Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Samspd, I agree. As well as with Domain1963. Lil rewards along the way makes the entire journey, enjoyable to say the least. I do celebrate Christmas and this year I did very well, I was able to work out Christmas eve in our apartments mini gym and kept my snacking in check:smile: Once I get better I tend to be more active as I am still sick. Once summer hits I am hopeful to ave reached my new goal and just maintain^ ^
  • 1971jamie
    1971jamie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No more weight loss today, but have trimmed half an inch of the waist, and feel and look a lot slimmer than I did a week ago, so it's all good!
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I put on 4lbs too, back to the healthy living now! :smokin:
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    7lb gain in December :sad: but I deliberately go all out and feast for Xmas - gets it out of your system and then once you get back to normal it should drop off.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I weighed in on the 23rd and then again on the 2nd of January and was up 10lbs!! :sad: Thankfully as of the 6th I'd dropped 7 of those 10lbs and hopefully the rest by the end of this week! :happy:
  • musetle
    musetle Posts: 70
    Options
    about 4 pounds here, which is already gone. I imagine half of that was water weight, since it disappeared so quickly.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
  • 1971jamie
    1971jamie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Another 1lb gone - so thats 2lbs less than pre-Christmas now :happy:
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well since half way through November I've gained 8lbs! Got rid of 1lb so far!
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    3lb....but it should have been way more the way I was eating and drinking :drinker:
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Gained about 3 kilos eeeekkkk :cry: so back to the grind feel free to add as need motivating friends
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I gained 6kg / 13lbs.

I blame wine. And beer.
  • tina86mfp
    Options
    I gained 7lbs in December and the 1st week of January. I completely overindulged.
    Chocolate, cheese and alcohol.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    9lbs from mid December to 1st Jan - thoroughly deserved and enjoyed!!! Weigh in day tomorrow so finger's crossed that the last week being positively angelic has paid off!!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I lost five pounds but that's because I had a root canal two weeks before Christmas and the second appointment to finish it up on Christmas eve morning! It wasn't self control on my part, my mouth hurt and I couldn't eat on that side so it made eating difficult. Turned out to be a good holiday strategy though! Lol
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was terrible over Christmas. Ate way too much and didn't exercise a single time. Was petrified to step on the scale as I hadn't weighed since before the holidays. To my vast surprise I have only gained 1 lb. So I am very happy with that. I figured it would be up be at least 5 lbs if not more. So now I am back to it and am feeling very motivated.
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I went off MFP before thanksgiving (ahhhh!) and throughout the two months was terrified to weigh myself - however I swallowed my fear and weighed January 6. I had gained 6 pounds - 5 of which are GONE after water, logging and sweating! Woohoo!
  • katieme
    katieme Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've put on 12lbs since the 15th Dec :(
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    About 2lbs but got rid of that last week
  • eryanes
    eryanes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I gained about 6 lbs but have already lost 2. I was off from work for 14 days and even though I exercised every day, I was putting in too many "bad" calories. I'm not at all frustrated, I actually enjoy the challenge to lose the extra lbs.