25 TO LIFE month to cont'd

Options

Replies

• twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Jennifer,
    I am glad you enhoyed yourself! I am the oldy! My name is Rhonda and I am almost 39 1/2 (see), January 28 I will be the big 4-0, but I am thankful, I would rather be on this side of the ground! I have been married for 18 years and have 2 boys 13 and 8. I work as an Administrative Assistant in a nursing home and live in the North Georgia Mountains.
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think I've got you both - i'm 41 and going on 42 on may 20 - yucks ---

Jennifer - happy anniversary - i'm glad that you had yourself such a great time -

I had another terrible day today - went to a holy communion and the foooooodddd was soooo ogoood -
    tomorrow is another day and I'll have to work off the access calories somehow this week....perhaps my husband has some ideas (hheeheheheheh)
    Good luck to everyone this week - I plan on being extremely strick with myself...
    Patricia
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Right there with you I will be 42 in Sept. yuck. But I guess it is the way you feel. So 60 is not so bad LOL:laugh: :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ok ladies, its strict week for me too. Im TIRED of being stuck at 166 after only a month on the site!!
    My HRM should come in soon, that might help get me motivated... i sure hope so.
    Josh is tired of hearing me complain that its not working, so he suggested i start going to arobics class.
    Im scared. I am not gym oriented, and have no girlfriends to go with me on the first day..so im very nervous.
    He keeps telling me that all of those people are there for the same reason i am, not to mention they have been in my same 'starting' position before. WHY am i terrified of the gym?!!??!!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Sparkles - you are terrified of the gym because you are a woman, and we are all intimidated by the fear of seeing some skinny, gorgeous, ripped woman in her tiny little workout outfit dance around us on all the machines flexing her muscles while we are there in our ripped tee's, sweatpants, pulled back unclean hair, trying to figure out where our leg goes and if our leg will even fit in that narrow little spot! It's called a lack of self-confidence. I think we have all experienced it at one time or another. You just need to remember that you belong there like anyone else and you are working towards being one of those skinny, ripped women that intimidate other women just by being in the same room! Get in there and work out. I always find the YMCA's are a little more about the fitness then the popularity or modeling contests. Just my thoughts.
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    By the way...it's Monday and time to check in, I guess. This is a really bad week for me. I enjoyed myself over the weekend and let go of the whole "watch your calorie" thought. STUPID!!!!! I got on the scale today and was really angry with myself. 173. Oh well. I am just going to get my fat butt in gear and start again! At least I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sparkles - you are terrified of the gym because you are a woman, and we are all intimidated by the fear of seeing some skinny, gorgeous, ripped woman in her tiny little workout outfit dance around us on all the machines flexing her muscles while we are there in our ripped tee's, sweatpants, pulled back unclean hair, trying to figure out where our leg goes and if our leg will even fit in that narrow little spot! It's called a lack of self-confidence. I think we have all experienced it at one time or another. You just need to remember that you belong there like anyone else and you are working towards being one of those skinny, ripped women that intimidate other women just by being in the same room! Get in there and work out. I always find the YMCA's are a little more about the fitness then the popularity or modeling contests. Just my thoughts.

I second all of this! And your boyfriend is right, too. Part of the reason I joined the YMCA is that there are mostly just regular people there trying to be fit - not people who are going to "be seen" or "look hot". Some are in worse shape than me, some are in better shape, but we're all there for the same reason. I think there are some gyms where the attitude is more competitive and less supportive - if that doesn't work for you (it definitely doesn't for me!), then find some place that does. I am psyching myself up to try an aerobics class at the Y this week myself - I'm sure I'll look dumb at first but I'm going try to not let it bother me. If anybody tries to make you feel bad or judges you for being there - THEY are the one with a problem! You have as much a right to be there as anyone else, and you are doing this for yourself. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone - having a good day so far - I know it's weigh in today, but for the first time ever on this site, I'm skipping this week - I will be weighing myself next week...
    Good luck to all!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Checking in...gained almost 2lbs this weekend but had a kick *kitten* time doing it!! :drinker: Jennifer-I'm glad you had a nice anniversery!

I hate going to the gym and seeing the girls wearing jewelry and a lb of make-up wearing their shorty-didn't-know-my-butt's-hanging-out-shorts!! And why don't we ever see them break a sweat?? Meanwhile I'm sweating through my Gumby & Pokey shirt doing 20mins of anything!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    jlauren---I loved your response to having gained 2 lbs this week. I hear your pain! But I did it too this week and although I'm bothered by it...I wouldn't have changed my weekend!! :tongue:
  • wagsgirls
    wagsgirls Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    hey guys! i guess i'm back. i tried to stay away because i am very discouraged, but couldn't. i went to the drs on fri like i said. i was feeling good. hoping to see that the scale had dropped a lot, but planning at least on a little. instead it was up:sad: the last time i weighed myself was about 2 wks ago on my moms scale(like i said before i don't own one) and fri. weight was like 5 lbs higher. so i got very frustrated. i really don't know what i am doing wrong. :cry:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Well I guess it has been a bad week all around. Even though I did not gain I did not loose anything either. But wish I could loose auntie flow this week. I am hoping it is just water and will be suprised next week at weigh in. Going to push harder and not go over my calories at all this week and will do some extra exercise to see if that works. Good Luck this week :drinker:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Ah, I'm right in there too - 183 up a lb! Grr. But, I have been exercising a lot for the first time in a while so I'm hoping desperately it's muscle??

