Replies

• Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    McDonald's is gross, In for five guys
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ... things like this just make me wonder why the human race is the dominant species.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Yes! I like them more then Elevation Burger.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.
    well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.
    well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!

People like different things? :laugh:

537.gif
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Reported for McDonald's shaming.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So what does 2000 calories at McD's actually get you... did the guy even get two meal a day?
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    im surprised at the risk this guy took. you may have lost weight but should be nervous for the havoc the chemicals and non-food will wreak on your body. maybe 3 months wasnt enough time to have long-term effects but that is NOT food and it is NOT good for your health.

their "meat" is made out of the same substance as yoga mats , and left out for a year, does not rot or look different at all
    THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE. USE YOUR BRAINS, IF POSSIBLE.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    im surprised at the risk this guy took. you may have lost weight but should be nervous for the havoc the chemicals and non-food will wreak on your body. maybe 3 months wasnt enough time to have long-term effects but that is NOT food and it is NOT good for your health.

their "meat" is made out of the same substance as yoga mats , and left out for a year, does not rot or look different at all

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

Oh and Bingo.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

No, i get that, my question was wether this whole thing was a fight point. McDonalds seems to be the polarizing fast food place of choice around here and there are so many to choose from.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this 90 day diet would work at Taco Bell?
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options

no.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I prefer Wendy's and Five Guys myself but isn't that just a matter of personal preference? Why is McDonald's singled out as the great evil? Does it make you a better person to hate McDonald's? Does it make you feel feel superior? I know for a fact that Five Guys doesn't serve fresh apples and milk.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    The difference between him and many McD's patrons is he exercised 45 minutes a day, tracked his intake, and limited his calories to 2000 a day.
    I don't think everybody really caught this.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Personally, I think McDonalds is delicious. My younger son prefers Wendy's but the older one could care less as long as he gets chicken nuggets. I usually just can't fit what I want into my calories without having to eat like a bird for the rest of the day, so I just nix it altogether and go think outside the bun at Taco Bell. I don't want a small fry and chicken nuggets... I want at least a medium with a nice greasy double cheeseburger. Yum!!
    ETA: Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is amazing though!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

Oh and Bingo.

Hence my query, the whole thing is like bear poking. On both sides of the poke pit.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    As fast food goes, I'm a big fan of McDonalds. It's very clear how many calories you are getting whenever you look at their menu. They are also very precise about their product. (at least when I worked there aeons ago.) If it says 300 calories it's probably a lot closer than say..Carl's Jr/Hardees.

I think it's humorous how anecdotal evidence that supports many people's beliefs get a "Yay" while those that don't are hailed as unscientific, useless, and uninformed.