90 Days Mcdonald's Diet with results

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I am more curious as to the exercise he did? 1 post says he just walked for 45 mins. a day? Was that all the exercise he did, was there more? and what were the details to the walking? in doors / out doors? treadmill ? Does anybody have his email address? I would like to ask him these questions. Im NOT doubting him. I've just noticed very little details on the exercise part and would like to know more.
    I won't post it on here because MFP doesn't take very good care of our personal data (never mind the spiders that would abstract it anyway), but you can contact him by email from the page on his school website.
    http://www.colo-nesco.k12.ia.us/staff
    (Isn't the web a wonderful thing?)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I am more curious as to the exercise he did? 1 post says he just walked for 45 mins. a day? Was that all the exercise he did, was there more? and what were the details to the walking? in doors / out doors? treadmill ? Does anybody have his email address? I would like to ask him these questions. Im NOT doubting him. I've just noticed very little details on the exercise part and would like to know more.
    I won't post it on here because MFP doesn't take very good care of our personal data (never mind the spiders that would abstract it anyway), but you can contact him by email from the page on his school website.
    http://www.colo-nesco.k12.ia.us/staff
    (Isn't the web a wonderful thing?)

It would be awesome if he would join MFP and share his wisdom from us! In particular I would like to hear more about what his students thought before and after the experiment and what if any feedback he received from their parents.

exercise.png
  • So at the end of the day, as long as you take care of your body, you can eat whatever you want.!!
  • geebusuk
    Options
    So at the end of the day, as long as you take care of your body, you can eat whatever you want.!!
    Certainly it's a lot less important than so many would have us believe, I'd say :).
  • caticlark444
    Options
    This is my teacher! Also to a question I saw asked in someone else's post, he was just walking for 45 minutes a day, often on the track outside the school. Thats the only exercise he was doing. Everyone at our school thought his experiment was really interesting, although a lot of us certainly didn't expect the outcome to be this dramatic. He's a really really smart man. Proud to have him teaching at Colo-Nesco!
  • FabulouslyMade
    Options
    Wow!!
  • TpocketT60
    TpocketT60 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For the record I also like Five Guys, but I prefer the fries from Smashburger.

Reading through the thread, I just had to comment on this... WHAT!? Five Guys has, hands down, the best fries out there. Had Smashburger for the first time recently, and they are awful. I'm so confused.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    LOL, all the "clean", "natural", "organic", and " processed food is the devil" people are really getting their jimmies rustled by this. They just mad that this guy lost more weight at a faster rate than they did. OMG the toxins!
  • ronniecelle5
    Options
    I agree with you 110%.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Fascinating read. Someone should do a comparable trial with KFC. . . for science.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Fascinating read. Someone should do a comparable trial with KFC. . . for science.

please no, i dont want anyone saying its not real chicken
  • stryder2807
    stryder2807 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    In. Just in.

in...because you are in ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    And I bet he felt like **** for all 90 of them.

Mm hmm.. right.
    Nice empty post. So worthwhile.

and your have been so enlightening...
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

please no, i dont want anyone saying its not real chicken
    But you just said it. :sad:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Update:

In this video he says he will continue the diet until March 15th and increase exercise levels (he was walking 45 minutes a day until now):

http://www.today.com/health/man-loses-nearly-40-lbs-eating-only-mcdonalds-2D11863528

In regards to the concern about sodium intake raised in the video, we need more context before we can reach any conclusions:

http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/pass-salt?page=single

As much as I run, my biggest concern is consuming too little sodium, not consuming too much. Of course those with high blood pressure, etc. may have legitimate concerns about limiting sodium intake.

exercise.png
  • geebusuk
    Options
    Sodium levels can be an issue if you have high blood pressures and the like.
    If you don't, then I don't see the problem particularly.
  • Anita_hoar12345
    Options
    He ate healthier foods like salads and ****. If he ate burgers and fries everyday he'd probably feel like *kitten*. You could lose weight eating only big macs but it would probably give you gut rot or some nasty diarea. I ****ing hate rotten ronnies I hate fake *kitten* pink slime burgers. I buy ground beef and make my own burger patties. I don't blame the food industry for obesity but they could have nutrition information posted in the restaurant somewhere like wendy's has one on the wall you can check what you are going to order and make healtheir choices because people don't know what they are eating. Those restaurants use too much sodium they really don't need that much in one meal wtf
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Egg whites upset me. That poor yolk. Don't fear the yolk.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I hate fake *kitten* pink slime burgers.

43727212.jpg