Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    SongDragon wrote: »
    I hope it's done soon @sufferlandrian I can't even imagine.

Night shift again. And apparently my requests for not having such a short turnaround after doubles goes ignored once again. So now I need to get my guts together and approach my boss. A coworker has agreed to switch although she requested it off.

This week my great uncle died, too. Not my best work week for sure.

Yep, it def sounds like you're going to have to make some noise. Hope it works.

Sorry to hear about your great uncle. ((hug))

• paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm getting really tired of forest fires. They evacuated Essex today. We aren't far from there and the smoke in the afternoons is killing us. I've decided at this point they should let the fires just burn and it would be done already.

You in Washington?
  • Loves2Lift
    Loves2Lift Posts: 544 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Someone please remind me next full moon to call in sick... Good lawd! Hope everyone else is having a better night!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    It's quiet here, plus I've managed to sell a few rooms, which pads my paycheck a bit! Hope the crazy dials down soon!
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    LosinIt84 wrote: »
    Someone please remind me next full moon to call in sick... Good lawd! Hope everyone else is having a better night!
    I'm sorry to hear that my night also sucks it will get better tho
  • Loves2Lift
    Options
    LosinIt84 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that my night also sucks it will get better tho

yes, at 7:05 when I can run out screaming!!! Hahaha
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    LoL almost over you'll get through it
  • IrishMiner76
    IrishMiner76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all you night walkers, hope all is well, its 1am time for a coffee and a quick MFP check in. I hope the coffee works its magic I need a boost tonight !
  • Loves2Lift
    Options

haha, thank you
  • paul199madrid
    Options
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    DiddleOnTheRun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If my celery sticks are tasting sweet... Could it mean I'm doing better on my sugar intake? :wink:
    Logged 132 days straight.....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Hey-ohhhh!

Got my new id today...funny thing...IL's DL background is the same color as my hair...so I spent all that time on it and you can barely see it! AND...I could have just renewed through the mail but I wanted to update the weight and the pic...I've lost between 10-20 lbs since then. I get there and they hand me a 42...and call 25. Ugh. The bozo next to me is SLEEPING with a 37 in his hand...I almost pulled a switcheroo on him, lol. Anyway...forgot to change the weight! So I have a new (mediocre) pic where you can't see my coif and my weight is higher than it really is. Wonderful.

Went to the German store the other day. Got some blood sausage, landjaeger, stuff for dinner. We had ajvar and liverwurst on baguettes and spaetzle with homemade herbed butter topped with weisswurst. With helles to wash it down!
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    Options
    @LosinIt84 I'm here in the lab until 7 also. Hope the remainder goes quickly.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    About to start my rounds and pop into the chimp compound and large animal. Received an email today about a guy 'protesting' the Bastrop County Animal Shelter earlier today. By 'Protesting' he apparently was running around in the middle of the street screaming loudly. He claims to be affiliated with Animal Liberation Front and because we are a gov't facility we've got the FBI checking his background.... If he hates the Bastrop County Animal Shelter and how they treat their animals (with love and compassion) he's REALLY going to hate us when he finds out what WE do. With our animals each getting their own quality of life committee and tons of enrichment and toys... man he's not going to be able to STAND us...
  • paul199madrid
    Options
    If my celery sticks are tasting sweet... Could it mean I'm doing better on my sugar intake? :wink:
    Logged 132 days straight.....

Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Hey-ohhhh!

Got my new id today...funny thing...IL's DL background is the same color as my hair...so I spent all that time on it and you can barely see it! AND...I could have just renewed through the mail but I wanted to update the weight and the pic...I've lost between 10-20 lbs since then. I get there and they hand me a 42...and call 25. Ugh. The bozo next to me is SLEEPING with a 37 in his hand...I almost pulled a switcheroo on him, lol. Anyway...forgot to change the weight! So I have a new (mediocre) pic where you can't see my coif and my weight is higher than it really is. Wonderful.

Went to the German store the other day. Got some blood sausage, landjaeger, stuff for dinner. We had ajvar and liverwurst on baguettes and spaetzle with homemade herbed butter topped with weisswurst. With helles to wash it down!

@Frankie_Felinius I need to go to your house for dinner!

Although we had some skinny chicken Parmesan on spaghetti squash with a side salad and some watermelon for dessert.

I have a grilled chicken salad to look forward to in about an hour, with some grapes and watermelon(we're big on watermelon) and then some veggie egg frittatas when I get home to go with my glass of wine. I might squeeze in some homemade hashbrowns but I haven't decided yet.

I make the egg frittata muffin things in advance so I just reheat and eat. They are great with onions, bell peppers, and spinach inside, and a sprinkle of cheese on top. Light enough to sleep on but filling enough to where I'm not going to bed starving and waking up ravenous.

@LosinIt84 and @DiddleOnTheRun what do ya'll do in those labs? What are your job titles? What is the pay like? Do you enjoy your work? If applicable, what kind of degree do you have?

I'm only 26 and I like the research that we do at our facility and I am thinking about heading in a 'lab work' type direction but I am unsure where to go/what to do, so any information would be helpful. :smiley:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    News flash: If you can't pay for a room, you can't have a room. Why would you just expect me to believe you can pay in the morning? It's not an unreasonable policy, and trust me, the business is making plenty of money...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    News flash: If you can't pay for a room, you can't have a room. Why would you just expect me to believe you can pay in the morning? It's not an unreasonable policy, and trust me, the business is making plenty of money...

Wow....Some people's children, I swear.
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    Options
    @lilaclovebird
    Let's see now....
    I am a MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) in a lab, in a rather small hospital, only 2 miles from my home :wink:
    Perhaps you might have heard of "Quest Diagnostics"....more than likely you have not....anyway that is my employer.
    Associates of applied science degree.
    I run the test that are ordered in the ER mostly, except for the morning rounds for the patients on the floor . Then most mornings I get to do phlebotomy on some of the patients, if the work load is too heavy for the phleb. that comes in at 5am to stick everyone before 6.
    Funny, I never thought I could actually "STICK" anyone, but it is a requirement to be able to.
    I find the actual contact with the patients to be much much more rewarding than my laboratory responsibilities. Even though it requires me poking them with a sharp object :grimace: sometimes more than one time.
    My job on "Night Shift" I do QC and maintenance on our analyzers: chemistry, cardiac, coagulation, hematology, urinalysis, plus blood bank QC, and other various duties. (anything day shift doesn't want to do) :open_mouth: .
    The pay...(somewhere between probably $17-$22 here) but would be better at a larger lab. It hasn't quite amounted to the job I had before as a manufacturing production control person.
    Hope this helps.
    Oh! I'm here all by myself during part of the morning. No phleb!!!
    So any ER patients that the nurses do not get blood from when they start an IV, I get to stick.
  • DiddleOnTheRun
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I'm so glad your lab results turned out so well.
    @paul199madrid Thanks!
    So sorry to hear about your layoff, that is how I ended up here, back to school, and a new career.
    There is truth to the old saying "You can teach an old dog new tricks"
    By the way....where in the world do you live? Copper mining?