Replies

• doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    In for McDonald's.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.
    well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!

No, i get that, my question was wether this whole thing was a fight point. McDonalds seems to be the polarizing fast food place of choice around here and there are so many to choose from.
    McD's tends to be the fav place for people to bash but this post I believe was to show those people that mcdonalds can be just as healthy as any diet out there as long you eat in your cal needs and hit your macro's.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Now if you were to do a 90 days Taco Bell, think of the cleanse you will get. JS :noway: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    So what does 2000 calories at McD's actually get you... did the guy even get two meal a day?

If we are talking about eat a Big Mac meal for every meal, maybe, but McDonalds does have lighter options including salads. He could even leave off the dressing or opt for a low cal version.

I'm not him but an egg mcmuffin (400 cal) and a black coffee for breakfast holds me over quite well. A salad with light dressing and a piece of their grilled chicken would do for lunch and still have enough calories for a Big Mac meal for supper.

Now I want McDonalds.

ETA - yes, I do like McDonalds. Not just bear poking. Can't say I would everyday for 90 days but the occasionally I enjoy their food.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Nice article, thanks for sharing!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.

I prefer Wendy's and Five Guys myself but isn't that just a matter of personal preference? Why is McDonald's singled out as the great evil? Does it make you a better person to hate McDonald's? Does it make you feel feel superior? I know for a fact that Five Guys doesn't serve fresh apples and milk.

Thank you for proving my post. The escalating hostility earns you bonus points.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    There's a McD's 3 blocks from my house. Obese people go in there all the time and slurp up or scarf down meals with enormous amounts of calories -- eating as entertainment. Some of them are shockingly overweight and can barely walk across the parking lot. I don't see carloads of huge people standing in line at the local Thai restaurant to get a plate of rice and vegetables.

I saw an obese person eat a banana the other day. Haven't touched one since.
    stop watching me eat bananas you perv! gah!

But, I like the way you peel back the skin.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The real question is.....Was he Lovin' It?
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!

No, i get that, my question was wether this whole thing was a fight point. McDonalds seems to be the polarizing fast food place of choice around here and there are so many to choose from.
    McD's tends to be the fav place for people to bash but this post I believe was to show those people that mcdonalds can be just as healthy as any diet out there as long you eat in your cal needs and hit your macro's.

What IS it about the place, is it the clown? The have a Ronald McDonald house that cancels out the potential evil clown thing. Then again they do have more variety which is why I guess they get chosen for things like 90 day whatevers. The place just seems to trigger this bizarre hostility and defensiveness and way too much personal investment.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is gross, In for five guys

Reported for McDonald's shaming.

But...but....I like em BOTH! Don't report!!!

crying.gif
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Now if you were to do a 90 days Taco Bell, think of the cleanse you will get. JS :noway: :laugh: :laugh:

Exactly! Nothing like a good ole' bean burrito, colon cleansing detox!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    So what does 2000 calories at McD's actually get you... did the guy even get two meal a day?

If we are talking about eat a Big Mac meal for every meal, maybe, but McDonalds does have lighter options including salads. He could even leave off the dressing or opt for a low cal version.

I'm not him but an egg mcmuffin (400 cal) and a black coffee for breakfast holds me over quite well. A salad with light dressing and a piece of their grilled chicken would do for lunch and still have enough calories for a Big Mac meal for supper.

Now I want McDonalds.

ETA - yes, I do like McDonalds. Not just bear poking. Can't say I would everyday for 90 days but the occasionally I enjoy their food.

This diet sounds good to me.

Maybe if I do it in the name of science they'll give it to me for free?
  • 4homer
    Options
    There's a McD's 3 blocks from my house. Obese people go in there all the time and slurp up or scarf down meals with enormous amounts of calories -- eating as entertainment. Some of them are shockingly overweight and can barely walk across the parking lot. I don't see carloads of huge people standing in line at the local Thai restaurant to get a plate of rice and vegetables.

I saw an obese person eat a banana the other day. Haven't touched one since.
    stop watching me eat bananas you perv! gah!

But, I like the way you peel back the skin.
    When will people learn that fat white guys are more than our sexy bodies! We are people too!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    McDonald's is gross, In for five guys

Reported for McDonald's shaming.

But...but....I like em BOTH! Don't report!!!

crying.gif

I'm so distracted by the pigtails. WTH IS that?
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm just on my way to the gym.

I do believe I'll hit the golden arches on the way home!

thanks, OP!:flowerforyou:

Sidesteel: how EVER did you know? :wink:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

This is what i am interested in also.
    I cut down my mcdonalds intake once i actually started watching my calorie intake and not because its evil. My other half asked me to buy a big tasty. this alone has 835 calories. I also found that after mcdonalds you feel hungry not long after so stopped wasting my calories in there so often.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    They are the biggest and therefore are targeted. The irony is that since they are targeted they aren't so bad anymore, comparatively. I believe if he did this experiment at say Hardee's/Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box, Burger King, etc, he probably
    would have had much worse results. Not because of the food, but because they tend to be sloppier making their products
    which varies the calorie count wildly (again from when I used to work at those places.)
  • 4homer
    Options

What IS it about the place, is it the clown? The have a Ronald McDonald house that cancels out the potential evil clown thing. Then again they do have more variety which is why I guess they get chosen for things like 90 day whatevers. The place just seems to trigger this bizarre hostility and defensiveness and way too much personal investment.
    And other triggers for bizarre hostility on mfp are...pop-sweeteners-sugar-parenting-animals-anything sciencey with food, ect.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Wow. Someone got their knickers in a knot.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

And other triggers for bizarre hostility on mfp are...pop-sweeteners-sugar-parenting-animals-anything sciencey with food, ect.

Good to know. They should have a primer.