INSANE chicks!!!

Options

Replies

• mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome mizfit, it was easier for me to transition from P90X to Insanity because you get an all out assault doing push-ups with P90X. I don't hate push-ups as much now. Keep at it, the changes do occur and you'll be so proud of yourself.

Elaine

Hi edorice

Thanks for the encouraging words. I will definately continue to push through and am looking forward to doing this workout all over again.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We just finished Max Cardio Conditioning. I burned 725 calories. Got a super busy day today, I don't like busy busy weekends after a tough work week.
  • Juicey1401
    Juicey1401 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bumped for later!
  • edorice
    Options
    Today wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. I rescheduled an appointment for Tuesday. I was able to get a double workout in today, after our Insanity session this morning. I just got back from the gym. That's a total of 1200 calories burned today. I've started doing side hops on the treadmill. Great burn for the hips.
  • Cateface
    Options
    Hi Ladies

I'm on week 4 day 1, I was really addicted to it, loved it and looked forward to it, but I'm finding it hard to muster up the motivation now and just turn it on.

I'm having great results (9lbs lost in a month) and I feel great and I definately cheat a lot less than I used to with this workout but I just need a good kick in the *kitten* to get me motivated into doing it.

Right now, my sister in law texts me each night to ask if I've done it yet - and that worked for a while to get me going. I still do it everyday I just put it off until the last possible moment and usually just before bed.

Anyone have some tips to get me excited again? I've still got a lot of baby weight to loose!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Starting Week 4 Round 2! I can't believe how fast the weeks seem to be going now! Next month though I have to start looking into whether I want the Zumba or Turbo fire workout program.

For round two I'm not doing the fit test ever two weeks...so Friday will be the fit test for month 1. I need to start planning a Hip Hops LV1 &2/ BBL hybrid.

Oh and for motivation, I think about that free T-Shirt. =)

Now my motivation is my halloween costume. My arms and legs are looking good, it's this csection belly that is being stubborn lol But even though I may still have some belly flab I may still wear it. About 3 months ago I wouldn't be able too! So if people want to think oh she shouldn't be wearing that costume, than I guess they can talk away because they don't know how I looked like before!
  • Bellemadame16
    Options
    Hey guys!! Just started round 2 :-D Did anyone else find it a little easier and secretly want to skip to the max intervals? Also I was thinking of a hip hop abs/insanity hybrid. What do you guys think about that? Thanks in advance for the feedback!
  • edorice
    Options
    Hey guys!! Just started round 2 :-D Did anyone else find it a little easier and secretly want to skip to the max intervals? Also I was thinking of a hip hop abs/insanity hybrid. What do you guys think about that? Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Hey!
    I'm doing a P90X and Insanity hybrid after doing a round of each. We are only doing the Max workouts with the hybrid. So for 3 days we do P90X and the last three days of the week we do Insanity Max with Max Recovery.

Not sure about a hybrid of Insanity and Hip Hop abs. I can burn about 500 calories on HHA. If you enjoy the two then definitely do it.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    WOW, ya'll are doing great. i have been slacking on insanity but really need to get back on it.
    thnx for the motivation
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Insanity Cardio Recovery this morning instead of Max Recovery. My husband did 5 miles at the gym after our P90X workout yesterday, so he was kind of burnt.
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just found this thread and I'm ending week 2 of my first round of insanity! I'm loving it and hoping to see some great success. Not really following the meal plan but am definitely eating much better and trying to get the majority of my calories from tiers 1 and 2. Look forward to following the thread!
  • edorice
    Options
    Welcome BK
  • JillBurton
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I just found this thread and I am SO excited that I did!! I am not into the INSANITY...yet! I am just ending week 1 of P90X today. I LOVE it!!!
    I am so glad I found you all!! Yay fellow crazy ladies like myself!
    I had done P90X at the beginning of the year but because of family health issues my fitness got shelved for several months. But not I'm back workin on my fitness!
    I can't wait to keep reading about everyone's progress! :smile:
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Max Cardio Conditioning this morning. I've been snacking like crazy this morning. Good thing I burned 800 calories already. May hit the treadmill this evening as well.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    So today begins my recovery week... I am super nervous about next week and the final stretch of Insanity. I think that I have read too much and it has made me crazy scared :S

So far, over the past month I have burned over 13,000 calories... has only one else tracked that? Am I in the ballpark or should I have pushed harder/dug deeper? I am really hoping for results during the next four weeks... gonna take pics at the end of this week to see if there are results. The scale has not been my friend so I have stopped weighing in. I would lose like 5 pounds and then weigh in again and they would be back and with some additional numbers added. I am sticking to five small meals per day and eating clean, no processed foods.

HELP me ... have you been through the program already and are all these things normal? Help me INSANE chicks.

Marge
  • edorice
    Options
    The 2nd month just do as you did with the 1st month. Take breaks when you need to; hit the pause button. The workouts are crazy, but mostly just a bit longer. I don't know how many calories I burned during the 1st month. I didn't get a heart rate monitor till mid-month. In the second month my workouts averaged 700-980 calories burned. You start to get addicted to the numbers and want to burn more more more.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am clearly already addicted to the #s. As a matter of fact they are my biggest motivator. When I consider skipping a workout, for whatever reason, I think about not having a great weekly reading on my HRM and I force myself to Push Play.

Thanks for the encouragement... I am looking forward to some changes in the program and I hope that I have what it takes :D
  • edorice
    Options
    Recovery week, we did Insanity Cardio Recovery and P90X Ab Ripper X this morning. I burned 458 calories and I plan to jog at lunch time today.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    I started round 2...did my fitness test yesterday, fell back to the same numbers as my 3rd fitness test during the first round....
    did plyo today! I am training for my marathon and I think Insanity is going to make me stronger for it!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    In my second round and what I did is keep the fitness day for the last day of the month.
    This way I only compare it monthly and to see how much my endurance has improved for the month vs every two weeks.