90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Options

Replies

• DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    All I know is, since my earlier post I went to the gym and burned off 1200cals in cardio intervals. On they way home I stopped and got me 2 Chipotle Snack Wraps.

I regret nothing.
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OK, so that's two people who didn't read the post. LOL

Well the first one is joking, it says "inb4" which means "In before" someone says that. ;)

That being said, I gave up McDonalds and all fast food for a long time - not because I feared 'toxins' but because it was a binge eating trigger that I had to address. It has been over a year, and I started eating McDonalds again. Their grilled chicken Chipotle BBQ snack wraps are quite yummy and often all I need to give me a jolt of energy through a long shift (I drive for a living).

For me, basically, I think the only thing some fast foods have that I am hesitant to touch is Trans Fat. I could be uneducated or deluded but as far as I know that stuff is not so great for us and supposedly there's a correlation between them and the risk of developing type 2 diabetes but this could just be an issue with the sample size of the study. A lot of taco bell items have .5g - 3g Trans Fat in them according to the menu so I haven't eaten there since it makes me wary.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Inb4:
    Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.
    Damn...I am way too late for that!
    lol. I kinda like these posts...if only to demonstrate the absurdity of certain viewpoints. :smile: Thanks for highlighting with humor. :smile:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I will say you should all stay away from the sweet tea. It is literally liquid crack. The unsweetened tea is delish and is also a dollar for a large :-)

My wife is a McDonald's sweet tea liquid crack wh...er, addict.

Could someone please recommend a program for her? Am I enabling her by buying it for her when she asks?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I like McDonalds, but 90 days?? :sick:

90 days in HEAVEN !

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg
  • jenovaprojekt00
    jenovaprojekt00 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will say you should all stay away from the sweet tea. It is literally liquid crack. The unsweetened tea is delish and is also a dollar for a large :-)

My wife is a McDonald's sweet tea liquid crack wh...er, addict.

Could someone please recommend a program for her? Am I enabling her by buying it for her when she asks?

FYI, we put 5lbs of sugar in every 4 gallons of tea, it's ridiculous!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Inb4:
    Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.
    Damn...I am way too late for that!
    lol. I kinda like these posts...if only to demonstrate the absurdity of certain viewpoints. :smile: Thanks for highlighting with humor. :smile:

With one very notable exception, I am really appreciating some of the new mods and the push by them for people to see the truth, such as the above and by psulemon, minimalistshoe and Ed. This has been a very refreshing development over the last few months. So, again, with one very notable exception, I think MFP has made some very wise moves here.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I refuse to compromise my health that way. It's just silly. Honestly, i care more about my insides than my appearance. I hope the dude has good health insurance.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's often the exception that proves the rule :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

90 days in HEAVEN !

wow what is that. never seen this in Mcdonalds UK
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The sweet chili chicken wrap is pretty darn good and is what I usually get.

mcdonalds-Premium-McWrap-Chicken-Sweet-Chili-Grilled.png
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I prefer In-N-Out because it's naturally delicious!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I refuse to compromise my health that way. It's just silly. Honestly, i care more about my insides than my appearance. I hope the dude has good health insurance.

His blood markers improved. So he has even less need of his health insurance than he did before.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    OK, so that's two people who didn't read the post. LOL

Well the first one is joking, it says "inb4" which means "In before" someone says that. ;)

That being said, I gave up McDonalds and all fast food for a long time - not because I feared 'toxins' but because it was a binge eating trigger that I had to address. It has been over a year, and I started eating McDonalds again. Their grilled chicken Chipotle BBQ snack wraps are quite yummy and often all I need to give me a jolt of energy through a long shift (I drive for a living).

For me, basically, I think the only thing some fast foods have that I am hesitant to touch is Trans Fat. I could be uneducated or deluded but as far as I know that stuff is not so great for us and supposedly there's a correlation between them and the risk of developing type 2 diabetes but this could just be an issue with the sample size of the study. A lot of taco bell items have .5g - 3g Trans Fat in them according to the menu so I haven't eaten there since it makes me wary.

I was not counting SideSteel's post.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Did you even read the article? I will say no.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Have you ever ridden in a car? Do you breathe air in cities? Have you ever eaten anything raw, especially vegetables? Humans are horrible at objective risk assessment and you are a great example of this, as is anyone with a fear of fast food.
  • thepezzle
    Options
    The sweet chili chicken wrap is pretty darn good and is what I usually get.

mcdonalds-Premium-McWrap-Chicken-Sweet-Chili-Grilled.png

I had no idea this was a thing. I didn't see it at the McDonalds in Queens but maybe I missed it. I want to consume this.
  • thepezzle
    Options
    I was not counting SideSteel's post.

ThePezzle Robot: Error 660, reading comperhension failure. *bzzt* Must consume McDonalds fuel.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    Options
    I only eat leaves, no meat, no cheese, no milk, no water

I get all my nutrition and hydration from leaves I find in the forest
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

90 days in HEAVEN !

wow what is that. never seen this in Mcdonalds UK

I think it's a quarter pounder with cheese and bacon betwen two chicken Mcsandwich patties.

At least that's the closest you'd get in the UK.