90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A burger is about 600cals + fries (300-500cals) + drink (i get a diet one, so 0) + sauce kills my day everytime i go to the mcdonalds.
    I think there's a little hypocrisy in saying fast food doesn't cause obesity... A menu is at least 1000 calories and isn't even that filling, or nutritious... Of course it's okay to enjoy some from time to time but it is definitely not something you should eat everyday... you can get skinny eating 3 burgers per day but will you feel full? energized? healthy? don't think so.

Your McDonalds only sells burgers and fries??

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/meal_bundles/favoritesunder400.html
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    But who would want to eat McDonalds for 90 days? The food has no flavor and is just plain gross! Now Checkers is a totally different story...

Yes, I love Checkers but they no longer are here. I would get the spicy chicken sandwich, those spicy fries and a vanilla milkshake! Although, I'm not crazy about McDonald's, when the McRib Sandwich from McDonald's is back on the menu, I'm there front and center for one of those!!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    A burger is about 600cals + fries (300-500cals) + drink (i get a diet one, so 0) + sauce kills my day everytime i go to the mcdonalds.
    I think there's a little hypocrisy in saying fast food doesn't cause obesity... A menu is at least 1000 calories and isn't even that filling, or nutritious... Of course it's okay to enjoy some from time to time but it is definitely not something you should eat everyday... you can get skinny eating 3 burgers per day but will you feel full? energized? healthy? don't think so.

I get the thread is long but really, it's worth a read. He did not eat burgers 3 times a day. Someone already posted his diet which included a lot of their lighter options like the egg white egg mcmuffins, salad and oatmeal. I think he mostly had burgers and fries for one meal.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You are either seriously ignorant or you work for McDonalds or BOTH. To promote this kind of food on a website that is full of food addicts and to write that it's a good idea to eat this garbage for 90 days is offensive.

I'm going to report your post as it's promoting something very unhealthy.

I guess I'm seriously ignorant. Seems to me this is a great post that demonstrates that you can lost weight and improve health markers by exercising and adhering to your calorie and macro targets- no matter what food you choose to eat.

I'm OK with this level of ignorance. Great post MSA.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    You are either seriously ignorant or you work for McDonalds or BOTH. To promote this kind of food on a website that is full of food addicts and to write that it's a good idea to eat this garbage for 90 days is offensive.

I'm going to report your post as it's promoting something very unhealthy.

Whoa! Really? That is a good way to get your reporting privileges revoked. Take a step back and pick your battles more carefully, or your experience here will not be a good one.

ETA. Not sure if it IS possible to lose reporting privileges, but it should be. IMO
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That makes it even MORE offensive that he is working as an MFP moderator which is why I have reported this post. What happens after that is none of my business. Anyone who would promote junk food as a healthy option on a site that is full of junk food addicts is not to be encouraged.

I'll leave you to argue about my opinions amongst yourselves, don't expect me to engage in a waste of time flame war....

ummmm

blech.

Funny, most arsons stick around to watch the flames...jus sayin
  • SkinnyMarni3
    SkinnyMarni3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

I get the thread is long but really, it's worth a read. He did not eat burgers 3 times a day. Someone already posted his diet which included a lot of their lighter options like the egg white egg mcmuffins, salad and oatmeal. I think he mostly had burgers and fries for one meal.

OP says fast food does not cause obesity, then shows how this guy ate the healthier options at the McDonald (which nobody ever gets) to lose weight... sighs
    I agree with eating below your TDEE to lose weight etc. but this is just a purely provocative post
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    In to post this cute image!

hFC4093CE
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    But who would want to eat McDonalds for 90 days? The food has no flavor and is just plain gross! Now Checkers is a totally different story...

oh yah and this! Checkers = YUMMO!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

OP says fast food does not cause obesity, then shows how this guy ate the healthier options at the McDonald (which nobody ever gets) to lose weight... sighs
    I agree with eating below your TDEE to lose weight etc. but this is just a purely provocative post

Yeah, fast food does not cause obesity and he ate fast food for 90 days. He also said that it comes down to choices.

So...what exactly are you missing here?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

He did not eat only healthier options, he just did not eat burgers for all 3 meals. He still are the less health options.
  • wheird
    Options
    That makes it even MORE offensive that he is working as an MFP moderator which is why I have reported this post. What happens after that is none of my business. Anyone who would promote junk food as a healthy option on a site that is full of junk food addicts is not to be encouraged.

I'll leave you to argue about my opinions amongst yourselves, don't expect me to engage in a waste of time flame war....

But a waste of time post is a good thing? Lol.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Yes. It is a provocative post. A provocative post that challenges incorrect notions of what is healthy. Rather than just getting flustered like a few others why not think through it and see the lessons to be learned?
  • wheird
    Options
    And I bet he felt like **** for all 90 of them.

Mm hmm.. right.
    Nice empty post. So worthwhile.

And yet 898 empty posts seem to be worth something?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

He lost weight and his health markers improved. Please tell me why his diet was unhealthy. Additionally, do you know what he ate?
  • wheird
    Options

Yes. It is a provocative post. A provocative post that challenges incorrect notions of what is healthy. Rather than just getting flustered like a few others why not think through it and see the lessons to be learned?

It is easier to buy into the notion that fast food is evil and the only thing that will save us is a cauliflower-sweet potato mashup.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

He lost weight and his health markers improved. Please tell me why his diet was unhealthy. Additionally, do you know what he ate?

This ^

And people saying that he got items that no one ever buys, how is that McDonalds' fault? They make it available and people choose to get the worst things on the menu.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It is easier to buy into the notion that fast food is evil and the only thing that will save us is a cauliflower-sweet potato mashup.

I just threw up in my mouth a little at the thought.

I also now have the urge to walk to McDonald's and get an egg.mcmuffin. Sabotage?
  • wheird
    Options

This ^

And people saying that he got items that no one ever buys, how is that McDonalds' fault? They make it available and people choose to get the worst things on the menu.

People must buy them if they continue selling them. :P
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm working on better food choices this year so, theres not a lot I can eat on the menu anymore .but in a pinch I could have a garden salad and yogurt and berries. or oatmeal.