Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Sarri93
    Sarri93 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SongDragon wrote: »
    Yep. Feeling much better after my breakfast. I had an orange, too.

Ooh that looks yummy
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ooh. Love tuna fish. That may be lunch or dinner.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    Tuna seems to have become a staple for me when I'm at work. I buy the 4 packs of tuna and grab a mayo packet and mix it. I'll either eat it with chips or just a fork. I had a stash of broccoli that I was eating nightly with the tuna but I'm out so I need to probably pick some up.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Sarri93 wrote: »
    I might or might not be eating a bag of chips right now :|

BUT it's a 140 calorie bag and it's part of my breakfast/lunch/whatever meal I'm calling this right now.

Meh. I eat chips on the daily, and I'm still losing weight!

Me too! Chips and wine....ahhh yeah. :naughty:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Tuna seems to have become a staple for me when I'm at work. I buy the 4 packs of tuna and grab a mayo packet and mix it. I'll either eat it with chips or just a fork. I had a stash of broccoli that I was eating nightly with the tuna but I'm out so I need to probably pick some up.

I was doing broccoli nightly. Those broccoli farts were the BEST! /end sarcasm
  • Sarri93
    Options
    I might or might not be eating a bag of chips right now :|

BUT it's a 140 calorie bag and it's part of my breakfast/lunch/whatever meal I'm calling this right now.

Meh. I eat chips on the daily, and I'm still losing weight!

Me too! Chips and wine....ahhh yeah. :naughty:

What kind of wine? Any time I drink alcohol, I write it off as a cheat day because it's like none of my alcohols that I've got are even remotely low calorie. And besides I get way hungry when I drink. It's probably a good thing I drink maybe once or twice a month at most.
  • Sarri93
    Options

I was doing broccoli nightly. Those broccoli farts were the BEST! /end sarcasm

Actually the broccoli wasn't making me particularly gassy. lol
  • SongDragon
    Options
    I almost brought along the mixed veggies, but didn't. I love tuna, but don't generally bring it to work.

Alcohol leads to me sleeping and then not eating or eating poorly. Very rarely.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Generally, I drink the Gallo Family White Merlot because that's what my dad has been buying lately. He likes it a lot and I like that it still has SOME of the health benefits of red wines....I'm trying to train him to like others but I don't have the funds to be throwing around for wine tastings...

• Sarri93
    Options
    I almost brought along the mixed veggies, but didn't. I love tuna, but don't generally bring it to work.

Alcohol leads to me sleeping and then not eating or eating poorly. Very rarely.

Sometimes I feel bad because it seems like it smells extra fishy, but if that happens, I put the container in a trashcan with a lid to seal it a little bit. It's yummy and convenient and so I eat it a lot.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    Generally, I drink the Gallo Family White Merlot because that's what my dad has been buying lately. He likes it a lot and I like that it still has SOME of the health benefits of red wines....I'm trying to train him to like others but I don't have the funds to be throwing around for wine tastings...

Maybe I can look at it. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to look at buying alcohol to destress a bit (nursing school sucks sometimes) but maybe as long as I keep it to a reasonable amount, it'll be ok.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    y'all there's something wrong with me. I spent the last like minute talking about the frozen vegetables I had with my breakfast. Then I said 1/2 of the cup was pineapple, mango and strawberry and I realized I'd been saying vegetables and I meant to say fruit. I think it's time for bed. lol
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Forty minutes to go... good thing too, in a foul mood as I forgot the flax in my oatmeal...

meh, as far as the vegetable and fruit confusion above... that's why I just call everything "food". ;)
  • Sarri93
    Options
    The sad thing is that my brain knew perfectly well that I meant to say fruit. My mouth just wasn't cooperating.
    I'm so jealous of only 40 minutes thought. I've got an hour and 40 minutes. I work 7-7 in one of the ERs in my town. My sinuses are giving me hell right now for sure.

But speaking of food... It only took me an hour and a half to eat my breakfast. I looked at the time and I was like woah.
  • SongDragon
    Options
    Stuck until eight.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    @SongDragon oops no more complaining from me. You got this! :)
  • SongDragon
    Options
    Not a double today so 7-7 is rougher. Only on since 12 a.m. for a humane twist. Recently it has been 4 p.m. to 8 a.m.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Stuck until eight.

Stuck until only 7 thank goodness! But I have to dodge the chatty cathy coworker here in about 30 minutes otherwise I might get stuck here until 9AM!

@Sarri93 A glass of wine a day can be good for you to destress and it can aid in digestion. I enjoy a glass of cabernet sauvignon but my dad isn't a fan at the moment. I'll make him a fan eventually!

But if you have a realy sweet pallet, like my dad, the a merlot is a good place to start.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    Oh good lord 4 pm to 8 am I think I'd kill myself. I mean obviously not literally but eesh.

I actually haven't had wine since I started eating better. Sweet treats have been giving me headaches lately though. I used to love sweet wines, but I might have to explore a bit to see if I still do. I saw these adorable single serving bottles (I assume they were single serving, they were tiny) at the store the other day that I was so tempted to pick up. Since I have no way of storing open wines, that would probably be a better bet for me.

@SongDragon
    @lilaclovebird
  • SongDragon
    Options
    I have three 16 hrs next schedule. Thankfully only one of those has a 16 hrs turnaround time.

Wine. I like it really sweet, like moscato. A friend is planning a wine tasting.