INSANE chicks!!!

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Im definately and Insane chick! This is my last week of Insanity and I have a LOVE / HATE Relationship with it. Sometime I love it sometimes I don't and I'm glad is almost over. Six more days of Insanity and Im moving to P90X.

As a Insanity Grad I can tell you this:

1. Weight will come off during the second Month.
    2. Take Breaks if you need them.
    3. Quality over quantity. I tried to go as fast as the people on the Dvd but no can do. So I go slow and steady and feel the burn in the right place and BOOM..results!
    4. Focus on your core...specially during planks, push ups and squats. You won't need crunches.

Good Luck and Dig Deeper!

Cynthia (fitboricua)

awesome advice! i also decided to go at my own pace and never sacrifice form over speed. and definately feeling the burn now!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I decided to throw in cardio power and resistance today....i love the way insanity makes me feel, i wasn't in the mood to workout, but once i started, i was soaked...it helps when my 22 month old watches and claps and says yeah mommy!
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Sorry I've been MIA. I hurt my back and had to take a break from my workouts. But I re-started the program over the weekend and I'm pumped to actually do it the whole way thru. I'm really trying to lose the last 10 lbs. I know this is the way to go. I love INSANITY and I've missed my workouts the last few weeks, but I knew I had to make sure I was 100% to get back on the horse. I'm soo glad this thread is still going strong and I will be checking in way more often now that I'm back on the program.
    Gaby
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better!
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    My hubby and I did Plyo Cardio this morning. His choice, not mine. Plyo is my last choice of Insanity workouts, lol!! I start to fizzle at the in/out abs every time. I do better when I work out with him, because I push myself a lot harder. I take a Muscle Fusion class on M/W/Sat and the instructor gave me a Chocolate Shakeology to try out. I mixed it with 1 cup light soy milk, 1/2 cup 1% milk, and put a T of PB2 in it and froze it overnight. I take it out when I get up in the morning and let it thaw. Just like a chocolate shake. Very chocolately. Not bad. I usually have a homemade chocolate protien shake in the morning anyway. I am feeling a little more refreshed, not sure if it is because of that or not. I just wish I did not have to buy a so much if i were to purchase it. I wish i could purchase maybe 10 packages of it. :ohwell:

Take Care - Jody
  • edorice
    Options
    Plyo Cardio is my least fave as well. I prefer Interval Circuit. This morning we did P90X Plyo as part of our hybrid. What a difference 60 months makes. I used to be on my knees, we would have to pause the DVD, I was a mess. This morning we were chatting during plyo. Crazy.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Have a question Insaniacs should I restart my journey to work out with 2 ladies and have some go to people during this journey? I am on week 3 it's really suppose to be week 4 but I fell last week and took a few days off and then got restarted back on Monday. What do you all suggest?

Oh and by the way I have been trying to complete a round since April and still haven't done it yet!!
  • edorice
    Options
    Have a question Insaniacs should I restart my journey to work out with 2 ladies and have some go to people during this journey? I am on week 3 it's really suppose to be week 4 but I fell last week and took a few days off and then got restarted back on Monday. What do you all suggest?

Oh and by the way I have been trying to complete a round since April and still haven't done it yet!!

Girl, that's a tough one because you know people are quick to flake out. I would say that you need to see how serious these two are. If they don't work out within the first week then pick up where you left off at week four. Shaun T won't know. LOL Seriously though, don't let them throw you off.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What is INSANE?
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options

Girl, that's a tough one because you know people are quick to flake out. I would say that you need to see how serious these two are. If they don't work out within the first week then pick up where you left off at week four. Shaun T won't know. LOL Seriously though, don't let them throw you off.

Thank you I am going to continue where I am and just help motivate each other along the way!!
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    INSANITY Workout is a 60-day (actually 63 days) cardio-based total-body conditioning program that’s perhaps the most intense workout ever put on DVD. Fitness expert Shaun T drew on his collegiate track and field training plus his subsequent years of experience as an elite trainer to create a program that takes total-body conditioning to an extreme level.
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    jmlowry - Insanity is a workout program by Beachbody. You can check it out at www.myfitnessrockstar.com. Its a Total-Body Conditioning Program.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I plan to start Insanity next week. Its going to be painful, but I'm determined to get through it :)
  • nolachick
    Options
    Just completed Insanity Day 4: Pure Cardio! feel great! i am determined to complete the program! no excuses!
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Max Recovery this morning. I'm starting to master those side planks, but the up & down planks are still a bear. It is a gratifying feeling when you know you're improving & getting better.
  • nolachick
    Options
    i was really looking forward to doing insanity today but when i woke up at 4:30am my ankle hurt and was swollen from when i tripped last n ight. i am so pissed. i hope its better by tomorrow so i can complete week 1
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    This morning I did Cardio Recovery. Seems much easier the second round, and wow, i am really going to have to watch what I eat today, only burned 165 calories!!!!!:sad: I guess if i look at the whole week I did really well staying under my calories and burning a lot. So i wont be too down on myself. I already know I am going to meet my hubby and some friends after work. I know I will be having some cheesy bread and probably 2 drinks.
  • edorice
    Options
    This morning I did Cardio Recovery. Seems much easier the second round, and wow, i am really going to have to watch what I eat today, only burned 165 calories!!!!!:sad: I guess if i look at the whole week I did really well staying under my calories and burning a lot. So i wont be too down on myself. I already know I am going to meet my hubby and some friends after work. I know I will be having some cheesy bread and probably 2 drinks.
    During our first month of Insanity we moved to Max Recovery, longer DVD and more burn. Isn't it funny how we try to get more burn. I know I do. My husband messed up his toe yesterday during his Krav Maga class. So we didn't do our scheduled Insanity workout. So, he first suggested doing X Stretch this morning. I said no, I only burn about 100 calories on X Stretch. So, we ended up doing P90X Legs and Back. I burned over 460 calories. I'm happy with that.:smile:
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    During our first month of Insanity we moved to Max Recovery, longer DVD and more burn. Isn't it funny how we try to get more burn. I know I do. My husband messed up his toe yesterday during his Krav Maga class. So we didn't do our scheduled Insanity workout. So, he first suggested doing X Stretch this morning. I said no, I only burn about 100 calories on X Stretch. So, we ended up doing P90X Legs and Back. I burned over 460 calories. I'm happy with that.:smile:

I agree!! I know I needed the recovery this morning, though. I have been pushing myself, when the recovery day comes along, I just say "oh, I can just do pure cardio" or whatever DVD stikes my fancy. Feel like I am slacking when I do the recovery days, lol!! I have also been doing C25K in the evenings when my daughter is at soccer practice in addition to Insanity in the morning, so i really needed the recovery today!!

What is Krav Maga? Just curious...
  • edorice
    Options
    I agree!! I know I needed the recovery this morning, though. I have been pushing myself, when the recovery day comes along, I just say "oh, I can just do pure cardio" or whatever DVD stikes my fancy. Feel like I am slacking when I do the recovery days, lol!! I have also been doing C25K in the evenings when my daughter is at soccer practice in addition to Insanity in the morning, so i really needed the recovery today!!

What is Krav Maga? Just curious...

Krav Maga is a fighting style that was developed in Isreal. it involves hand to hand combat.