90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.
    well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!

I have to admit, I love MickeyD's greasy McDoubles, chicken nuggets, quarter pounders, and even the Big Mac, and crave their soggy fries. I can't have them very often, as it takes up too much of my precious carbs and calories allotment, but that doesn't keep me from sneaking a couple of fries from my son.
    Don't know if I could eat only their food for 90 days tho. Definitely would be starving if I tried to do it while staying under my maintenance level. You don't get much food for the calories involved.

Actually, a couple of people have already pointed out you can if you aren't going burger and fries meal deal for every meal.
    There is oatmeal, egg white option for egg mcmuffins, grilled chicken, wraps, salads, yogurt and berries, apple slices, etc. Even burgers for around 400 cal. Someone linked their under 400 calories menu.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    The link from the Wail suggests his diet consisted of:
    Fast food favorites: On a typical day, Mr Cisna ate two egg white delights, a bowl of maple oatmeal and one percent milk for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a value meal for dinner

You can get oatmeal at McDonalds? Who knew...
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.

I prefer Wendy's and Five Guys myself but isn't that just a matter of personal preference? Why is McDonald's singled out as the great evil? Does it make you a better person to hate McDonald's? Does it make you feel feel superior? I know for a fact that Five Guys doesn't serve fresh apples and milk.

Thank you for proving my post. The escalating hostility earns you bonus points.

I think you get the points for passive aggressiveness. It's cute.

I truly have no hostility, I just get an absolute kick out of who these threads attract. You definitely took the bait. Good fish.

Um, ok?

you are claiming the middle ground and yet that is what this thread was about. Do you not get that?

Yes, I got that. What I did not get, and what I was asking about is WHY it's so divisive and such a hot trigger point. FFS my reading comprehension is just fine. it's just seeing the hair trigger flying rages regarding something thats just a place like so many others that puzzles me.

Since I'm new i wondered if there was a history (there often is with threads) or if this really was such a divisive issue. I don't now why anyone would think I was upset, I'm simply bemused.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

well people tend to like different things, so yes it is possible people like Mcdonalds, i know it crazy!

I have to admit, I love MickeyD's greasy McDoubles, chicken nuggets, quarter pounders, and even the Big Mac, and crave their soggy fries. I can't have them very often, as it takes up too much of my precious carbs and calories allotment, but that doesn't keep me from sneaking a couple of fries from my son.
    Don't know if I could eat only their food for 90 days tho. Definitely would be starving if I tried to do it while staying under my maintenance level. You don't get much food for the calories involved.

Actually, a couple of people have already pointed out you can if you aren't going burger and fries meal deal.
    There is oatmeal, egg white option for egg mcmuffins, grilled chicken, salads, yogurt and berries, apple slices, etc. Even burgers for around 400 cal. Someone linked their under 400 calories menu.

Hence the irony over the McDonald's hating. The people who "hate" it have often not been in recently, and by recently I mean the last decade. I'm actually not a big fan of their burgers, but my kids like it there (surprise surprise) and I don't mind because of the meals we can put together for them.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member

I prefer Wendy's and Five Guys myself but isn't that just a matter of personal preference? Why is McDonald's singled out as the great evil? Does it make you a better person to hate McDonald's? Does it make you feel feel superior? I know for a fact that Five Guys doesn't serve fresh apples and milk.

Good point about the apple and milk menu options. According to the news story he regularly ordered oatmeal for breakfast as well. McDonald's is often picked on because they are the largest fast food chain in the world. That being said I think they have responded to some criticism in the past and now offer many more menu options than many competitors.

For the record I also like Five Guys, but I prefer the fries from Smashburger. Since McDonald's cancelled the Angus Burger and Chicken Selects where I live, my current favorite menu item is Mcdonalds Ice Cream

I forgot about the oatmeal, it's really very good. And the egg McMuffin. Lots of the breakfast surf. The fry love escapes me though.
    Is there a group in the middle of all this back and forth?

