Options
12345679»

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    ...snip...

But that wasn't the advice offered to the OP. It was
    drink at least half your body weight in water!!

Nothing about "divide your body weight in pounds by two, and drink that number of ounces." (Plus, no mention of units at all, so seriously misleading for people who weigh themselves in kg or stone.) The original advice could lead to hyponatremia, if actually followed.
    Yes. Science. It is important! :laugh:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    OP, I like eating alot of food, so I choose low calorie foods so I can eat more- massive salads with lean protein, greek yoghurt, protein shakes, eggs are all staples in my diet, and they make me feel better than refined carbs like icecream and pizza. I like feeling good about the food I put in my body, so I do try to make good choices.
    I also think I can't control myself with things like cheese, icecream, pasta, so I try to limit them.
    That said, I am only starting out again so am really just learning myself.
    People say to eat what makes you feel good- nutrient dense food makes me feel good, so I try to eat that.
    For example, 1 slice of supreme pizza is worth around 250cals (a conservtive estimate?) and a big salad with tuna, avocado, heaps of veges, greens and lemon vinigarette is worth around the same- I'd prefer to eat the salad; it takes longer to eat, makes me feel good, fills me up more, less oily...
    I'm the same way, I like eating a lot of food, and I like eating a lot of nutrient-dense food! In fact, I like to pack as much nutrition as I can into as few calories as possible (like spinach salads, shrimp, and egg whites) so that I can then eat delicious things like cookies, ice cream, and cheeseburgers. You have the same approach, it's just that you choose to use your leftover calories for additional salads and lean protein (there's no extra credit once you've met your nutrient requirements; you're just eating those things because you like them). But we're both still essentially doing IIFYM.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Simple. Calorie deficit.

Pretty much sums it up! lol

This thread is HILARIOUS!

OP look at some open diaries and you will see everyone's journey on how they lost weight. Some ate "good." Some ate "bad." Some cut out wheat. Some cut out carbs. Some didn't eat past 7pm. Some hardly ever exercised. Some ate fried foods. The list is endless.

Find out what is good for you but just cut the calories.

If you want to exercise, GREAT. If you do not that's on you.

I used to lose weight without exercising or moving more. lol.. Just ate less.

So again the person above summed it up for you.