90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Options

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    But who would want to eat McDonalds for 90 days? The food has no flavor and is just plain gross! Now Checkers is a totally different story...

I have a feeling these type of results would be possible at Checkers as well. It would just take some careful meal planning using the data found here:
    http://www.checkers.com/pdf/nutritional_information.pdf
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    As always, it's calories in versus calories out for basic weight loss and maintenance. Nutritional value and health is different and more complex as we all know. You can still be super slim but have high cholesterol and blood pressure as with those who consistently eat at a massive calorie deficit over a long length of time to go and stay skinny but have osteoporosis or symptoms emulating lupus.

Did you read it? His cholesterol IMPROVED.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    And I bet he felt like **** for all 90 of them.

Mm hmm.. right.
    Nice empty post. So worthwhile.

I think the pic alone was worth the price of admission . . .
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Good for him for losing weight.

The difference between him and many McD's patrons is he exercised 45 minutes a day, tracked his intake, and limited his calories to 2000 a day.

There's a McD's 3 blocks from my house. Obese people go in there all the time and slurp up or scarf down meals with enormous amounts of calories -- eating as entertainment. Some of them are shockingly overweight and can barely walk across the parking lot. I don't see carloads of huge people standing in line at the local Thai restaurant to get a plate of rice and vegetables.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Good for him for losing weight.

The difference between him and many McD's patrons is he exercised 45 minutes a day, tracked his intake, and limited his calories to 2000 a day.

There's a McD's 3 blocks from my house. Obese people go in there all the time and slurp up or scarf down meals with enormous amounts of calories -- eating as entertainment. Some of them are shockingly overweight and can barely walk across the parking lot. I don't see carloads of huge people standing in line at the local Thai restaurant to get a plate of rice and vegetables.

Okay. So you've noticed a correlation. Does that matter? Is there a point? Or did you completely miss the point on calories in vs. calories out, weight loss, and healthier blood work? Are your cherished nutrition beliefs so sacred that you can't have them challenged?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Mm hmm.. right.
    Nice empty post. So worthwhile.

What I want to say would get me a strike. :flowerforyou:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

IN.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yes, but as with the Professor who did the Twinkie diet et al. the LONG TERM effects have not been peer reviewed or calculated. There are plenty of people who look fantastic on the outside but have cholesterol issues or high blood pressure later in age due to high fat diets.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I could drink their white chocolate mochas every day.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I worked at McDonald for 5 years eating there probably 6 meals a week. I was never obese.
    Probably because you were running about so much! Never walked past a McDonald's and it's been empty.

Right because what matters is calories in vs. calories out and micro and macro nutrient content. It's possible to eat less than I burn and to include adequate nutrients while still eating McDonalds.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So eating at a deficit and exercising a lot leads to weight loss, no matter where you buy your food.

Knock me over with a feather.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Just the smell alone puts me off.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Lol.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    As always, it's calories in versus calories out for basic weight loss and maintenance. Nutritional value and health is different and more complex as we all know. You can still be super slim but have high cholesterol and blood pressure as with those who consistently eat at a massive calorie deficit over a long length of time to go and stay skinny but have osteoporosis or symptoms emulating lupus.

Double lol
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Now I want a greasy cheeseburger and delicious soggy fries... thanks! Love me some McDonalds!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I like McDonalds, but 90 days?? :sick:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

I saw an obese person eat a banana the other day. Haven't touched one since.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I saw an obese person eat a banana the other day. Haven't touched one since.
    stop watching me eat bananas you perv! gah!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Bumbitty bump
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I get the whole (although I think it's a beyond silly First World dispute) between the two seemingly ever divided camps regarding what is ok to eat. Wether or not thats anyones business is another conversation but, do you guys really LIKE McDonalds food? Or is this just bear poking?

I'm inclined to ask because I can't stand it and neither can my son, although the eggnog shakes and dipped cones rock, and we aren't True Believers of either camp. We end up at Wendy's just because they seem to have higher quality food.