INSANE chicks!!!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My husband is laid off, he has been spending a lot of time w/ my 22 month old...last night, my husband said to my son...
    who is mommy's boyfriend....my son says....Shaun T:0

I hope he gets work soon. My husband has been out of work since February. However, at least your husband gets to spend time with the baby. Those are important years.

We did Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance this morning. Good workout.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    My husband is laid off, he has been spending a lot of time w/ my 22 month old...last night, my husband said to my son...
    who is mommy's boyfriend....my son says....Shaun T:0

I hope he gets work soon. My husband has been out of work since February. However, at least your husband gets to spend time with the baby. Those are important years.

We did Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance this morning. Good workout.

I did that one last night. OMG!! I can't move that quickly yet! I was huffing!
  • edorice
    Options
    Just go at your own pace and then try to pick it up from time to time.

We did Max Cardio Conditioning this morning as part of the hybrid. 747 calories burned. 7 lbs weight loss goal by October 31st.
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I just started INSAINTY yesterday and I completed day 2 this morning...it is so tough! Wow! I have owned this dvd for about 6 months now but never started it cause it just looked so tough! I did most of P90x a few months back and was recently working out to Turbo Jam and Jillian Michaels Shred.
    It is a pretty tough workout, I'm hoping I will see results after putting myself through all that pain!
    I dont have a HRM yet, getting one in Nov. for my birthday so I have no idea how many cals I'm burning. I put it under high aerobics and its says 268? That just cant be right! I only put it in for 30mins. cause really for 10mins. its stretching, 5 in the beginning and 5 in the end...

Great thread, glad to see others doing the same workout cause I may need the motivation to push through!
  • edorice
    Options
    rcrews - you should pick up an inexpensive heart rate monitor.
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    I'm also Insane. I'm starting week three tomorrow (taking a rest day today, which I never ever do.). i love that insanity has ruined other workouts for me because you stop before your half dead. i love to work till the point of failure! I do do alot of modifications for things like push ups (i can't do a pushup) but, I get better and stronger every day.
    I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    I'm also Insane. I'm starting week three tomorrow (taking a rest day today, which I never ever do.). i love that insanity has ruined other workouts for me because you stop before your half dead. i love to work till the point of failure! I do do alot of modifications for things like push ups (i can't do a pushup) but, I get better and stronger every day.
    I just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone!

I can't do push ups either? Do you just do the "girly" push ups instead?
  • edorice
    Options
    shaun-t-nightmares.jpg
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hey there Insane chicks! I am on day 3 of week 3 and I LOVE this program. 5 pounds are gone :D My blood pressure was measured at the Dr's office this morning and for the first time in 5 years I am 130/80!!! I was 156/95 last Jan. when I started on my Beachbody adventure. 1 round of P90x and now into a round of Insanity and I have reclaimed my health! I LOVE BEACHBODY!!!

Tonight I have my Karate class and I am going to follow it with a round of Cardio Abs. This *kitten* is bananas and I am craving more everyday. Anyone else an addict?

Make it a great day!
  • edorice
    Options
    gaspegirl - Great news on your health update. I'm not addicted to Insanity, but I'm addicted to feeling better and looking better.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i was searching for a insanity thread, so glad i came across this one! i'm starting insanity on monday. i started it once before, but i never got past week 2. it got me in great shape though and i lost 4 lbs. the 2 weeks i did! hoping to make it all the way through this time. i was wondering if everyone in here is following the eating plan? or if you just eat your own healthy recipes?
  • edorice
    Options
    We don't follow the Insanity diet. I am on a 1700 calorie intake right now.
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Options
    Edorice - pic is too funny!!

Emily - I am only doing Insanity 2 days a week right now, but do not really follow the diet that closely. Eat a lot of the food in the diet, though.

gaspegirl - I Love Insanity and do miss it on the days I don't do it, but I needed a break from it. I do it w my hubby 2 days a week. The other days I have been doing Turbofire and C25K 3 evenings a week.

Jody
  • rs1177
    rs1177 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

So today I completed my 5th day! This workout is so tough! I dont like it as much as I like Turbo Jam, but I am going to finish it! I am hoping that I can lose those last few pounds from my middle and that this will help tone me up! Time will tell!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    i was searching for a insanity thread, so glad i came across this one! i'm starting insanity on monday. i started it once before, but i never got past week 2. it got me in great shape though and i lost 4 lbs. the 2 weeks i did! hoping to make it all the way through this time. i was wondering if everyone in here is following the eating plan? or if you just eat your own healthy recipes?

I started insanity last week..made it through 2 days and got sick and stopped...re started on Monday. I'm already down 1.5 pounds...and that's after a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE weekend of eating and drinking. I don't stick to the meal plans. I'm at a base of 1400 calories and then eat some of my exercise calories. I try and listen to my body. If I'm hungry I eat, if I'm not, I don't. Drink a protein shake after, they REALLY REALLY help. I've had soreness but nothing unbearable to where it hurts to walk or workout more.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hello, i just started insanity on monday, i have a few questions since i know some of uhave experince with this workout, MFP says to eat 1200 calories But for this insanity workout i have to eat more, but i am scared if i eat the calories tht insanity suggest i will gain weight , here is a little info about me, as of right now i am not working , so all i do is sit around the house all day and take walks some days, im 5' 1 and weigh 128lbs, any help is much appreciated thanks again :smile:
  • edorice
    Options
    Most of us don't eat all the calories that MFP or Insanity says to eat. In the first month of Insanity I would recommend that you eat 1500 calories to start with. MFP allows you to do reports at the top. You don't want your net calories too low for each day. Use a heart rate monitor while you workout.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I eat a base calorie of 1400 and at least half my exercise calories. It seems to be working for me. If you have a HRM wear it, it's the best way to calculate your calorie burn.
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    hello all:

I am in the 2nd month of Insanity and actually still loving it. I've always preferred to be outdoors walking or jogging or working out at a gym rather than at home and was never able to stick to a workout dvd before but I have with this one. I don't know how I get through some of the workouts but Shaun T really seems to motivate me to keep pushing it and not give up. I am still having a hard time with the floor exercises but my upper body strength has gotten better. Don't think I will ever love or like push-ups but I do try to do some of it his way then I go to the girly push-ups. My body aches the next day but I definately see a positive change so for those struggling through don't give up cause YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • edorice
    Options
    Welcome mizfit, it was easier for me to transition from P90X to Insanity because you get an all out assault doing push-ups with P90X. I don't hate push-ups as much now. Keep at it, the changes do occur and you'll be so proud of yourself.

Elaine