybuilding.com. I see that it's by BSN as well. My husband used to take it, but we switched to Fuzion. You guys must have the big red jugs all over the kitchen. LoL
  • Cina04
    Options
    LOL yeah 3 of them lol. Although my husband is half way through his syntha -6 and mine looks like I hardly touch it!

GNC on post is cheaper than other GNC's and with the gold card membership benefits we can use it anytime of the month =).
  • krystallynne
    Options
    Hey! I just joined MFP. Im currently on Day 5 of my insanity program. I am doing a hybrid with insanity and body combat, but I think I am going to do 2 a days on my body combat days. I find myself missing insanity! lol
  • edorice
    Options
    oh and I take Syntha - 6 too!! =)
    We are thinking about getting Cell Mass for the post workout. I like to use my Syntha 6 for a meal (i just add milk instead to keep me full longer)

If you take it with milk see if you can take it with fat free milk. It is great with fat free milk. Now we switched to Syntha because is has less carbs than the Cell Mass protein. I'm trying to make a major effort to increase my protein when we start our hybrid Monday.
  • edorice
    Options
    Well full blown Insanity is in the bag. Today we did our day 63 fit test. Here are my results:
    .............Day 1.. /...Day 63
    SWITCH KICKS 53.. 54
    POWER JACKS 51 ..57
    POWER KNEES 71 ..80
    POWER JUMPS 19 ..40
    GLOBE JUMPS 8 ....10
    SUICIDE JUMPS 12... 11
    PUSH-UP JACKS 9 ...21
    LOW PLANK OBLIQUE 40 45
    The biggest improvement were my power jumps. Glad it's over!!!
  • LeticiaAnn
    Options
    Today was my first day of Insanity. All I can say is WOW! I'm looking forward to pushing myself :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I read this thread the other day and you all INSPIRED me! I ordered INSANITY yesterday and I can't wait to start. I did 30 day shred and Jillian's other DVD's then did Brazil Butt Lift. I need something more! I've been working out for months and while I have seen good results, I'm ready to push myself even harder and get greater results.
    So, thanks!

Do any of you have some advice before I start? I saw that many of you are drinking recovery shakes or taking supplements some kind? Will the DVD set come with recommendations?

Anything else I should know?
  • Cina04
    Options
    I just started to take extra stuff because that's when my husband wanted to start to get back into shape and for his job he needs to stay in shape (military)

Just expect to be sore for 2 weeks. I felt it in my calves - oh that was a pain in the butt!!

You just got to stick with it and if they are times where you think you won't have time to do it for the day wake up early and knock it out! It's what I do. Or when on the schedule there is a fit test and a workout, I do the fit test in the morning and the workout in the afternoon

Oh and if and through out your fit test, if you see your numbers decline some, don't sweat about it and don't think you aren't improving! You are working your body super hard.