Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is so good
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    OKAY! So...my mom came home on Friday, I went to work and came home and had myself set up for my ONE glass of wine. Then my mom poured me a second one.....which turned into 4 glasses of wine...which lead to an unfortunate text to SSP....

I can't even. I can't odd. I just can't.

He's supposed to come up to my campus today to help me workout on how to take July 6th-11th off for my sister's wedding next year.

I'm REALLY trying to forgot about it, but it's there, on my phone, in black and blue. With an EMOJI!

ETA: I hate that alcohol lowers inhibitions. :disappointed:
  • paul199madrid
    paul199madrid Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up explain what happened
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    So it's like..mushy and embarassing? Or, like, harmful to the relationship? Either way, sorry it's awkward! Hope it gets sorted out quickly.
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Mushy and embarrassing....WAY mushy and embarrassing.

My follow up text (12 hours later) was: "I immediately after that text, I passed out. Because that's what you call falling asleep after 4+ glasses of wine..."

I feel like being this emotionally forward will likely make him run away screaming. It's only been 3 months. I almost want to run away screaming FOR him...

ETA: I'm not sending anymore texts, I'm not calling him. I'm just going to wait for him to show up and help me in a few hours and avoid the WHOLE topic. I feel like space is good. Space is good....
    But at the same time I'm itching to pick up the phone and call/text him and talk about it.

Maybe we can ignore it and hope it all just goes away....
  • Sarri93
    Sarri93 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Mushy and embarrassing....WAY mushy and embarrassing.

My follow up text (12 hours later) was: "I immediately after that text, I passed out. Because that's what you call falling asleep after 4+ glasses of wine..."

I feel like being this emotionally forward will likely make him run away screaming. It's only been 3 months. I almost want to run away screaming FOR him...

ETA: I'm not sending anymore texts, I'm not calling him. I'm just going to wait for him to show up and help me in a few hours and avoid the WHOLE topic. I feel like space is good. Space is good....
    But at the same time I'm itching to pick up the phone and call/text him and talk about it.

Maybe we can ignore it and hope it all just goes away....

Aww I'm sure it's ok. I mean drunk texts aren't exactly uncommon.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Just got a text back...

"Carla is a *kitten* IDIOT!"

My response: Woah....Wanna talk about it?

He has followed with a rant about one of our officers burning through all of her duty ammo at practice and needing more. After being told she'd have to buy her own she said it was an accident. She expects the dept. to be her sole source of ammunition when we all have to pay for our own ammo if our needs exceed what the dept. gives us.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, Carla doesn't seem all that bright...

And a non sequetur response makes me think either: he didn't think it was a big deal, or he's at least as willing as you are to pretend the text of doom never happened.
  • Sarri93
    Options
    lol But it was an ACCIDENT man!

Some people are so self entitled
  • BodyByBex
    Options

And a non sequetur response makes me think either: he didn't think it was a big deal, or he's at least as willing as you are to pretend the text of doom never happened.

I hope so.

I kinda want to make him bacon stuffed pancakes and a side of scrambled eggs for ignoring it.

He said he's ranted to someone so he's going back to his reading assignment now.

I'm just pissed off because his ranting revealed that Carla gets special treatment like making her own freaking schedule to better accommodate her childcare needs due to the fact she didn't get just day shift or night shift like she wanted and she's popped out 5 kids and one of them is special needs.

Chad has also had to rewrite EVERY report she's ever needed to submit because she can't spell.

This is the one who said she and her father hate the Chinese because they bombed Pearl Harbor....

• Sarri93
    Options

I hope so.

I kinda want to make him bacon stuffed pancakes and a side of scrambled eggs for ignoring it.

He said he's ranted to someone so he's going back to his reading assignment now.

I'm just pissed off because his ranting revealed that Carla gets special treatment like making her own freaking schedule to better accommodate her childcare needs due to the fact she didn't get just day shift or night shift like she wanted and she's popped out 5 kids and one of them is special needs.

Chad has also had to rewrite EVERY report she's ever needed to submit because she can't spell.

This is the one who said she and her father hate the Chinese because they bombed Pearl Harbor....

Dear lord I think I'm close to giving up on humanity. I can't even believe the number of idiotic things like that that I see. It makes me want to bash my head against the wall. Repeatedly.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's no worse than the senator from Idaho that thought that seat belts on motorcycles would save lives and that salmon couldn't be endangered since you could buy then in a can at the grocery store. She has a bunch of stupid stuff like that and they elected her to the senate.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yep. I listened to the new girl's rant about our awful schedule and how she can't believe how long some of us have been here and she doesn't know how long she'll last as she has too much on her plate and why is the brand new person shadowing her on an overnight since she hates that shift and never got trained to do it.

I agree with points made, but I'm tired of hearing it from someone who's barely lived it a month.
  • SongDragon
    SongDragon Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Seems like there's always at least one special snowflake. *powers up massive hair dryer*
  • Sarri93
    Options
    Hey, it's no worse than the senator from Idaho that thought that seat belts on motorcycles would save lives and that salmon couldn't be endangered since you could buy then in a can at the grocery store. She has a bunch of stupid stuff like that and they elected her to the senate.

Buahahaha like I said... lol
  • sufferlandrian
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ys6305mesiq6.jpg

This is near where I live. The smoke is terrible. I have no idea how the planes are still landing. The evacuated the town and the smoke is making it hard to breath here in the valley.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
  • BodyByBex
    edited August 2015
    Options
    SongDragon wrote: »
    Seems like there's always at least one special snowflake. *powers up massive hair dryer*

AT LEAST one. I know one of our SPSOs is about to get demoted because she hasn't completed her renewal test for her IAHSS certification. She thinks just because she's been here for 10+ years they wont demote her, but they will. Especially since one of the newer PSOs just got his certification and is looking for the raise/promotion.

I'm not looking forward to him being a 'higher rank' than me. He already thinks he knows how to run the world because he's owned his own multi-million dollar business(that was sold just before it went under) and is always talking about how we as a facility don't know what we're doing.

We also have another officer who loves spouting off how no one is perfect, only the Lord is perfect, and then subsequently demands he get perfect scores on every aspect of his evaluation. He TOTALLY understands that no one can be perfect, but he's perfect.

Another officer who gets $6,000/month in pensions because he's been a cop for so long at multiple different agencies and still needs to get his exorbitant paycheck from working here because his wife has a chronic QVC habit and three kids.

That one is a real treat because if I complain about not having enough money for something he balks about how I live with my parents and have no expenses. Uhm...I pay $750/month in rent to my parents(covers utilities, room, food, insurance, and cell phone), I have a $510/month car payment, some student loans, and a credit card to pay off.

He then realizes his daughter doesn't make her own car payment, doesn't pay her own insurance, doesn't pay rent, doesn't pay her own phone bill and he took out loans for her $40,000 education to be an RN that she never finished because she decided to be a paramedic. Now she has job making almost $40,000/yr and she doesn't WANT to be a paramedic because 'it's too hard' and wants to go BACK to school to be an RN(like that's ANY easier).
    He's paying her way through EVERYTHING and wonders why he has no money.

My coworkers are all special snowflakes apparently.... :expressionless:

• jennifer_417
    Options
    So...I may or may not be watching Epic Rap Battles of History on YouTube instead of doing my homework..
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @sufferlandrian I'll keep hoping with great fortitude that ya'll get some heavy duty rains out that way.

Texas flooded and the Pacific Northwest goes up in flames....that's a bit backwards..