Tattoos..do you have one? If not what would you get?

Options

Replies

• dserious111
    dserious111 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Have 5....need and want more
  • Livestrongalways
    Options
    I have 4 :)

Butterfly on my left shoulder
    Heart with Celtic type design on back
    Daughters name on arm
    And my fav is my skull which is dark grey/ black with a pink bow on its head :) this is on the top of my right thigh

Not getting any others but am extending the skull to include a few dark roses ect covering most of my thigh

Love sleeves on guys! Especially coy fish hot hot hot ")
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I want one someday... in black. Something small and elegant. But can't find anything that I want to live with forever yet.
  • maggymae78
    maggymae78 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have three: One I got at nineteen of a gryphon on my back (not quite a tramp stamp, but near that part of my pack), a cheap kanji I had done on a whim at twenty on my chest, and a large ghost dog, with the word "fidelis" across my right upper back that I got last summer. I personally love tattoos, but don't believe they are for everyone. If you don't like needles, either talk to your artist and figure out if a tattoo is really for you, or get it somewhere where you can't watch. :-)
  • lmct27
    lmct27 Posts: 9
    Options
    Have 3 deeply regret 2, small idiotic meaningless garbage. The one I love is 3 stars on my wrist, my gorgeous sister -who is pretty ill and a poor wee soul thats had more than her fair share of needles was so brave, got a matching one at the same time- I love it!!
  • vulcan06
    vulcan06 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have 3 now (got my first when I was 50!!)- and yes I will have more before I'm finished- I like the idea of a new one to celebrate reaching my goal- and probably cheaper than the wardrobe I was thinking of:laugh:
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    <~~ I have 22 Working on full sleeves :-)
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    dont have one and wouldnt get one. not only because i wouldnt want anything permanently decorative on my skin, but also because IMO colors dont show up well on dark skin and tattoos dont age well with old skin.

i'll stick with henna tattoos :happy:
    This! (the old and the henna, not the dark part-- I'm pasty as hell! :laugh: ) If I ever got one, it would be the Rush star man from 2112 or the owl from Fly by Night, but they say "no chicks, no bands", so I guess no ink for me...
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I think when I reach my goal weight I want to get the white tree of Gondor with the quote "not all those who wander are lost" around it on my shoulder blade. I'm a bit of a wanderer... I also want to get a globe somewhere.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think when I reach my goal weight I want to get the white tree of Gondor with the quote "not all those who wander are lost" around it on my shoulder blade. I'm a bit of a wanderer... I also want to get a globe somewhere.
    I love this quote..did "my own" version of it on my thigh piece. I'm an avid hiker/backpacker and Glacier National Park is my backyard. The words under the water say "ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST."
    jijpr6.jpg
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I have 2 and want another. I'm not sure what or where
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love them and right about now I'm ready to add more.
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have 2....got the 1st one @ 3 1/2 years ago . (I was 44 yrs old) A heart with my oldest son's name on it. (He passed away almost 4 years ago) I've had more work done to that one...adding leaves/flowers to it. Also have a heart leaf and then smaller leaves/flowers around it. They match. Plan to get more on my son's birthday and the day he passed away.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I have one that starts on my left shoulder and ends on my right thigh, it's a peacock at the top, lots of animals, vines & flowers in between, and peacock feathers on my thigh. It also sweeps around front at my right hip and covers a surgery scar and generally decorates *that* area.

I also have a phoenix whose tail circles my navel.

I'm finished with tats unless something strikes my fancy, but it's been a while and I haven't had any great inspirations yet.
  • ChaelaMonstah
    ChaelaMonstah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I only have one. I'd love to get more, though.

My tattoo: http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p674/chaelamonstah/Tattoo_zps54a0b55d.jpg
  • GingerJenX3
    Options
    I have one of Justin Bieber on my bieber.

Wow you rock!!
  • DiamondDust75
    Options
    I have one on my side. It's a hummingbird and a morning glory to honor my mom and dad.
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Don't have one and very likely never will get one, but, I'm kind of intrigued by scar body mod. I love the way it looks, but am guessing that it's way more painful than I could tolerate.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have 2: The one on my chest says "Memento Mori" and the one on my left shoulder says "You are who you choose to be"

I want to get another on my right shoulder that says "Nothing is permanent" and I'm just waiting until it feels right to get it.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i have 15 and want more. I'm half Irish and my forst was a shamrock with Erin Go Bragh