Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,488 Member
    I was just starting to see my weight start creeping down and my dr told me I'm not allowed to do anything strenuous, no caffeine ( :'( ), and no spicy food ( :s ). Blood work came back today and my thyroid levels are low too. I hit 31 and started falling apart lol. I'm hoping that's why I've been struggling to loose weight for so long.

Those wildfires out West look horrible. I hope you're safe and outta the way!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Hey! At least with the thyroid low you have a reason for slower than expected weight loss. Once you fix that, Most of the other problems will start to come around since it regulates so many things. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    No caffeine?! I would tell that doctor to shove it where the sun don't shine! BUT...if it's about your thyroid, I would take that pretty seriously.

I'm feeling pretty lucky today. I just hit 179(I'm 5'6"), which I wont actually record until I see it again when I wake up tomorrow. My weight is dropping slowly BUT It's dropping and I know as I get closer to my goal it will slow down even more. Which is fine because I haven't been below 180 since before I moved to Texas 7 years ago! :sunglasses:

My blood work has come back stunningly normal, all other tests were normal too! My tinea versicolor is in 'remission' I guess is what you could call it, and I'm starting to spend more time in the kitchen cooking new recipes! If I could just keep my finances in order then I will be all set! :star:
  • bethanie0825
    @sufferlandrian That's what I'm hoping as well as fixing a couple other issues I didn't realize were related to it.

@lilaclovebird Congrats!! That's a great post all around. :)

The real struggle comes at about 4am, life gets miserable about that time. I have a dr apt first thing in the morning so hopefully I'll be getting my shi*t straight pretty quick.
  • BodyByBex
    @sufferlandrian That's what I'm hoping as well as fixing a couple other issues I didn't realize were related to it.

@lilaclovebird Congrats!! That's a great post all around. :)

The real struggle comes at about 4am, life gets miserable about that time. I have a dr apt first thing in the morning so hopefully I'll be getting my shi*t straight pretty quick.

@bethanie0825 Thanks!

My struggle hits at about 2am. If I'm properly hydrated I do okay, but if I'm not then everyone else needs to get out of the way between me and the nearest coffee pot. I've also found that snack spacing has helped significantly. I'm starting to FEEL that food is energy for the body to stay awake and keep going.

It makes me wonder how anorexics do it. If I find myself getting tired or sluggish, I pop a few grapes in my mouth or some slices of cucumber and BOOM energy. If I workout really hard and end up going 200 calories over now because of what I did that day, I don't complain or not eat. I drink water and if I'm still hungry, I accept that my body is telling me I NEED that fuel.

Hopefully, your doctor appointment goes well and you'll get your thyroid under control and get back on the fitness wagon. In the meantime, I'mma get back to fittin this whole veggie egg muffin in my mouth! :yum:
  • bethanie0825
    Get at it!!!! lmao!! :D:D
  • BodyByBex
    Get at it!!!! lmao!! :D:D

Oh I did, @bethanie0825. I did.

Also, @sufferlandrian, or anyone who can answer me, why does being nauseous make me want to eat more?
  • sufferlandrian
    Usually if you're nausea makes you hungry, you'll find it's the same food you are hungry for. You brain tells you it will settle your stomach. Depending on the food, you might want to look in to a possible ulcer trying to form.
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Usually if you're nausea makes you hungry, you'll find it's the same food you are hungry for. You brain tells you it will settle your stomach. Depending on the food, you might want to look in to a possible ulcer trying to form.

I'm craving milk/cheese.....
    ETA: I've had an ulcer before when I was 17.... :confounded:

ETA2: according to Google, I'm pregnant.... :fearful:
  • BodyByBex
    I hit my 40 pound marker yesterday and didn't even record it!...where is my BRAIN AT?!

latr8i49cwcj.gif
  • sufferlandrian
    40 pounds! Very nice! :smiley:

You should see a gastroenterologist about a possible ulcer again. My grandfather craved milk/cheese when ever his ulcer would start to flair. You could try taking Pepcid or Prilosec for a week and see if that helps.

Love the video by the way. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Woohoo!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    The weather looked pretty good this morning with visibility up to over 2 miles. I went for a ride and about 12 miles in to it, the wind shifted and blew the Glacier National Park fire smoke right into the valley. By the time I got home my eyes were burning and it was less than 1/2 mile visibility. :-1:
  • paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Yay!!! Just got laid off 5 more days left!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow. That sucks. Makes it hard to work the last five days.
  • paul199madrid
    Wow. That sucks. Makes it hard to work the last five days.
    Yeah but I gotta "keep my mind on the job"
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Sorry to hear this! Praying you find something quick!

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I hit my 40 pound marker yesterday and didn't even record it!...where is my BRAIN AT?!

latr8i49cwcj.gif
    That's really awesome!
  • christianlee100
    christianlee100 Posts: 745 Member
    night shift sucks ballzzzz
  • paul199madrid
    Sorry to hear this! Praying you find something quick!
    Thank you Jennifer