INSANE chicks!!!

Options

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Well full blown Insanity is in the bag. Today we did our day 63 fit test. Here are my results:
    .............Day 1.. /...Day 63
    SWITCH KICKS 53.. 54
    POWER JACKS 51 ..57
    POWER KNEES 71 ..80
    POWER JUMPS 19 ..40
    GLOBE JUMPS 8 ....10
    SUICIDE JUMPS 12... 11
    PUSH-UP JACKS 9 ...21
    LOW PLANK OBLIQUE 40 45
    The biggest improvement were my power jumps. Glad it's over!!!

WOW!! I hate power jumps but you did awesome! LOL

I love power knees though. That one I usually give 120% lol

Globe jumps are a killer too!
  • june_warner
    june_warner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd round of P90X and I have also completed a full round of Insanity!!! I love both programs and have done a hybrid this time around with them. After I graduate yet again from p90x in 5 weeks I am starting Insanity over again. The best advice I can give to anyone about Insanity is listen to your body...if your hungry you need to up your calories, by the end of the program I was up to 2300 calories and still losing weight!!!! Also don't feel like a failure if you can't do the entire video. The people in the video can't even do it so why do you think you can. Do what you can do and "DIG DEEPER".... I got the t-shirt to prove anyone can do it!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cina. I wanted to ask you about Cell Mass. You don't find that to have too many carbs in it? I bought some more Syntha-6 on Friday. I tried the Caramel Latte flavor, pretty good but I still like the chocolate/peanut butter best.
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    So I'm waiting on my Insanity videos while I finish up my first round of P90X. overall, I liked the cardio the most which has me thinking i'll love insanity. The strength training workouts didn't doo too much for me except for all the push-ups. I had to use bands because of an injury so my muscles stayed pretty much the same. which is fine since i didn't want to bulk up but tone. I just can't wait for Insanity to start. It's going to be tough with starting school again here in a month so hopefully I can figure out a good schedule.

Q's:

How long are the videos normally?
    Should I eat a couple hours before working out? (I don't wanna drink a shake 15 minutes before I workout and have it come back up is what I'm saying lol)

Thanks!
  • dollbaby4
    Options
    Midway through week one of month 2 and burned 999 calories on the Max Conditioning workout! Whew!! I still am struggling with my caloric intake being below what is recommended....some days, I'm just not that hungry. I have been a little more irritable lately and I think it's because I am not eating enough calories. Max Recovery was last night's workout and it was awesome!! I've noticed some significant toning in my abs, arms, shoulders and legs. My numbers on the scale aren't really fluctuating that much, but I definitely notice a change in the way my clothes look and feel! Keep it up ladies!!!
  • edorice
    Options
    Q's:
    Should I eat a couple hours before working out? (I don't wanna drink a shake 15 minutes before I workout and have it come back up is what I'm saying lol)

Thanks!
    In the first month the videos are 30 to 40 minutes. The second month you'll be working out an hour.
    I workout at 5am so I don't eat before the workout. Some people would take the results and recovery shake during the workouts.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    bumping for tomorrow.!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I also remind myself that I'm building endurance =)

Now when I go for walks on the way home I have urges to run! I never had the urge to run not even when I was in the Army!! lol
    Although at the moment I can no longer run 3 miles w/o stopping but I do some sprint runs home lol
    =)

I have never completed a round of insanity but I can totally agree that it helps build your endurance I ran my first 5k and I didn't train and I was only on week 4 of C25K and to be honest I was skipping days it was all Insanity!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I am finally ready to complete a round of insanity!! I am on day 9 and can't be more pumped about actually completing it this time around!! I have started and stopped a few times but this time I am on a mission to complete it!! I will be a Insanity Grad!!
  • Cina04
    Options
    Thanks Cina. I wanted to ask you about Cell Mass. You don't find that to have too many carbs in it? I bought some more Syntha-6 on Friday. I tried the Caramel Latte flavor, pretty good but I still like the chocolate/peanut butter best.

we haven't purchased it yet.

For right now my husband and I just use Syntha 6 and N.O Xplode. My husband likes the chocolate peanut butter, I got the cholcolate milkshake to stay on the safe side...lol. I'm glad we got our own cause he is going through his stuff fast. Today though I'm buying my own NO xlode. I don't liek the berry flavor too much. So I'm hoping punch tastes just a little but better...lol

My husband takes like 3 scoops daily but I like to take one scoop. If I really need the energy I'll take two scoops.
  • Cina04
    Options

Q's:

Thanks!
    \

When I have to worko out at 6am - I don't eat before....well 45 mins before i work out I drink a pre trainer performance/energy drink. Once you get it in your sstem you are ready to work out. sometimes I eat half of a banana or a hand full of nuts.

Usually I work out in the afternoons arounf 2pm. So I eat lunch around 11:30am - 12pm. Last time I tried doing insanity with a full stomach - yeah didn't do so hot!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Hello! I finished my first round of Insanity on August 10th, I miss it so much, I have done at least 5 videos since then w/ it. I am starting my marathon training and I did Insanity this am as my cross-training. Nothing works me better than INSANITY-I think of Shaun saying DIG Deeper as I run!
  • edorice
    Options
    Today though I'm buying my own NO xlode. I don't liek the berry flavor too much. So I'm hoping punch tastes just a little but better...lol

My husband takes like 3 scoops daily but I like to take one scoop. If I really need the energy I'll take two scoops.

I know you guys shop at GNC, but I like the taste of the fruit punch Fuzion AKG that I get from Nutrishop. It has no bitter after taste at all.
  • edorice
    Options
    Good luck on the marathon princesspurple. Insanity does prepare you to push harder.
  • LeticiaAnn
    Options
    So I'm on day 3 and feeling the workout :happy: I've done P90X and Brazil Butt Lift recently. The 40 minutes workouts are shorter than I normally do. Should I do a full round of Insanity before I add to it?
  • edorice
    Options
    Well, if the first month of Insanity isn't kicking your butt and you feel like you need to complete the hour then complete it with some Ab Ripper X or with Insanity Cardio Abs. Go for it!!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    cina04 .....................HOLY .....That is amazing. I cant see pics posted on the threads when I am at work, so I just saw your before and after pics...Unbelievable-fantastic....did you follow the insanity diet also?

edorice-thank you! I sure hope to finish this next race with a good time and be able to walk after!
  • edorice
    Options
    OK, so I started a hybrid of P90X and Insanity this week. These workouts have been blasting the triceps. We did Insanity Max Plyo yesterday, but there are a lot of push ups. We already did chest and back Monday and today we did Shoulders & arms. So...for the rest of the hybrid we're going to do P90X Plyo on Tuesdays. I missed that workout anyway. Did i say I missed plyo?
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    OK, so I started a hybrid of P90X and Insanity this week. These workouts have been blasting the triceps. We did Insanity Max Plyo yesterday, but there are a lot of push ups. We already did chest and back Monday and today we did Shoulders & arms. So...for the rest of the hybrid we're going to do P90X Plyo on Tuesdays. I missed that workout anyway. Did i say I missed plyo?

yep! you surely did just say that :laugh: but I agree. days when I'm supposed to do Cardio X, I end up doing Plyo cuz I love the xtra burn it gives me haha. But my tri's were hurting yesterday so I did Cardio X. Much better today, but still sore.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I can't wait to wake up and see Shaun T tomorrow!