Would that be a group that thinks some foods are bad and some foods are good?
  • At almost any Fast Food, including McD's they have a Grilled Chicken Sandwich. I can name a healthy meal at almost any fast food place.
  • SunofaBeach14

I truly have no hostility, I just get an absolute kick out of who these threads attract. You definitely took the bait. Good fish.

Um, ok?

you are claiming the middle ground and yet that is what this thread was about. Do you not get that?

Yes, I got that. What I did not get, and what I was asking about is WHY it's so divisive and such a hot trigger point. FFS my reading comprehension is just fine. it's just seeing the hair trigger flying rages regarding something thats just a place like so many others that puzzles me.

Since I'm new i wondered if there was a history (there often is with threads) or if this really was such a divisive issue. I don't now why anyone would think I was upset, I'm simply bemused.

There is a small and very vocal group that seems hell bent on McDonald's destruction because it's just bad, and all evidence to the contrary be damned. It's not like I own stock in the place, I just don't get the rage. And hell, until this last year I probably ate their burgers less than 5 times in my entire life. I was myself rather surprised in early 2013 when I walked into one and saw the way the Happy Meal had been redone. I personally think that the company has the right idea.
  • Runner5AbelTownship

Good point about the apple and milk menu options. According to the news story he regularly ordered oatmeal for breakfast as well. McDonald's is often picked on because they are the largest fast food chain in the world. That being said I think they have responded to some criticism in the past and now offer many more menu options than many competitors.

For the record I also like Five Guys, but I prefer the fries from Smashburger. Since McDonald's cancelled the Angus Burger and Chicken Selects where I live, my current favorite menu item is Mcdonalds Ice Cream

I forgot about the oatmeal, it's really very good. And the egg McMuffin. Lots of the breakfast surf. The fry love escapes me though.

It would seem so. Of which I am a member, I'm perplexed as to why you and the other person seem to think I'm anything other. I certainly don't think my yoga mat is made out of meat.

Now I'm hungry. I'm going to go eat Mac and Cheese, I'm sure that will upset someone.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member

Actually, a couple of people have already pointed out you can if you aren't going burger and fries meal deal for every meal.
    There is oatmeal, egg white option for egg mcmuffins, grilled chicken, wraps, salads, yogurt and berries, apple slices, etc. Even burgers for around 400 cal. Someone linked their under 400 calories menu.

Yeah, but the fries are awesome!! I can make salads and wraps much healthier, tastier, and lower cal at home. If I'm going to pay for food at McD's, I want the good unhealthy stuff!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.

Exactly...I don't need to put my hand in a fire to know its hot. Not thanks McPukes makes me do just that puke. I used to like McDonalds like alot of people but after not touching it for years I don't have a taste for it anymore...and that is fine with me. I really don't even understand how people will fight and defend their McDonalds so agressively...people did without fast food for century's however did the human race survive?

I'm not defending "my" McDonalds. I'm arguing against the idea that one specific type of food or restaurant makes us fat.
  • QuietBloom
    So what does 2000 calories at McD's actually get you... did the guy even get two meal a day?

This is what i am interested in also.
    I cut down my mcdonalds intake once i actually started watching my calorie intake and not because its evil. My other half asked me to buy a big tasty. this alone has 835 calories. I also found that after mcdonalds you feel hungry not long after so stopped wasting my calories in there so often.

Their double cheeseburger is only about 400 calories and loaded with protein. Keeps me full for ages. What were you eating there?

lucky for you.
    i would usually eat quarter pounder with cheese meal. thats about 800+

Lucky? Not really. I chose it to eat. They list the calories of their food.
  • Runner5AbelTownship

Um, ok?

There is a small and very vocal group that seems hell bent on McDonald's destruction because it's just bad, and all evidence to the contrary be damned. It's not like I own stock in the place, I just don't get the rage. And hell, until this last year I probably ate their burgers less than 5 times in my entire life. I was myself rather surprised in early 2013 when I walked into one and saw the way the Happy Meal had been redone. I personally think that the company has the right idea.

Well then, see you and I share the same opinion and have from the onset of this thread. I think their lunch and dinner food is gross, not immoral. I just came late to the argument, It's like going to a friends house for Thanksgiving and not quite understanding what everyone is so angry about.

