INSANE chicks!!!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to wake up and see Shaun T tomorrow!

He ain't that fine. LOL:laugh: :laugh:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    September if "the" month for me and why not kick it off with Insanity. I have been mixing my workouts up with Insanity, P90X & 30 Day Shred but, will commit to the Insanity program for 60 Days starting September 6th.

I quit last time b/c it was too hard on my knees but, am going to try my BEST to get through it this time!!! I still have 10 more pounds to lose until I reach my 40lb loss goal!!!

LET'S GO!!!!
  • bossymommy
    Options
    Ha! Now THAT's funny, RAYMJ!
  • dollbaby4
    Options
    September if "the" month for me and why not kick it off with Insanity. I have been mixing my workouts up with Insanity, P90X & 30 Day Shred but, will commit to the Insanity program for 60 Days starting September 6th.

I quit last time b/c it was too hard on my knees but, am going to try my BEST to get through it this time!!! I still have 10 more pounds to lose until I reach my 40lb loss goal!!!

LET'S GO!!!!

Awesome! My ankles were bothering me at first, but I do all my workouts on a jump-mat now, and the impact is less severe. Good luck!
  • edorice
    Options
    dollbaby - do you have info on this jumpmat that you use? I would love to get that.
  • edorice
    Options
    Max cardio this morning, end of first week of my hybrid. Man I feel like hitting the gym this weekend.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I just started back Insanity today I already did it a couple of months ago and now after a 2 month hiatus for summer time ( i don't work out in the summer) So after gaining 5lbs during my husbands R&R and because i miss my workouts so much I kicked started it today with the Fit test. I might alternate between insanity and p90x not sure though. I really don't like Insanity's Plyo so I may sub P90x's plyo for it- its still a good workout. I also like lifting weights too. I'm not following it by the book though because I don't workout 6 days a week with my schedule if I can do 4 days a week though Monday-Thursday. 4 days is better than no days plus I'm pretty active with my kids. Good luck to everyone starting out
  • edorice
    Options
    Who is still in this?
  • princesspurple
    Options
    woohooo..just did pure cardio this am...soaked the floor as usual! i missed it...i have been taking a litle break....NO MORE! I love the way this makes me feel!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I will be getting the Fast furious insanity (think thats the name) the 20 minute dvd.
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    I am still in it...I just don't post very often. I love Insanity!! :heart: I finished my first round. I am just kind of mixing it up now. I did Max Interval Circuit along with all but 11 minutes of P90X arms and shoulders this past Saturday, Rested on Sunday and did Max Plyo on Monday evening. I honestly think Max Plyo is the most difficult of the series. Tuesday I did Pure Cardio and C25K in the evening while my daughter was at soccer practice. This morning I did P90X Stretch, cuz I definitely needed it. Tonight I am going to a Turbokick class then will do C25K again, or may just walk, not sure. Depending on how I feel I will probably do either Plyo Circuit or Cardio Power and Resistance tomorrow morning. :yawn:
  • edorice
    Options
    Max Recovery is on the schedule for Thursday and Max interval Circuit for Thursday. We're doing the hybrid of P90X and Insanity. I'm liking the hybrid a lot. I just loved the shoulder and arm workout this morning.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I am here my plan is to repeat week 3 on Monday had a nasty fall yesterday down the steps so I will be back on it bright and earl Monday morning looking foward to the fit test!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    cnbethea-i hope you get better quickly!

jrsmithne-you are VERY active!

mrsyac2-when is this dvd coming out?

I did cardio abs today-man that man works you!
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    Princesspurple - I am very active, I really like working out when I find the right exercise. Insanity is definitely one I like, C25K, not so much, but I just want to be able to run, LOL!! I do think of some of the things that Shaun T says during the workouts when I am doing C25K, and it really does help, so does upbeat music, so I am constantly changing songs on my daughters IPOD.

cnbethea - I fell down my stairs a few years ago, luckily I fell back, but my leg ended up under me all the way down the stairs, and I really hurt my ankle. Took quite a while to heal. I hope you are feeling better soon!!

mrsyac2 - I was wondering about the Fast furious insanity dvd you were speaking about. Where did you find it? Is it a Beachbody product? Ihis is the first I have heard of it. I would be interested to learn more about it.

Well, last night I ended up going to my Turbokick class, I love that class. The instructor started a new “round”, so I did not know wth I was doing, lol, just kept jumping around. Wore my HRM, this is a HIIT type of class and she ended up doing 4 of the HIIT rounds. It is a 45 min class, I burned 743 calories. Kept taking my heartrate every 5 or 6 minutes to it would average out for the class. My heart rate goes up very quickly and I always get a good calorie burn, that is why I love that class. Then I picked up my daughter and took her to soccer practice and did my C25K. nice and cool out so I did not get TOO hot. Time to move up to week 3, don’t know if I am ready for that, but will give it a try. Had lots of extra calories to eat, so I ate homemade chicken tacos last night. I bought these low carb tortillas, they were ok, I am definitely a flavor person, if it does not taste good, even if it is better for me, I will not eat it.

I was extremely tired this morning when my alarm went off at 5:45. I had to find my energy to do my Insanity workout. I did Cardio Power and Resistance, and let me tell you, it was tough. Tonight I may just walk with my hand weights, instead of doing C25K, will have to see how I am feeling.

Take care everyone!!

Jody
  • edorice
    Options
    cnbethea - I hope you're back on it this week.

Hey all, we just finished Max cardio conditioning and cardio abs. I think my resting heart rate is going down. I only burned 790 calories today, which is less than last week. That's cool, guess I'm getting healthier. So this completes our second week of the P90X/Insanity hybrid. Tomorrow afternoon I'm not going to take a complete rest day. I may hit the gym and get on the bike. Gotta do something, can't just sit around.

Have a blessed day,
    Elaine
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bumping for later! I think I am officially an insane chick. its only my first day of insanity (not counting the fit test) but i love it already.
    I love the feeling of having sweat pour off during ur workout and the sense of accomplishment when you're done. i can barely walk right now hahaha but i know it will be worth it !
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I just wanted to start a new thread for all of us ladies who are in-love with the pain, sweat and hard work from INSANITY. This is for you to post your success and struggles with the program and give new comers (I'm one of them) your best tips and what you've learned from your journey. I hope this thread grows and we can get a big group encouraging each other during their INSANITY program no matter how many times you've done it, if you are just starting or what part of it you currently are doing.
    Have a FANSTASTIC day!!!
    Gaby

Thank you so much for starting this thread Gaby!

I'm at work right now but can't wait to get home and catch up on all the posts!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Hey guys back on it today everything feels great I will be back in with first fit test and this fit test results shortly!!
  • fitboricua
    fitboricua Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im definately and Insane chick! This is my last week of Insanity and I have a LOVE / HATE Relationship with it. Sometime I love it sometimes I don't and I'm glad is almost over. Six more days of Insanity and Im moving to P90X.

As a Insanity Grad I can tell you this:

1. Weight will come off during the second Month.
    2. Take Breaks if you need them.
    3. Quality over quantity. I tried to go as fast as the people on the Dvd but no can do. So I go slow and steady and feel the burn in the right place and BOOM..results!
    4. Focus on your core...specially during planks, push ups and squats. You won't need crunches.

Good Luck and Dig Deeper!

Cynthia (fitboricua)