90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I was not counting SideSteel's post.

ThePezzle Robot: Error 660, reading comperhension failure. *bzzt* Must consume McDonalds fuel.

'sOK. Will forgive. THIS time.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    I like McDonalds, but 90 days?? :sick:

90 days in HEAVEN !

20130926_123628-1_20130926131325730.jpg

wow what is that. never seen this in Mcdonalds UK

I think it's a quarter pounder with cheese and bacon betwen two chicken Mcsandwich patties.

At least that's the closest you'd get in the UK.

I'm all for Mickey D's and bacon, but this just looks waaaay over the top to me. LOL!
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    It's often the exception that proves the rule :)

Not sure if srs...:huh:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Seeing that the chicken burgers are 50% carbs or something anyway, makes sense to use them instead of the bread :).
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    For me, basically, I think the only thing some fast foods have that I am hesitant to touch is Trans Fat.

Good point about trans fats. I believe most people will acknowledge that they are not healthy and should be avoided. I try my best to keep my trans fat consumption as close to zero as possible even while consuming fast food.

To play devils advocate, trans fats can be found in many baked goods and grocery store items. This is not just a problem with the fast food industry. One advantage of visiting fast food chains (as a consumer in the US) is that restaurants with over a certain number of locations publish nutritional data. This is not always the case with your local mom and pop sit down restaurant (where you may be consuming trans fats and not be aware of it).

http://healthyliving.msn.com/diseases/cholesterol/22-worst-foods-for-trans-fat-1

If you are concerned about this start looking for "partially hydrogenated" in your food item ingredient list instead of just "trans fat" on the nutrition label.

"For example, in the United States if a food has less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving, the food label can read 0 grams trans fat. Though that's a small amount of trans fat, if you eat multiple servings of foods with less than 0.5 grams of trans fat, you could exceed recommended limits."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/trans-fat/ART-20046114

I have a lot to say about this topic but feel like it might be better addressed in another thread
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Still gonna be hard to convince "natural" or "organic" eaters that McDonald's doesn't account for the growing obesity population. Personally I like eating there once a week and have since 1972. Still haven't had any of the issues that have been claimed by some who state in 10 years consuming it my health would decline.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

90 days in HEAVEN !

I think it's a quarter pounder with cheese and bacon betwen two chicken Mcsandwich patties.

I'm all for Mickey D's and bacon, but this just looks waaaay over the top to me. LOL!

That's actually the McDouble Down Bacon Ranch Edition.

705 calories, 44g protein.

Invented by none other than MFP member, Jonnythan. See this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105196-the-mcdouble-down?hl=mcdouble+down
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump look at Frosty go
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    im surprised at the risk this guy took. you may have lost weight but should be nervous for the havoc the chemicals and non-food will wreak on your body. maybe 3 months wasnt enough time to have long-term effects but that is NOT food and it is NOT good for your health.

their "meat" is made out of the same substance as yoga mats , and left out for a year, does not rot or look different at all
    THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE. USE YOUR BRAINS, IF POSSIBLE.
    LOL. I love it when people spread rumors that aren't true, then tell others to, "use their brain."
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    For me, basically, I think the only thing some fast foods have that I am hesitant to touch is Trans Fat.

Good point about trans fats. I believe most people will acknowledge that they are not healthy and should be avoided. I try my best to keep my trans fat consumption as close to zero as possible even while consuming fast food.

To play devils advocate, trans fats can be found in many baked goods and grocery store items. This is not just a problem with the fast food industry. One advantage of visiting fast food chains (as a consumer in the US) is that restaurants with over a certain number of locations publish nutritional data. This is not always the case with your local mom and pop sit down restaurant (where you may be consuming trans fats and not be aware of it).

http://healthyliving.msn.com/diseases/cholesterol/22-worst-foods-for-trans-fat-1

If you are concerned about this start looking for "partially hydrogenated" in your food item ingredient list instead of just "trans fat" on the nutrition label.

"For example, in the United States if a food has less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving, the food label can read 0 grams trans fat. Though that's a small amount of trans fat, if you eat multiple servings of foods with less than 0.5 grams of trans fat, you could exceed recommended limits."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/trans-fat/ART-20046114

I have a lot to say about this topic but feel like it might be better addressed in another thread
    This is why I'm glad the FDA has actually started the process of completely banning trans fats.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's often the exception that proves the rule :)

Not sure if srs...:huh:

Basically I am aware of and in agreement with the concerns regarding the recent promotions, which includes the exception. The exception serves to highlight the value of the majority of the promotions, but whether that makes it necessary is another matter.:flowerforyou:
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Calories in Vs calories out = weight loss. Yes.
    Quality = health.

Don't try to change the subject people. Everyone knows this isn't healthy, just talking weight loss.

How do we define, calculate, or measure healthiness?
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Quality = health.

Don't try to change the subject people. Everyone knows this isn't healthy, just talking weight loss.

Also, how do we define, calculate, or measure 'quality'. Does it involve the word 'clean'? :D
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Although I'm in for an occasional Big Mac or Quarter Pounder, I do not know how this guy actually ate ther for 90 days. I just don't enjoy the food that much. Now I could go there for coffee every day, I do love that, but to eat a meal there every day not so much.

I agree it is all about calories in vs calories out, does not really matter what the food is to lose weight. Now if we are talking what to eat to feel your best, that is another discussion.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Quality = health.

Also, how do we define, calculate, or measure 'quality'. Does it involve the word 'clean'? :D

In again, 'cause the elephant is loose in the room.

mr-clean.jpg?w=300&h=300
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

90 days in HEAVEN !

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105196-the-mcdouble-down?hl=mcdouble+down

I thought it was the McAtkins Double.:tongue:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Although I'm in for an occasional Big Mac or Quarter Pounder, I do not know how this guy actually ate ther for 90 days. I just don't enjoy the food that much. Now I could go there for coffee every day, I do love that, but to eat a meal there every day not so much.

I agree it is all about calories in vs calories out, does not really matter what the food is to lose weight. Now if we are talking what to eat to feel your best, that is another discussion.

I totally agree with this. To feel my best I need Krispy Kreme donuts and good IPA.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

90 days in HEAVEN !

I thought it was the McAtkins Double.:tongue:

Only if you don't understand the carb content of those chicken patties.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this. To feel my best I need Krispy Kreme donuts and good IPA.

You'd kick *kitten* at this then

2400 calories, 12 doughnuts, 5 miles, 1 hour. The mantra of the Krispy Kreme Challenge epitomizes the test of physical fitness and gastrointestinal fortitude. What started as a challenge among ten friends has transformed into a nationally publicized charity race, and the number one tradition to complete before graduating from North Carolina State University. - See more at: http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/ourstory#sthash.qg41N33M.dpuf