Edited to add that I also think Burger Kings food is nasty because the taste never leaves your mouth and Taco Bell always makes me farty. I thought I should practice full disclosure.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    So what does 2000 calories at McD's actually get you... did the guy even get two meal a day?

This is what i am interested in also.
    I cut down my mcdonalds intake once i actually started watching my calorie intake and not because its evil. My other half asked me to buy a big tasty. this alone has 835 calories. I also found that after mcdonalds you feel hungry not long after so stopped wasting my calories in there so often.

Their double cheeseburger is only about 400 calories and loaded with protein. Keeps me full for ages. What were you eating there?

lucky for you.
    i would usually eat quarter pounder with cheese meal. thats about 800+

Lucky? Not really. I chose it to eat. They list the calories of their food.

lucky that it keeps u full for ages.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member

Um, ok?

Well then, see you and I share the same opinion and have from the onset of this thread. I think their lunch and dinner food is gross, not immoral. I just came late to the argument, It's like going to a friends house for Thanksgiving and not quite understanding what everyone is so angry about.

exactly, if u dont like it walk on by. if you like it and it fits your macros eat it. the poster who says it makes them puke, tad dramatic.
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    I agree that "Super Size Me" was not a convincing documentary in regards to blaming McDonald's for the obesity epidemic. It was a nice demonstration about what happens when you eat at a surplus to your TDEE and don't sufficiently exercise.

"Super Size Me" = Making a documentary where you eat as many calories as you want (large surplus to TDEE) with no regard to fat, protein or carbohydrate intake, gain a lot of weight and then blame the restaurant where you ate for your results.

Clearly "Super Size Me" was NOT an IIFYM protocol.

This.
  • QuietBloom
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.

Exactly...I don't need to put my hand in a fire to know its hot. No thanks McPukes makes me do just that puke. I used to like McDonalds like alot of people but after not touching it for years I don't have a taste for it anymore...and that is fine with me. I really don't even understand how people will fight and defend their McDonalds so agressively...people did without fast food for century's however did the human race survive?

33dzimd.jpg
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    McDonalds burgers are generally pretty low calorie.
    I'd find it easier to overeat at home than at McDonalds - especially because it's generally a lot cheaper too!
    im surprised at the risk this guy took. you may have lost weight but should be nervous for the havoc the chemicals
    I heard they have DHMO in ALL their drinks!
    and non-food will wreak on your body.
    Yea; probably best to law off eating the straws, actually!

but that is NOT food and it is NOT good for your health.
    His plan WAS good for his health.
    Please provide a good reason why it would not be good for health.

Lots of basic food does not change when left out in certain environments. I suggest YOU think about it first :).
  • QuietBloom

It would seem so. Of which I am a member, I'm perplexed as to why you and the other person seem to think I'm anything other. I certainly don't think my yoga mat is made out of meat.

Now I'm hungry. I'm going to go eat Mac and Cheese, I'm sure that will upset someone.

Perplexed by the yoga mat comment, but OK.

There are no foods that are 'good' or 'bad'.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    'The point behind this documentary is it's our choices that make us fat, not McDonald's"

And the real question then becomes "why do so many people repeatedly make choices which keep them fat for so long?"

Has there been a massive moral collapse in the last 20-30 years meaning the majority of people in Western societies (given the majority of people are either overweight or obese) simply have no willpower or discipline any more? Is there something else going on? If so what and how do we rectify it?

All this story really tells us is that diet and exercise leads to short term weight loss and improved health markers. In other breaking news water is discovered to be wet..
  • SunofaBeach14

Um, ok?

Edited to add that I also think Burger Kings food is nasty because the taste never leaves your mouth and Taco Bell always makes me farty. I thought I should practice full disclosure.

It's a matter of taste. I honestly don't get people getting worked up about food they don't like. Then again, I'm the type that will eat just about any food that is prepared properly. My question then about feeling superior stands. Why even say "oh it's gross?" What's the benefit?