90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Options
The purpose of this thread is not to promote McDonald's (I personally would not want to eat there 90 days in a row). The point is that if you carefully track your caloric intake, along with fat, protein and carbs you can be successful. Fast food does not cause obesity, eating at surplus to your TDEE does. As this science professor and others have proved anyone can be successful despite the "evil food" industry we hear blamed so much for the obesity epidemic.

Before:

117sits.jpg

After:

20j5vv9.jpg

He watched his fat, protein, carbohydrate and cholesterol intake while limiting his intake to 2,000 calories a day. His entire class helped with the project and created meal plans that would fit his calories AND macro targets.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/health/2014/01/04/dnt-teacher-eats-only-mcdonalds-for-90-days.kcci.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2533353/Forget-Super-Size-Me-Man-loses-37lbs-lowers-cholesterol-eating-McDonalds-three-months.html

"John Cisna, a science teacher from Ankeny, Iowa, lost 37lbs and saw his cholesterol drop by a third in the three months that he ate nothing but McDonald's. He also saw his low-density lipoprotein, also known as 'bad cholesterol', drop from 173 to 113."

"During the three months, Mr Cisna - who admits that he didn't exercise or watch his calorie intake before the diet - also began walking for 45 minutes a day, a factor which no doubt contributed to the results."

'The point behind this documentary is it's our choices that make us fat, not McDonald's"

Replies

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I don't care what anyone says, I am in love with McD. Even watching "Super Size Me" makes me hungry forMcdonald's.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    In. Just in.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    thank you! Nice post!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I don't care what anyone says, I am in love with McD. Even watching "Super Size Me" makes me hungry for Mcdonald's.

I agree that "Super Size Me" was not a convincing documentary in regards to blaming McDonald's for the obesity epidemic. It was a nice demonstration about what happens when you eat at a surplus to your TDEE and don't sufficiently exercise.

"Super Size Me" = Making a documentary where you eat as many calories as you want (large surplus to TDEE) with no regard to fat, protein or carbohydrate intake, gain a lot of weight and then blame the restaurant where you ate for your results.

Clearly "Super Size Me" was NOT an IIFYM protocol.
  • pmm76
    pmm76 Posts: 158
    Options
    Very interesting perspective.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    In
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.

Inorite?

Who cares what his blood serum results are. McDonald's is the devil.

Or not.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    But who would want to eat McDonalds for 90 days? The food has no flavor and is just plain gross! Now Checkers is a totally different story...
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    And I bet he felt like **** for all 90 of them.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I don't care what anyone says, I am in love with McD. Even watching "Super Size Me" makes me hungry forMcdonald's.

Everyone told me I would never want to eat McDondals again after watching. Nope, I went there the day after watcing. Morgan Spurlock overate. He set parameters that you don't have to follow (always supersizing when asked, finishing everything). I was disgusted with the fact that he would eat until he threw up That is not healthy and not McDonalds fault.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I worked at McDonald for 5 years eating there probably 6 meals a week. I was never obese.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Uh oh. Do we have a true believer, folks?
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options

'The point behind this documentary is it's our choices that make us fat, not McDonald's"

I blame Obama
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    In
  • babydiego87
    Options
    I worked at McDonald for 5 years eating there probably 6 meals a week. I was never obese.
    Probably because you were running about so much! Never walked past a McDonald's and it's been empty.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Mmmm Fries
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Mm hmm.. right.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    As always, it's calories in versus calories out for basic weight loss and maintenance. Nutritional value and health is different and more complex as we all know. You can still be super slim but have high cholesterol and blood pressure as with those who consistently eat at a massive calorie deficit over a long length of time to go and stay skinny but have osteoporosis or symptoms emulating lupus.
  • babydiego87
    Options

Mm hmm.. right.
    Nice empty post. So worthwhile.