Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• SaraLily
    Options
    I actually lost a pound without proper diet...I mean...there were days my diet was ok, but on other days it was a catastrophe. Even though it's probably water weight, I'm surprised I didn't gain anything....
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.2kg (5lbs) over the Christmas period. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PDarrall/view/the-12-diet-days-of-christmas-609730

Quite chuffed.
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I thought it was 5 lb but it was 8 over 2 weeks. I have already lost some from sneak peeks. I weigh in on Wed. Much of it is likely to be water retention and TOTM too.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Further to my previous post here I have now lost all but 2lbs of Christmas wt in only 3-4 days of sensible eating (7 gained at Christmas) which makes me feel vindicated that I didn't beat myself up nor worry about whether I was reverting to my old piggy self etc. I have eaten 15-1600 cals/day as per MFP (eaten half exercise cals) and it's come right back off so I'm really chuffed.

I hope those who worry that such events mean they aren't "cured" of bad eating habits can take heart that, it is possible to have relaxed celebrations and hols without the sense of panic which can accompany it. It's the rest of the year which makes the difference, not the hols peppered within it x
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    As much as 6lbs, but I'm attributing some of that to water weight. So I'm calling 4 Christmas lbs.
  • rebeccasteele2912
    Options
    gained 7lbs in december. I'm now at the heaviest I've been for a while and its actually given me the motivation to come back on here:)
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5lbs here and am feeling really crap about it. Back to work tomorrow though which means back to my normal routine. I know most of it is water and that I haven't drank nearly enough water these past 2 weeks so I am hoping it will disappear soon enough. Fingers crossed anyway!!
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Weighed in at 194.5 on the 19th of December, then weighed on January 1st at 201.4 a whomping 6.9 gain. I am now at 199.4,
    Thankfully the bloating is going down!
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I had been135; 130 right before thanksgiving, and I knew it and gained what I lost, and maintained 135 thru holidays ,and now Im 140 :angry: What hit me though, ironically, was a week ago I got a sinus infection:explode: :sick: yea and I had regretedly ran one time right after the first day of symptoms due to habit and blasted infection hit me harder:(. Been a week and gained 5 pounds:sad: :grumble: :mad: :explode: . At 5'7" I have 33.5 BF roughly although BMI is 22.1. Umm I. AM. DYING. TO.WORKOUT :smile: :explode: I have so much energy and I feel the fat accumulating.
    I feel HIIT could be a safe run now that I feeling better but still sick. Worried I guess that if I even do HIIT workouts that I may get week and germs may get stronger again :( I just don't know. I know one thing I will be at full fit mode when I get better! Maybe its a good thing cause its Remotivating me to keep at it and not get burned out:) Ah the silver lining:heart:
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I put on 7 lbs. But 3 were gone in one day, so I take it that was all water weight! So 4 lbs to work off for me!
  • ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    Put on 4lbs lol..
  • 1971jamie
    1971jamie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    YEY!

my 4lbs Christmas binge has gone again :happy:

now to see if I can ged rid of those extra few pounds that are hiding my six-pack!
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    So i finally had my official weigh in his morning.
    Its been 3 weeks ( holiday overseas to home)
    And with all the pigging out an no excersize due to weather/ cold
    Turs out i lost weight 0.9 kgs.:love::drinker:

On the down side my muscle mass has dropped by 1.4 kgs, so i might have put on 0.5 kg of fat :sad:
  • 1971jamie
    1971jamie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well good news - I've got rid of the Christmas excess, and now 1lb down on me pre-Christmas weigh-in!

I could almost feel like celebrating with a very large cake... but that would be bad!
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself early December and then purposefully didnt weigh myself till after xmas so it wouldn't seem so bad as it doesn't take a lot to demotivated me.

I lost 1.2lb in the month of December which in my head is good going even though i know it means i probably lost 5/6lb and put on 4/5lb!
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    I gained about six pounds. Some or most of that was probably due to my time of the month, which I got on New Year's Eve (fun!). Had 5.3 pounds on that morning when I weighed and then gained another 0.7. Hoping a lot of it is gone when I weigh myself later this week. I'm right back into Turbo Fire and trying to drink more water and log again.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    gained 4kg!

lost 2.5 of it :/
  • Lithium_Laced
    Lithium_Laced Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Half a kilo
  • Domane1963
    Domane1963 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I gained 7lbs over the Monday to Monday two weeks of Christmas and New Year (and husband's birthday thrown in there for good measure!) I re-started 5:2 fasting yesterday, plus calorie-counting and low-fat/low-ish carb which is how I lost 47lbs in the latter half of last year, so I should be back to my maintenance weight very soon. I'm as motivated and determined as I was back then before I hit maintenance so I KNOW it will be gone again soon. Besides my jeans are tight and uncomfortable!!

My motto is "It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that matters, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas that counts".....
  • samspd
    samspd Posts: 13
    Options
    I managed a chart topping 1stone in just under 3 weeks. Never mind I enjoyed every calorie. lol, you can't diet all year round where would the fun in that be. Back to the diet now.