90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Options

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Although I'm in for an occasional Big Mac or Quarter Pounder, I do not know how this guy actually ate ther for 90 days. I just don't enjoy the food that much. Now I could go there for coffee every day, I do love that, but to eat a meal there every day not so much.

I agree it is all about calories in vs calories out, does not really matter what the food is to lose weight. Now if we are talking what to eat to feel your best, that is another discussion.

I totally agree with this. To feel my best I need Krispy Kreme donuts and good IPA.

You'd kick *kitten* at this then

2400 calories, 12 doughnuts, 5 miles, 1 hour. The mantra of the Krispy Kreme Challenge epitomizes the test of physical fitness and gastrointestinal fortitude. What started as a challenge among ten friends has transformed into a nationally publicized charity race, and the number one tradition to complete before graduating from North Carolina State University. - See more at: http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/ourstory#sthash.qg41N33M.dpuf

Minimalist posted this a while back and while I love the concept, I'd puke if I wasn't allowed to eat the donuts afterwards. Damn, I love Krispy Kreme though. I'm pretty sure that the angels eat those things. I may have to swing by my local shop. lol
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I haven't had McDonalds in a while over a year and haIf I do miss it. Those Big Macs and large fries are delicious!!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like McDonalds, but 90 days?? :sick:

90 days in HEAVEN !

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg

I actually do this a lot.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I like McDonalds, but 90 days?? :sick:

90 days in HEAVEN !

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg

I actually do this a lot.

I;m not going to lie, I kinda really want that. But then again, I'm pregnant and pretty much want any food I see lately.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Although I'm in for an occasional Big Mac or Quarter Pounder, I do not know how this guy actually ate ther for 90 days. I just don't enjoy the food that much. Now I could go there for coffee every day, I do love that, but to eat a meal there every day not so much.

I agree it is all about calories in vs calories out, does not really matter what the food is to lose weight. Now if we are talking what to eat to feel your best, that is another discussion.

I totally agree with this. To feel my best I need Krispy Kreme donuts and good IPA.

2400 calories, 12 doughnuts, 5 miles, 1 hour. The mantra of the Krispy Kreme Challenge epitomizes the test of physical fitness and gastrointestinal fortitude. What started as a challenge among ten friends has transformed into a nationally publicized charity race, and the number one tradition to complete before graduating from North Carolina State University. - See more at: http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/ourstory#sthash.qg41N33M.dpuf

Minimalist posted this a while back and while I love the concept, I'd puke if I wasn't allowed to eat the donuts afterwards. Damn, I love Krispy Kreme though. I'm pretty sure that the angels eat those things. I may have to swing by my local shop. lol

Yes! I loved this idea so much I had to do it on my own (since there is not an official doughnut race near where I live)

Here is the video to prove it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSUjMXlqbhQ

59:08 just below the 60 minute cutoff.

If I could do it again I would run the first 2.5 miles faster and eat my 15 donuts faster (15 x 160 calories = 2,400 calories total) so that I could run the last 2.5 miles a little slower (which may have been easier on my full stomach). Please note I had to eat 15 doughnuts instead of 12 to equal the same 2,400 calorie target based on the 160 calorie doughnuts (with no trans fats) I purchased.

I still hit my calorie/macro targets that week (I exercise a lot and use weekly calorie/macro tracking so that my low calorie days and higher calorie days balance each other out)

I also ran a beer mile race this fall (and will enter another one in the spring)
    http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer#rules

I had a pretty easy time fitting the beer into my calorie/macro targets and it was a lot of fun!

For the record, I did not consume doughnuts or beer during my first marathon this fall, but I do consume foods to challenge my digestive system during training runs. This will come in handy when I start running ultra marathons this year (where eating DURING the race becomes more important).

exercise.png
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Yes! I loved this idea so much I had to do it on my own (since there is not an official doughnut race near where I live)
    You sir, are my hero.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    90 days? I feel pretty horrible if I eat fast food once...Id take eating grilled chicken and drinking water and somehow gaining weight over losing weight and eating McDs any day of the week.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You sir, are my hero.

^this
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

If I could do it again I would run the first 2.5 miles faster and eat my 15 donuts faster (15 x 160 calories = 2,400 calories total) so that I could run the last 2.5 miles a little slower (which may have been easier on my full stomach). Please note I had to eat 15 doughnuts instead of 12 to equal the same 2,400 calorie target based on the 160 calorie doughnuts (with no trans fats) I purchased.

I still hit my calorie/macro targets that week (I exercise a lot and use weekly calorie/macro tracking so that my low calorie days and higher calorie days balance each other out)

I also ran a beer mile race this fall (and will enter another one in the spring)

I had a pretty easy time fitting the beer into my calorie/macro targets and it was a lot of fun!

For the record, I did not consume doughnuts or beer during my first marathon this fall, but I do consume foods to challenge my digestive system during training runs. This will come in handy when I start running ultra marathons this year (where eating DURING the race becomes more important).

Please stop making the rest of us lazy *kitten* look bad . . . lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I have never attempted the Krispy Kreme challenge but can say from experience the beer mile is no small feat. I've seen guys who run a 5 minute mile clock a 20 minute beer mile. (I've only done one leg, that was pre-pregnancy obviously).
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

I have never attempted the Krispy Kreme challenge but can say from experience the beer mile is no small feat. I've seen guys who run a 5 minute mile clock a 20 minute beer mile. (I've only done one leg, that was pre-pregnancy obviously).

Leave it to MFP to make me feel very inadequate.

*checks pants*

humph!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    90 days? I feel pretty horrible if I eat fast food once...Id take eating grilled chicken and drinking water and somehow gaining weight over losing weight and eating McDs any day of the week.
    McDonalds has grilled chicken sandwiches you know. Made with real chicken too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    So... Yoga mats taste like hamburgers? Interesting.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    So... Yoga mats taste like hamburgers? Interesting.

Yeah. That's my take home message from this thread...
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate , fatties gonna fat.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    wow
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.

^^^^ I concur ^^^^

OK, so that's two people who didn't read the post. LOL

Not everyone has made the transition to typing like a 16 year old. Some of us come from a time when there were only a few select acronyms to choose from.

You are funny....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Inb4:

Yeah but there's no telling what all those toxins are doing. He might have lost weight but it doesn't mean he's healthy.

^^^^ I concur ^^^^

OK, so that's two people who didn't read the post. LOL

Not everyone has made the transition to typing like a 16 year old. Some of us come from a time when there were only a few select acronyms to choose from.

You are funny....

LOL I was joking, but in all honesty I really don't know what alot of these abbrivations are most of the time. Sigh... guess its true I finally am that old! :happy:

lol - I have to use google-fu a lot of the time myself. When I started work internet use was not common at all, so I have had to learn a new 'language' in a way. OK...now I really aged myself.

This is useful:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/
  • mike9113
    Options
    I am more curious as to the exercise he did? 1 post says he just walked for 45 mins. a day? Was that all the exercise he did, was there more? and what were the details to the walking? in doors / out doors? treadmill ? Does anybody have his email address? I would like to ask him these questions. Im NOT doubting him. I've just noticed very little details on the exercise part and would like to know more.