90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    So what does 2000 calories at McD's actually get you... did the guy even get two meal a day?

McDonald's actually has a lot of healthier, lower calorie options, way more than something like 5 Guys: Egg McMuffins, even an egg white option, small hamburgers, Premium wraps, salads, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt parfaits, etc.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/meal_bundles/favoritesunder400.html

And yes, I actually like McDonald's Food.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    So what does 2000 calories at McD's actually get you... did the guy even get two meal a day?

This is what i am interested in also.
    I cut down my mcdonalds intake once i actually started watching my calorie intake and not because its evil. My other half asked me to buy a big tasty. this alone has 835 calories. I also found that after mcdonalds you feel hungry not long after so stopped wasting my calories in there so often.

Their double cheeseburger is only about 400 calories and loaded with protein. Keeps me full for ages. What were you eating there?
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.
    well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!

No, i get that, my question was wether this whole thing was a fight point. McDonalds seems to be the polarizing fast food place of choice around here and there are so many to choose from.
    McD's tends to be the fav place for people to bash but this post I believe was to show those people that mcdonalds can be just as healthy as any diet out there as long you eat in your cal needs and hit your macro's.

What IS it about the place, is it the clown? The have a Ronald McDonald house that cancels out the potential evil clown thing. Then again they do have more variety which is why I guess they get chosen for things like 90 day whatevers. The place just seems to trigger this bizarre hostility and defensiveness and way too much personal investment.

Wow. Someone got their knickers in a knot.

Not really, I'm just observing this from a new sort of perspective. Im not upset at all. Plus i'm not wearing knickers.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Yes, but as with the Professor who did the Twinkie diet et al. the LONG TERM effects have not been peer reviewed or calculated. There are plenty of people who look fantastic on the outside but have cholesterol issues or high blood pressure later in age due to high fat diets.
    They haven't been calculated, but you know the results anyway. Hooray for your clairvoyance.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    im surprised at the risk this guy took. you may have lost weight but should be nervous for the havoc the chemicals and non-food will wreak on your body. maybe 3 months wasnt enough time to have long-term effects but that is NOT food and it is NOT good for your health.

their "meat" is made out of the same substance as yoga mats , and left out for a year, does not rot or look different at all
    THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE. USE YOUR BRAINS, IF POSSIBLE.

2co1r92.jpg
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Just FYI, the Fat Head documentary does the same thing if anyone is interested. It does have a low carb slant but basically the documentary does a good job of pointing out why Super Size Me is ridiculous and confirming if you pay attention to your macros and amount of food McDonalds doesn't magically make you fat.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    :drinker:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    As always, it's calories in versus calories out for basic weight loss and maintenance. Nutritional value and health is different and more complex as we all know. You can still be super slim but have high cholesterol and blood pressure as with those who consistently eat at a massive calorie deficit over a long length of time to go and stay skinny but have osteoporosis or symptoms emulating lupus.

Guessing reading the article before commenting didn't happen? Or reading comprehension issues?
  • vinny76063
    vinny76063 Posts: 133 Member
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.

Exactly!!!!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.

I prefer Wendy's and Five Guys myself but isn't that just a matter of personal preference? Why is McDonald's singled out as the great evil? Does it make you a better person to hate McDonald's? Does it make you feel feel superior? I know for a fact that Five Guys doesn't serve fresh apples and milk.

Good point about the apple and milk menu options. According to the news story he regularly ordered oatmeal for breakfast as well. McDonald's is often picked on because they are the largest fast food chain in the world. That being said I think they have responded to some criticism in the past and now offer many more menu options than many competitors.

For the record I also like Five Guys, but I prefer the fries from Smashburger. Since McDonald's cancelled the Angus Burger and Chicken Selects where I live, my current favorite menu item is Mcdonalds Ice Cream
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Just FYI, the Fat Head documentary does the same thing if anyone is interested. It does have a low carb slant but basically the documentary does a good job of pointing out why Super Size Me is ridiculous and confirming if you pay attention to your macros and amount of food McDonalds doesn't magically make you fat.

Logic. I'm a fan.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member

well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!

