Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• hol_lou85
    hol_lou85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i last weighed in on Thursday 19th december, weighed in again this morning and i have gained 2lbs, considering i had christmas, my birthday and new year in that time with alot of alcohol and food i was really surprised!
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    5 lbs :/
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I didn't actually eat anything during Christmas, but I did eat a lot on New Year's Eve. Didn't weigh myself right afterwards but this morning I realized I'm 1 pound heavier than the last time I weighed myself (on Dec 30). So I guess it had to be somewhere around 3 pounds LOL. No problem though, I'll beat the scale by Monday :)
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I gained 6lbs but 24hrs of good food again and I'm only 3.5lb up already.

I had planned that I would gain as I do whenever I am on hol so wasn't worried. Like others I hated the feeling of being full though. It was my first Christmas on maintenance and at the back of my mind was the gremlin of wondering if this was me reverting to type but I carried on with my exercise and switched straight back into full diet mode (to lose the few lbs) and have found it fine.

I'm not complacent by any means but do genuinely feel I've made a permanent change unlike the previous 30+yrs of yo-yo feast/famine eating where I never even hit maintenance, just dieted hard, lost wt, felt better, ate again! In many ways I now eat more when using moderation than in the feast/famine days lol.
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    7 pounds...I'm disgusted with myself. First time in a year that I've been this weight. I've been at goal since last January and am now six pounds above. I'll get back down, I know I will, but I'm disappointed that I let myself slide so badly:(
  • jayce54321
    jayce54321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Only 3.5, pretty good considering I had a Merry Christmas.
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5lbs in 3 weeks - plus another 2lb water I lost in last 36hrs - Not a problem, I ate drank and be'd merry, wouldn't want it any other way! And now I'm back here, back on track :-)
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    7 pounds...I'm disgusted with myself. First time in a year that I've been this weight. I've been at goal since last January and am now six pounds above. I'll get back down, I know I will, but I'm disappointed that I let myself slide so badly:(

Aw that makes me sad to read. To me this is what the rest of life will be about, having hols/breaks/treats but seeing them as normal and acceptable provided they are kept as rare treats.

I hit maintenance about the same time as you and getting used to that juggling which only maintenance brings amost made my head melt at times!

Be kind to yourself, we have made a change, being flexible and less rigid than in the feast/famine days is the way to make it sustainable I think :o) :flowerforyou:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    From 12/11 to this morning I gained 6 pounds (at least I think that is what the scale said before it died.... needs new batteries).
  • Katefra
    Katefra Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs. Some coworkers are doing the Sacred Heart Soup Diet starting Monday, Jan. 6th. Has anyone tried this diet before? I'm not sure I want to participate. I've read both positive and negative reviews so I'm just not sure at this point.
  • TXSweety09
    Options
    From Dec. 16th to the 23rd I didn't gain anything... but didn't lose anything...weighed exactly the same as the week before!

Dec 24th to the 30th I lost 2 lbs!!! I was so incredibly excited that I managed to stay pretty much on track!

I weigh every Monday so hopefully I will hit a -2.4 loss this week... that would put me at -60 since I started my lifestyle change!!

For those that gained, don't be too hard on yourselves the holidays are always the hardest to maintain. I think I was incredibly lucky in that my family knows my struggle with food and their support really helped me to not go overboard (I did get a few slaps on the hand while trying to get some desserts! lol).

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!!
  • 1971jamie
    1971jamie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great! - another 2lbs down this morning, so that's 3 of my 4lbs Christmas binge back off again... also 3/4 of an inch off the waistline, so obviously was bloated a bit by all that junk food.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've stayed the same for the past 2 weeks, which isn't too bad, though I'm trying to lose a pound per week, so I did get a little off track.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself on Tuesday and I was 1.6 kg heavier from New Year's Eve and Day, 7.5 kg heavier than the 21st of December.

Weighed myself today - dropped 4.9 kg in the last 2 days!
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I lost 4lb since 23/12. However, I have been on medication that makes me gain and I put on loads before - so I think it may have been my body levelling out :-)
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    No weight gained...weird thing with me though...every year the 'holiday season' never seems to be an issue...I guess I keep so busy that it 'burns' off lots of calories...

However...then January comes and I find it such a cold and uninspiring month, that all I want to do is curl up in my bed, eat and watch netflixs...Oh my...
    I sure hope this year is different for me...
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I probably gained 8 lbs between Nov 23rd to Dec 30th. That is with keeping up with my running and running two half marathons in that time period. I say probably because Nov 23rd is when I stopped weighing daily. Yes, I got to eat a lot of good food:) And, I did keep up with a lot of healthy eating in that period. I won't be weighing myself till my clothes fit nicely again and then its daily weighing for me. I did this before. From last Jan 1st-August 1st, I didn't weigh myself at all as I lost an estimated 30lbs. Once I was in my goal size, I started daily weighing. Works for me:)
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Between my last TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meeting on 12/20/13 and our first meeting after Christmas I actually lost .6#.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I put on 7 pounds from 15 December but am down 2 already and back to my healthy diet. It was nice and will enjoy again next year. I've been fighting a tooth infection over Christmas so ate lots of soft foods like cake so that would have been loads of calories.

Root canal on Friday :(
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm up about 3lbs from December 1st. For the first time ever I'm not worried at all though; I'm completely ready to get back on track. I really ate whatever I wanted for the last 2 weeks in December but I think since I never stopped logging the whole time, it's a lot easier to slide back into things.

2 days since I wrote this post and the 'holiday weight gain' is gone. :drinker: Obviously it was probably water weight, but it feels good to get back to eating normally.