Wow jbar - you do not look it! You must be doing something right! (:

I agree with Buckeye Sparkles. I used to get really intimidated too after my first injury, but once you get into the rhythm I find I feel really good after I go. I'm really happy to be back there! Check out a few gyms if you can and see what looks comfortable and if they have a fair amount of machines with the little pictures still on them (so you know how to use them) - it'll help a lot if you want to do weights too.

Classes are fun too. Personally, I really got into yoga personally (I recommend Ashtanga. I've done a lot of sports and nothing has every compared to the workout I got there! I went down 2 sizes in two months and I was the slowest in the class). My friend swears by belly dancing. There wasn't one girl in her class smaller than a 10 either!

Hopefully you'll find something you like!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    im so frustrated right now i could cry.
    one of my coworkers had no regard for anyone else, and made it where i am staying late today..so no Zumba :( ill have to do something else and wait til the wed. class
  • cp005e
    Options
    Bummer!! Sorry you couldn't try out a class tonight, Sparkles. Sometimes life throws you curveballs - you either have to catch them, or duck! :laugh: Definitely go on Wednesday.

I myself actually went to an aerobics class at the Y tonight for the first time ever. And it was fun! There were only 8-10 people, and fortunately I wasn't the only one who was there for the first time. I had an older gentleman next to me (maybe 55-60) and he was having a good time even though he couldn't always get the choreography - it made me smile. :happy: The best part was that the instructor showed 2 different versions of a lot of the moves - both a high- and low-impact variation. So I felt like I had an option if my knee started bothering me (which it did :grumble: but only a little). I have something else to do on Wednesday night, so I won't make it to the gym, but I think I'll definitely do this class again next week. The music was good and I burned 379 calories (both cardio and floor/ab work)!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Tuesday weigh-in results: 178.0!!!

4/15: 181.8
    4/22: 182.0
    4/29: 179.8

Hooray, I'm out of the 180s for good!!! :happy:
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Hey gals...

So I had a party on Sat and there were about 7 of us standing in the kitchen when another couple arrived and the wife hands me a bag of clothes. She says in front of everyone, "I brought you a few pairs of pants that don't fit me. I wore them right after I had the baby. You can have them if you want." OUCH! That's not embarrasing right??? To top it all off they are too small!! I feel like crap! I guess it just adds more fuel to the weight loss fire!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Hey gals...

So I had a party on Sat and there were about 7 of us standing in the kitchen when another couple arrived and the wife hands me a bag of clothes. She says in front of everyone, "I brought you a few pairs of pants that don't fit me. I wore them right after I had the baby. You can have them if you want." OUCH! That's not embarrassing right??? To top it all off they are too small!! I feel like crap! I guess it just adds more fuel to the weight loss fire!
    Blah! that kind of thing is the exact stuff that gets me so depressed. people dont even realizing that they are hurting your feelings!

Yesterday i hiked the hill twice again...cant wait to get my heart rate monitor so i can tell truly how many calories are going when i do that...
    AND, estimating high for yesterday, i was still 600 cals under what im supposed to eat. I feel like im forgetting to enter something that i ate yesterday, but i have thought about it alot and cant think of anything that i ate but didnt enter... and i thought i was closer!! So anyway...i guess i should start eating more during the day so that i dont keep having leftover calories at bedtime. I know its bad, but its alot harder than i thought it'd be! i hope thats not why im stuck at 166... I even refused a hardees biscuit this morning because im terrified of fast food anymore. one buscuit from there with out anything is still almost 350 calories alone. anyway... maybe today i'll get closer. I need to go back over the last two weeks or so and see how many days i was under. anyway, rambling complete
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    i just wanted to do a quick post, for the first time from my new laptop. This is the most expensive thing that ive ever owned and it is going to help me with my work so much that i am just ecstatic! If any of you are graphic designers out there, i got a macbook... and i am thrilled! SO anyway.. sorry to gloat but boy did i earn this thing! <3
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Jlauren - Ah. I feel for you. Don't worry, you'll show them!! :flowerforyou:

Sparkles - gratz on the Mac! They are adorable (and also pretty good computers :laugh: ).