No, i get that, my question was wether this whole thing was a fight point. McDonalds seems to be the polarizing fast food place of choice around here and there are so many to choose from.
    McD's tends to be the fav place for people to bash but this post I believe was to show those people that mcdonalds can be just as healthy as any diet out there as long you eat in your cal needs and hit your macro's.

What IS it about the place, is it the clown? The have a Ronald McDonald house that cancels out the potential evil clown thing. Then again they do have more variety which is why I guess they get chosen for things like 90 day whatevers. The place just seems to trigger this bizarre hostility and defensiveness and way too much personal investment.
    And other triggers for bizarre hostility on mfp are...pop-sweeteners-sugar-parenting-animals-anything sciencey with food, ect.

Good to know. They should have a primer.
    my point is anything can become a heated debate any time. Anyway Im getting off here because Im going to take my son to McDonalds for some yummy evil toxins! let the parent bashing commence!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

I prefer Wendy's and Five Guys myself but isn't that just a matter of personal preference? Why is McDonald's singled out as the great evil? Does it make you a better person to hate McDonald's? Does it make you feel feel superior? I know for a fact that Five Guys doesn't serve fresh apples and milk.

Thank you for proving my post. The escalating hostility earns you bonus points.

I think you get the points for passive aggressiveness. It's cute.

I truly have no hostility, I just get an absolute kick out of who these threads attract. You definitely took the bait. Good fish.

I asked legitimate questions. You chose not to answer.
  • Runner5AbelTownship

Good point about the apple and milk menu options. According to the news story he regularly ordered oatmeal for breakfast as well. McDonald's is often picked on because they are the largest fast food chain in the world. That being said I think they have responded to some criticism in the past and now offer many more menu options than many competitors.

For the record I also like Five Guys, but I prefer the fries from Smashburger. Since McDonald's cancelled the Angus Burger and Chicken Selects where I live, my current favorite menu item is Mcdonalds Ice Cream

I forgot about the oatmeal, it's really very good. And the egg McMuffin. Lots of the breakfast surf. The fry love escapes me though.
    Is there a group in the middle of all this back and forth?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member

This is what i am interested in also.
    I cut down my mcdonalds intake once i actually started watching my calorie intake and not because its evil. My other half asked me to buy a big tasty. this alone has 835 calories. I also found that after mcdonalds you feel hungry not long after so stopped wasting my calories in there so often.

Their double cheeseburger is only about 400 calories and loaded with protein. Keeps me full for ages. What were you eating there?

lucky for you.
    i would usually eat quarter pounder with cheese meal. thats about 800+
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    im surprised at the risk this guy took. you may have lost weight but should be nervous for the havoc the chemicals and non-food will wreak on your body. maybe 3 months wasnt enough time to have long-term effects but that is NOT food and it is NOT good for your health.

their "meat" is made out of the same substance as yoga mats , and left out for a year, does not rot or look different at all
    THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE. USE YOUR BRAINS, IF POSSIBLE.
    Nice Poe.
  • Runner5AbelTownship

I truly have no hostility, I just get an absolute kick out of who these threads attract. You definitely took the bait. Good fish.

Um, ok?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member

I have to admit, I love MickeyD's greasy McDoubles, chicken nuggets, quarter pounders, and even the Big Mac, and crave their soggy fries. I can't have them very often, as it takes up too much of my precious carbs and calories allotment, but that doesn't keep me from sneaking a couple of fries from my son.
    Don't know if I could eat only their food for 90 days tho. Definitely would be starving if I tried to do it while staying under my maintenance level. You don't get much food for the calories involved.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

Um, ok?

you are claiming the middle ground and yet that is what this thread was about. Do you not get that?
  • Runner5AbelTownship

And other triggers for bizarre hostility on mfp are...pop-sweeteners-sugar-parenting-animals-anything sciencey with food, ect.

Good to know. They should have a primer.
    my point is anything can become a heated debate any time. Anyway Im getting off here because Im going to take my son to McDonalds for some yummy evil toxins! let the parent bashing commence!

We are going for ice cream later. I'll be evil with you.