Anyone starting 30 Day Shred soon? Sept 2010

Options

Replies

• ren315
    ren315 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I shredded this morning, L1D2. I am very sore now at work, my arms are really feeling the pain!! Keep up the good work and maybe I won't notice it as much in a few days.

Ceredonia....thanks for the advise with the dumbbells, I will try it tomorrow and let you know how I did!
  • ceredonia
    Options
    Just finished L1D1...I think I overly psyched myself out, because it wasn't terrible like I was expecting! I'm still sweating buckets and couldn't breathe near the end of quite a few of the moves (freakin jumping jacks and crunches still kill me), but it wasn't too bad. I like Jillian's no-nonsense attitude, and Anita is definitely the one I'm watching! LOL.

I was only going to do a MWF routine, but I think I'll try to do it daily. I guess I might change my mind once I wake up sore tomorrow, but right now only my arms are a little sore. Maybe I just didn't give it my all? I'll try harder tomorrow!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I SO want to start this, but I'm terribly intimidated. I think I'll stick out my two-month gym membership and then start after that--doing both at once, plus work and classes, would probably kill me!
  • llocke5
    Options
    I actually started the 30 Day Shred video last night. I have been going to the gym on M-W-F and started the Couch to 5K program on Sunday to do during my off days from the gym. I was going to do my Week 1 Day 2 of C25K last night, but was nursing a blister on my heel from Week 1, Day 1, so opted to do the 30 Day Shred instead. Honestly, I sweated more doing that video than I did being on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

It does provide a great workout in minimal time. I do the girl push-ups because I am just not fit enough to do the regular push-ups right now, and I don't go all they way down in the lunges because my knees crack and pop like Rice Crispies right now.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D9 and I think my body is getting use to this level 1! While I still can't complete the 1st cardio part (jumping jacks & jump rope) without stopping, the rest of it I can get through like nothing! I can feel the stretches in my muscles but nothing is painful anymore. :happy:

Bring on level 2 (Friday)!
  • mommashelbs
    Options
    I just started the shred this morning and was quite surprised with how uncorrdinated I was. I was having a hard time keeping up with the abs/strength! Exhale, inhale ...I always get mixed up, lol. Anyway, it was interesting and I'm hoping I can stick with it! Good luck to everyone!

I may have had some difficulties today because I was using 5 lb weights instead of 2 or 3 lbs. Hopefully tomorrow is more promising now that I bought 3 lb weights. I have no problem with the cardio part and I actually enjoy the break from abs/strength, lol.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm back! Fell off for a little bit, but I am ready to start again. I figured since it had been a week, I would start over.

I do have a question for those of you that can help me out. I had a cyst removed from the top of my wrist a month and a half ago. I cannot do push-ups, bending my wrist that way and then putting my weight on it, is just not possible. It may sound stupid, but I have to do them the girl way and use fists instead of flat palms to the ground. It works, but I am not sure if I getting the benefits of a regular push-up.

What do you think?
    Also for those of you that are on level 2, do you think that it will be hard for me as well?

Lauren

I used my hands until I got to L2... It kind of irritates my wrists when I do all of the stuff she wants us to do in that position. I imagine it would be much worse for you! Now I use my handweights instead of doing it straight on my hands. I haven't tried fists. Maybe you could make it even easier and try using something about bed-height instead of doing it on the ground?

I had to skip day 4 yesterday because I had NO time to do anything! So L2D4 (I think? Losing count again...) tonight! I took a nap today and it was a nice long one... But because of it I haven't eaten hardly anything! The past 2 or 3 days I've gone over though, so I'm not too worried about being under for one day!

I've gotten behind on all the comments, but good luck to those joining and keep up the good work to everyone else! :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    L1D4 under my belt :) Felt great, sweated my *kitten* off, love it!!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    L1D4 under my belt :) Felt great, sweated my *kitten* off, love it!!

Congrats!

I :heart: L2 even though I am not good at planks! Finished up L2D1 today. It was nice to feel the different muscles being use today compared to yesterday. However, I think I've done something to my left shoulder, it just feels ... off.
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I just finished L1D4 today...I'm trying my best, but I am terrible with the push ups and the lunge strength training move towards the end...I'm hoping to get stronger, but not feeling it yet. Definitely watching Anita!! :wink:
  • xLyric
    Options
    L2D5 down, though I almost didn't log it I was so lazy with it. I couldn't hardly catch my breath and felt pukey, so I might be getting sick? Heard you can get pukey when it's almost that special time of the month? :\

mikki, I am the same way with push ups BUT this far in I get into the plank and I CAN GO DOWN. I can officially do a grown up manly man push up. :laugh: I can probably only do 1 but hey, 1 is more than nothing! As you get further it gets easier gradually.

Clarissa, I like this level too, seems shorter. :bigsmile: When I do jumping jacks my legs feel weird though...
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Heard you can get pukey when it's almost that special time of the month? :\

I do, and I get extremely tired fairly quickly. Not only that, I can't have anything with caffeine in it because it feels like someone is trying to rip out my insides! Which makes it double bad, because usually all I want is chocolate!
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    L2D2 in the books. Holy shoulder soreness batman! It hurt even to lift them above my head for jumping jacks.... not to mention the planks. Hopefully this strengthening will take care of my shoulder pain!
  • xLyric
    Options
    Holy shoulder soreness batman!

:laugh:

L2D6? ...Yeah? Maybe? I'll go with that. :glasses: Weigh in's tomorrow, didn't wimp out as bad as last night! Still took breaks, but I'm getting better! My wrists kind of hurt from all the plank though. :grumble:
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I go through phases of working out but lately I've been able to stick with it. I've gotten up to jogging 1/4 mile without stopping. I try to get in several 3 mile walks a week with my dog, and the gym when I can. Now that I've read this post you've all got me excited to try working out at home! I've tried it before but found myself cheating my way through it. But now I have motivation! I just started my weight loss journey (for what feels like the hundredth time!) a few weeks ago. I think the 30ds is just what I need to jump start it! I think I'll go buy it tomorrow and start this week! Thanks ladies!
  • xLyric
    Options
    AHA! I KNEW I was counting wrong! If I started on the 29th, took two days off somewhere inbetween, then TODAY is day TEN of level 2 for me. Hot damn, that's freaking awesome. I am SO over planks. :laugh:

(Now if anyone redoes the counting and I made a mistake somewhere and this is really day 2 or something... Don't tell me about it. :bigsmile: )

Meg, that's great! It sounds like you already get good workouts in so this will be no problem for you! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    L2D1 aaahhh, soo much harder than L1, bearly did half of it and was knackard
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    So.... since starting this crazy program on the 7th, I went from not being able to fit into a pair of jeans because they were too tight on my thighs to now the pair of jeans is too big. I have to buy jeans based on my thighs because of their lovely girth :laugh: so the waist is always huge! Went out and bought a couple cheaper pairs of cotton knit pants (not sweats) to try to get me through because I cannot afford to buy new jeans at the moment.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    Options
    Finished L2D3. Also bought a bikini today (might as well buy them when they are cheap because of the season change right?) to start taking progress pictures. All I can say about this first bunch is ... oy. o_O
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    L1D5 DONE! :drinker: Woot Woot :drinker: Now that my 5k is over, I'm thinking about going to every other day for shred. And maybe, just maybe, I can go a week straight later on :noway: